Joesph Mills

To be fair I've thought Grounds has been below par this season (all three games of it). Maybe it is due to his quality debut season or even due to having marauding wingers in front of him not giving him cover but there appeared to be something lacking from him in the early games.

A move to CB might do him a world of good and be a steadying influence on the team so good luck to him.

....from a Saints fan I know.... Where Mills started out...

"Yes, wished we'd never let him go. Small left back but v. good in his late teens for us. Given a proper chance I think he can be a good player. Definitely should great at League 1 level".

If he's small I don't see how he'll play at CH like Mike Keegan has just tweeted....!

Well we don't need striker cover, unless, like you say Baxter is on his way. He must be considering naming Philliskirk in the squad if he's signed non-contract terms, however, I also have a feeling that Wesolowski could well be shipped out during this window!

Edited by oafc1955

What we have here are a lot of ifs and buts and maybes. presumably Mellor is preferred at CB, having played LB, because he passes better and is stronger whereas Grounds is faster and in position. Now that Mellor is injured Grounds is preferred at CB because LJ couldn’t find a replacement CB but has found what appears to be a good replacement LB. Does it mean there is no CB lined up or does it mean there is. The signing of Philliskirk is even more intriguing. A striker who has yet to score in a senior game and who prefers the No 10 spot. Do we need another striker? Yes if Baxter is on his way!

If LJ has looked at the situation and seen that he cannot get a better cb than Grounds then I think it's a clever move getting a decent LB in.

We also have nothing to lose bringing DP in on non contract terms, another body won't harm and playing under his Pops may give his career a boost?!? Again ifs and buts, but positive ones!