Latics v Tranmere video

Looked as though Oxley gets hands to the ball and pushes it away then Tranmere player falls down.

Interesting that just before the penalty was taken , Bobby Mimms clearly signalled to Oxley to go to his right. Don't know if he didn't see cos he went the other way. Not on the tv but I was in Main Stand and was watching to see if Mimms was going to signal.

Their's wasn't a pen. Tarky's 50/50 for me - he's a big bloke and although Goodison has an arm on him there's no real impediment until he goes down and it can certainly be argued he goes down as he backs into Goodison.

Edited by jsslatic

Here's the link to the FLS. 51 minutes in.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/bigscreen/tv/episode/b039tplj/

Little doubt, we wuz robbed.

Here's the link to the FLS. 51 minutes in.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/bigscreen/tv/episode/b039tplj/

Little doubt, we wuz robbed.

There's no way you can definitively tell from that video. It's noticeable that they didn't refer to it as controversial or discuss it when they mentioned Tranmere afterwards.

There's no way you can definitively tell from that video. It's noticeable that they didn't refer to it as controversial or discuss it when they mentioned Tranmere afterwards.

Depends whether you wish to acknowledge it or not.

I couldn't tell from my seat but the TV footage clearly shows the ball being touched before the man goes down.

Shouldn't have been given but those 2 extra points could prove crucial in your battle against the drop, so good luck to you.

There's wasn't a pen. Tarky's 50/50 for me - he's a big bloke and although Goodison has an arm on him there's no real impediment until he goes down and it can certainly be argued he goes down as he backs into Goodison.

this

It was a definite pen. Best team won on the day. Look forward to taking the three points off you later in the season. its becoming easy now.

:D I'm not sure you even believe this yourself!

If I'm being kind, you lot were possibly the worst side I have seen come to BP in a long long time!

Hope you stay up though just for the banter.

:D I'm not sure you even believe this yourself!

If I'm being kind, you lot were possibly the worst side I have seen come to BP in a long long time!

Hope you stay up though just for the banter.

The same worst side which stopped us from scoring?

Yes they were poor, but at 90+3 it was mission accomplished, a minute later, heaven.

Interesting that just before the penalty was taken , Bobby Mimms clearly signalled to Oxley to go to his right. Don't know if he didn't see cos he went the other way. Not on the tv but I was in Main Stand and was watching to see if Mimms was going to signal.

Makes sense as when they came off at the whistle Mimms was waiting for him and appeared to say summat. Oxley wasn't too happy at it and brushed him aside as he clamoured to get up the steps and into the stand.

Not sure how our pen wasn't given, but have sympathy for the ref so far as theirs go - I do agree that it wasn't, but from ref's angle it would certainly have looked like one!!

I can't agree with that. If you look at where the ball goes, I can't see how anyone can think that was a penalty. Oxley would have had to go some to take the man first and still get so much on the ball.

That bit from Dayton in the Chron is so very worrying. How can a referee explain a crucial penalty decision away like that?

I mean, that is so unbelievably bad. FFS, i hope he's struck off the list for the decision and his further comments

And your evidence re his alleged further comments is........?