Departure

Good article, but the tax imposed on a club getting into the Premiership is nothing compared to the honey pot of I think £60m even if the club finishes it's first Prem. season bottom.

The problem with all this is the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. If just 10% of the £5.5bn UK TV rights (excluding foreign TV rights and radio rights) were spread around the FL, which, barring a small percentage, could only be spent on stadiums, training facilities and youth policies, football in general would be far better. More English players would be produced benefiting the national team.

Annoying that people are acting like they are not arsed if Baxter leaves basing it on 4 performances this season, 2 where the team didn't perform, 1 where he wasnt fit and 1 where he scored two penalties and won us the match.

He's quality and if we want to do anything we need to keep our best players, you all know for a fact that Corney won't invest 250k back into the team, maybe even pretty much none of it.

Annoying that people are acting like they are not arsed if Baxter leaves basing it on 4 performances this season, 2 where the team didn't perform

I wouldn't worry about it.

Some may think what they've posted. Others are merely adjusting themselves to what they think is inevitable.

I hope he stays. I think he will stay. I think he'll deliver more often than not. Most players don't perform to their best every game. But somebody like Baxter is a game changer on his own.

I can't fathom why people are deluding themselves into thinking the lad will stay!

He has an agent who's job is to get him playing at the highest level on the most money.

If he's not off this window he will be in Jan.

I don't think its delusional to suggest he will stay there can and likely will come a point where we can't match his ambitions certainly the case if he achieves his potential, and yes his agent will no doubt be letting most managers in the league know about his release clause. However this was signed in January the current transfer window has been open for nearly 3 month and as far as we can tell know one has met that release clause figure. Of course within the next week and a half their maybe plenty of activity in the market as clubs frantically try and get players in. But their is still a pretty fair chance he could still be here for the whole of this campaign.

I think the important things to take from this are that the lord and masters of the game have yet to agree to penalise its own for this tax. I'd be surprised if they ratify it.

And as far as I can see, none of the money leaves Division 2. So it is just an attempt by people like that Bolton fellow to grasp at more money.l.

Think we've all seen enough of Baxter to know he's very much an all or nothing type - on his day with his tail up everything he tries comes off and he looks a proper player, on a bad day he struggles to play a 5 yard pass and his shooting goes haywire.

At the moment he has more bad days than good which maybe explains why he plays for us, if/when he finds more consistancy then I'm sure a Championship club will take him.

So, in theory, a League One club could overspend on quality players one summer accepting they'll have a transfer embargo imposed for the next window rather than scratching around for their usual bargain basement signings in both windows?

They could also tie these players down to two year deals if they chose.

:unsure:

Has Baxter really been that bad this season?

I know he's capable of a lot more but that's the bar he's set for himself.

I expect the team to really start clicking over the next few games and for Jose to be a central part of that.

He's been caught in possession many times and I suspect he may be struggling to overcome an injury,

Edited by BP1960

LJ in the latest interview states no offers/bids recieved for Baxter. Although did say Jose needs to focus on 'us' because he's here for 2 years, maybe you could read into that but I think it was just what it says. 10 days to go and LJ says he wouldn't rule out any in's or any out's.

Has Baxter really been that bad this season?

I know he's capable of a lot more but that's the bar he's set for himself.

I expect the team to really start clicking over the next few games and for Jose to be a central part of that.

Tarkowski has made them all look like mere mortals to be fair.

Please please please PLEASE can we have a Chuck Norris thread for young Tarky? Please.

Tarky is the one who will attract the offers at his rate of improvement from last season. This lad has more than enough to play at a higher or even the highest level.

Is player share exempt? I.e. if player share pays the wages of the player as a separate body I am sure that's a separate calculation as it isn't part of the club financially??

I assumed this is why it was set up.

Anonymous large donation time to player share mr corney lol

Playershare doesn't pay the players wages directly. That would go against fl and fa rules. Playershare donates the money to the club to pay the wages. Sc is looking into if it is counted as part of our turnover which makes it even more significant

Playershare doesn't pay the players wages directly. That would go against fl and fa rules. Playershare donates the money to the club to pay the wages. Sc is looking into if it is counted as part of our turnover which makes it even more significant

If it counts towards turnover, wouldn't we have to pay tax on it?

If you only pay tax on a profit, then there is nothing to stop a rich benefactor just pumping money into a club to cover a wage bill then is there? (I don't mean it appearing on the balance sheet as a loan, but just giving them the cash.)

Unless there are strict restrictions on sponsorship then no it will just get recorded as income rather than a liability.

It will be interesting to see how the fl police this. I deal with accounts on a daily basis it's very rare that any of them come in on budget. Suppose your shirt sponsor goes bust halfway through the season and you have a squad of players contracted to the end of the season? Are the fl going to punish clubs for circumstances which maybe out of their control?

Edited by GlossopLatic