Koukash or Corney?

130 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you trust most with the future of Latics?

• Marwan Koukash
    • Simon Corney

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stockholm Syndrome

I had to look this up, so thought I'd share it

Stockholm syndrome, or capturebonding, is a psychological phenomenon in which hostages express empathy and sympathy and have positive feelings toward their captors, sometimes to the point of defending them. These feelings are generally considered irrational in light of the danger or risk endured by the victims, who essentially mistake a lack of abuse from their captors for an act of kindness.The FBI's Hostage Barricade Database System shows that roughly 27% of victims show evidence of Stockholm syndrome.

I don't get why people don't understand that Corney wants to sell? There is no future with Corney.

Corney wants to sell at the right price for him and our two other landlords. I trust him not to sell to an obviously dodgy guy like Vaughan as well.

Until someone matches the (inflated) asking price, Corney isn't selling the club.

As to the original question, I'm not that bothered but gun to my head I'd choose SC, better the devil you know and all that.

Corney wants to sell at the right price for him and our two other landlords. I trust him not to sell to an obviously dodgy guy like Vaughan as well.

Until someone matches the (inflated) asking price, Corney isn't selling the club.

As to the original question, I'm not that bothered but gun to my head I'd choose SC, better the devil you know and all that.

So when Koukash does match the price, because he wants the club, it's his. No ifs & buts about keeping Corney because he doesn't want it and wants to sell.

So when Koukash does match the price, because he wants the club, it's his. No ifs & buts about keeping Corney because he doesn't want it and wants to sell.

There's a difference between wanting to sell and being prepared to accept the asking price.

There's a difference between wanting to sell and being prepared to accept the asking price.

He's said many a time that the club is up for sale and that he is wanting to sell it to the right owner. When that price is met he will sell, BUT only to the right man, so Koukash, who Corney has said is the right kind of guy etc.

He's said many a time that the club is up for sale and that he is wanting to sell it to the right owner. When that price is met he will sell, BUT only to the right man, so Koukash, who Corney has said is the right kind of guy etc.

He has said Koucash is NOT the right kind of guy. Said he wanted to move us from BP and was not interested enough in football.

Corney for me. As has been said before, we know sweet FA about Koukash's intentions. With his rebuilding at Salford, who's to say he won't ship us out of Oldham altogether and merge the two somewhere else, even if not in Salford. We're already too close to one big club, so a move anywhere nearer to Manchester would kill us off.

Koukash, according to the article in the Rarely Wrong, still wants the club but has never expressed his intentions as to what he would do once he gets hold of it. He can give all the guarantees he wants, but that doesn't mean that he'll keep to them. Businessmen aren't always 100% up front about their future plans.

Yes, Koukash has the dosh that would secure a good future for the club, if used correctly, but look at other clubs with heavy investment in recent times; Blackburn Rovers and Coventry City to name but a couple. Do we want to risk ending up like that?

No, stick with Uncle Simon. He makes some mistakes, who doesnt? But he has the club at heart or he would have flogged us off to Hiram N Rippemoff Inc, or whoever else wanted to chuck a couple of quid at it before now. Vaughan? It could have happened if SC hadn't stuck to his word about selling to right people.

Sorry, Mr Koukash, but unless there's some cast iron guarantees written in blood and sanctioned by the Queen, I'll stay as we are, thanks, until someone meets the right criteria.

Corney for me. As has been said before, we know sweet FA about Koukash's intentions. With his rebuilding at Salford, who's to say he won't ship us out of Oldham altogether and merge the two somewhere else, even if not in Salford. We're already too close to one big club, so a move anywhere nearer to Manchester would kill us off.

Koukash, according to the article in the Rarely Wrong, still wants the club but has never expressed his intentions as to what he would do once he gets hold of it. He can give all the guarantees he wants, but that doesn't mean that he'll keep to them. Businessmen aren't always 100% up front about their future plans.

Yes, Koukash has the dosh that would secure a good future for the club, if used correctly, but look at other clubs with heavy investment in recent times; Blackburn Rovers and Coventry City to name but a couple. Do we want to risk ending up like that?

No, stick with Uncle Simon. He makes some mistakes, who doesnt? But he has the club at heart or he would have flogged us off to Hiram N Rippemoff Inc, or whoever else wanted to chuck a couple of quid at it before now. Vaughan? It could have happened if SC hadn't stuck to his word about selling to right people.

Sorry, Mr Koukash, but unless there's some cast iron guarantees written in blood and sanctioned by the Queen, I'll stay as we are, thanks, until someone meets the right criteria.

pretty sure else where its been stated its now against the rules of the FA that if you move a team out of its town you have 5 years to move it back or be kicked out of the league ?

He has said Koucash is NOT the right kind of guy. Said he wanted to move us from BP and was not interested enough in football.

I'll think you find that he hasn't. Read the Chronicle article about Koukash from the last couple of days and it has the same quotes he said about Koukash in there, that's he's a good guy etc.

And he isn't going to move us to :censored:ing Salford I don't get why people don't understand this, he turned him down because he wanted to do that, he's obviously has to come back in with a different change of mind to even get anywhere near close to the purchase of the club.