Is Ronnie still box office

Or is the fact Ian is no longer involved as the match lost some razzle dazzle?.

For me, Ronnie is just someone we used to know and looking for a 4 goal salvo to give it the sparkle.

With Baxter blasting a hatrick...... though I feel that will have to come via the bench.

The day I as a proud Mancunian get tired of my team beating any Scouse team, even the likes of Prescot Cables, sorry Rosa, is the day I die. The fact that beating Tranmere is beating the Hoofball football genius makes it even sweeter.

I'm proud I'm not a mancunian. I do also take pride in beating any of the 'scouse' teams, it enables me to gloat over my scouse mates.

The day I as a proud Mancunian get tired of my team beating any Scouse team, even the likes of Prescot Cables, sorry Rosa, is the day I die. The fact that beating Tranmere is beating the Hoofball football genius makes it even sweeter.

Mancunian?

This is one of the only games I actually look forward to out of the fixture list and the whole Ronnie pantomime makes it even spicier. Tranmere are the mirror image of us, perched on the edge of a big city with two massive teams, if you support either us or them you probably need your bumps feeling. Add in the Manc/Liverpool shebang and it is setup for a rip roaring afternoon of insults, silly songs, getting heated and letting out the stress of the last week whilst cheering your team on to victory.

And we get to do the "HOOF", "Ronnie Moore's a football genius", slag him and his absent son off. And his mother. You can keep your sanitised Premier:censored: and let us have a laugh and a sing song and a bit of fun. It is what being an active supporter of a club is about. I can't get worked up about Colchester, Stevenage or any of the other teams at our level so lets have this one to remind us all what it used to be like.

I bet even Ronnie looks forward to it, he's been round the block long enough to know what football crowds used to be like, at least there should be an atmosphere amongst the empty rows of plastic seats that we see week in week out on the football league show.

I can't wait for this game, they're on the back of a hiding, we're on the back of a good win and it is setup for a tight tense affair that you can't take your eyes off. Get behind the lads, show them what the BP crowd can sound like just like we did when the proper scouse teams came up the road.

This is one of the only games I actually look forward to out of the fixture list and the whole Ronnie pantomime makes it even spicier. Tranmere are the mirror image of us, perched on the edge of a big city with two massive teams, if you support either us or them you probably need your bumps feeling. Add in the Manc/Liverpool shebang and it is setup for a rip roaring afternoon of insults, silly songs, getting heated and letting out the stress of the last week whilst cheering your team on to victory.

And we get to do the "HOOF", "Ronnie Moore's a football genius", slag him and his absent son off. And his mother. You can keep your sanitised Premier:censored: and let us have a laugh and a sing song and a bit of fun. It is what being an active supporter of a club is about. I can't get worked up about Colchester, Stevenage or any of the other teams at our level so lets have this one to remind us all what it used to be like.

I bet even Ronnie looks forward to it, he's been round the block long enough to know what football crowds used to be like, at least there should be an atmosphere amongst the empty rows of plastic seats that we see week in week out on the football league show.

I can't wait for this game, they're on the back of a hiding, we're on the back of a good win and it is setup for a tight tense affair that you can't take your eyes off. Get behind the lads, show them what the BP crowd can sound like just like we did when the proper scouse teams came up the road.

We give it out, he gives it back if he wins. And so he should.

I have a fond dislike of him, if that makes sense.

Exactly! How it should be.

This is what always confused me about that Barnsley player, was it Shuker? He banged one in at the Chaddy end then went flipping mental, I couldn't remember any of us ever having a problem with him till he did that then since that game we gave him loads. He started it.

Also I can never understand why fans give out to players all game then if they score and do something like the fingers on lips or worse, the same fans that had been giving out to the player then act all Daily Mail and demand action is taken against the player.

As for Ronnie, I once believed he would get us out of the league at the right end but this turned out not to be true, plus he had one of the best midfielders in the league and decided to bypass him which was a waste of a wage. Finally I heard some gossip from a source who has no axe to grind with the club, about Ronnie which made me go over to the darkside and just want him out of the club.

I've enjoyed him coming back though, even when he has left with the points, anything that makes the games spicy is ok in my book.

For some reason I always remember us playing Tranmere even when we were both in the next league up after we started our Sharp decline (excuse the pun) from post-Prem days. A bogey team I recall.

Ronnie being at the helm adds to it because even though he was booted out unfairly - IMO - without given the chance to build for success he's now seen as anti-OAFC; the establishment, fans etc.

Last season did hurt seeing them at the top whilst we struggled and then we got beat twice to boot. Completely turning the tables this season - if we can - would be draw enough for these ties.

You sound like a red.

It saddens me that Tranmere have pretty much been our main "rivals" over the last 16 years.

That's not me pining for the top flight days - in Div 2 when I started going Leeds, City & Blackburn were the equivalent of Tranmere. Jesus.

Edited by HarryBosch

I recently met Liam Miller, the former Man U player who now plays for Brisbane Roar. Nice bloke. I asked him if he'd ever played at Latics. He said he couldn't remember, but said he'd met Ian Moore while they were both at Leeds who'd told him "a few stories" about Oldham. He didn't elaborate but did nod when I asked him if they were bad!