Departure

We have no money for a permanent CB having already surpassed our limit per league rules, however we have two trialists in the reserves, three if you count Rachubka, and Danny Philliskirk coming in on non contract terms.

How will it be possible to sign three new players before the end of the window........I reckon Baxter will be on his way very shortly!!!

Apparently our budget is slashed again this season but has our income stream reduced proportionately?

There's always room for strengthening... whenever we need new faces SC always comes up trumps and I'm sure he has a contingency plan when the likes of Philliskirk could demonstrate a return on investment.

Same goes for defenders; we wouldn't be trialling if there's no chance for recruiting.

Baxter staying or going is irrelevant within reason as he's the catalyst for our teams performance.

Edited by Midsblue

Apparently our budget is slashed again this season but has our income stream reduced proportionately?

There's always room for strengthening... whenever we need new faces SC always comes up trumps and I'm sure he has a contingency plan when the likes of Philliskirk could demonstrate a return on investment.

Same goes for defenders; we wouldn't be trialling if there's no chance for recruiting.

Baxter staying or going is irrelevant within reason as he's the catalyst for our teams performance.

SC can't do :censored: if we're over the League set limit...

I think the OP is going off the possibly incorrect assumption that the trialists are without a club. It seems one of them might have been playing for Italy under-20s, he should have a club already. Similar to that, I expect some of our youngsters to go on loan, which frees up space in the budget for new arrivals, like how Simpson has gone to Northwich and Rabchuka played for the ressies yesterday.

Baxter could be sold, but as others have pointed out, he was available for nothing in January and he chose to stay with us. Bringing in new arrivals doesn't mean Baxter is going, nor does it mean we need to sell Baxter to afford the new arrivals.

I'm not sure that he is anymore.....I think we could have a stronger squad with a better chance of success if money from a Baxter sale was reinvested in the team.

The system LJ prefers is best suited to two central strikers......I don't think Baxter is an out and out striker or a central midfielder. He seems to perform best just behind the striker/strikers and in order to get the best out of him we would have to change the formation.

As much as I love to watch him play he produces only in flashes and for me doesn't influence the pattern of play quite enough. He is certainly not consistent enough to build a team around.

He is a crowd pleaser when on song and given the room to display his talent but he blows hot and cold and is sometimes way off the pace.

A part of me would be gutted if he went but I wouldn't see it as quite the disaster painted by many on this forum.

We have no money for a permanent CB having already surpassed our limit per league rules, however we have two trialists in the reserves, three if you count Rachubka, and Danny Philliskirk coming in on non contract terms.

How will it be possible to sign three new players before the end of the window........I reckon Baxter will be on his way very shortly!!!

He might not sign 3.

Or, a Mido style play for free thing going on.

Edited by singe

He can 'try' to get us under the limit by increasing revenue.

How is this limit calculated? How can you possibly know what turnover is until the accounts are published, and then it's historical, and nothing done now can change it for this season.

Agree with 55 , he seems to cause a lot of problems fitting him into a system, only wants the no 10 role , and quite often is ineffective .

Rooney n cmac should be a decent pair , with 2 wingers and a solid 2 in centre mid .

Won't be end of the world if he goes.

How is this limit calculated? How can you possibly know what turnover is until the accounts are published, and then it's historical, and nothing done now can change it for this season.

All is explained here;

http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/FLExplainedDetail/0,,10794~2748246,00.html

This also from a recent Bristol City news item;

The club must work within the Football League's financial fair play rules next season, which state League One clubs must limit their wage and fee bill to 60% of their turnover.

Edited by BP1960

Agree with 55 , he seems to cause a lot of problems fitting him into a system, only wants the no 10 role , and quite often is ineffective .

Rooney n cmac should be a decent pair , with 2 wingers and a solid 2 in centre mid .

Won't be end of the world if he goes.

It will.

Is player share exempt? I.e. if player share pays the wages of the player as a separate body I am sure that's a separate calculation as it isn't part of the club financially??

I assumed this is why it was set up.

Anonymous large donation time to player share mr corney lol

Edited by KYLEOAFC

I'm not sure that he is anymore.....I think we could have a stronger squad with a better chance of success if money from a Baxter sale was reinvested in the team.

The system LJ prefers is best suited to two central strikers......I don't think Baxter is an out and out striker or a central midfielder. He seems to perform best just behind the striker/strikers and in order to get the best out of him we would have to change the formation.

As much as I love to watch him play he produces only in flashes and for me doesn't influence the pattern of play quite enough. He is certainly not consistent enough to build a team around.

He is a crowd pleaser when on song and given the room to display his talent but he blows hot and cold and is sometimes way off the pace.

A part of me would be gutted if he went but I wouldn't see it as quite the disaster painted by many on this forum.

This.

I think it was agreed for this year. Not sure how punishment would be dished out. Could be retrospective like sometimes happens in rugby league, but it would be interesting to see what happens if a team got promoted & then they found out the they were over the 60%. Am sure someone on here would have the answer

Are we spending to accumulate?

It is 60% of our annual turnover as a retrospective view, as people have already said.

If we play good attacking football and win matches we will attract more fans through the turnstiles at BP. Revenue goes up and we can afford a couple more players. Calculated risk.

Are we spending to accumulate?

It is 60% of our annual turnover as a retrospective view, as people have already said.

If we play good attacking football and win matches we will attract more fans through the turnstiles at BP. Revenue goes up and we can afford a couple more players. Calculated risk.

Doubt it, you have to submit monthly forecasts, so it is monitored monthly.