Koukash or Corney?

130 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you trust most with the future of Latics?

• Marwan Koukash
    • Simon Corney

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard that koukash wanted to move us to Salford and that's why it died down a while ago. Whether this is true or not I dont know. Either way I dont trust him

Why don't you trust him though?

Is it because you have heard other's on here say they dont trust him?

I keep hearing it but not one person has come up with a good reason not to trust Koukash!!!

Does everybody really believe that Corney isn't interested in selling to anyone looking to move us? How about if someone offered him £10 million to buy us and move us 100 miles? Are people really niave enough to think he would say no? Even the biggest Latics fans would have to consider such a proposal because him and the other 2 bought the club as an investment believe it or not!

Over 80% of those voting would keep the status quo when offered what, to me, is a credible alternative.

I am absolutely gobsmacked. Seriously.

I would chance Koukash all day long rather than fester in this :censored:hole division, while selling our best players year after year for another 15 years.

Over 80% of those voting would keep the status quo when offered what, to me, is a credible alternative.

I am absolutely gobsmacked. Seriously.

I think it's just fear of the unknown O4U but I take your point. I'm one of the 80% who voted for Corney simply because he's not done too bad a job so far. Having said that, I suppose it's about time the mentality of "just being grateful to still have a club to support" needs putting to bed and we should be looking to push on, even if it means a step into the unknown and the risks associated with that.

League 1 mediocrity is getting a bit tedious.

I'll think you find that he hasn't. Read the Chronicle article about Koukash from the last couple of days and it has the same quotes he said about Koukash in there, that's he's a good guy etc.

And he isn't going to move us to :censored:ing Salford I don't get why people don't understand this, he turned him down because he wanted to do that, he's obviously has to come back in with a different change of mind to even get anywhere near close to the purchase of the club.

I think you'll find he did, at the impromptu 'meet the manager/ chairman' thing last month, smart arse.

And I didn't say he said he'd move us to ':censored:ing Salford'. SC said he would move us from BP.

Everyone is making assumptions and educated guesses.

Who know's if Koukash wants to move the football team? None of us. Only he know's what his intentions are - if he really wants to go public with his interests in buying us, maybe he should go public with his intention of either moving the club or not.

That said, i'm not sure he would move us? I don't think it was him who moved Salford? they'd already moved before he got there if i'm right.

At the end of the day - more details are needed before Corney jumps in with both feet and sells up.

I would chance Koukash all day long rather than fester in this :censored:hole division, while selling our best players year after year for another 15 years.

Yes but another investor could emerge in the near future. Why should we sell to the first person that comes in?

If he comes out and says abit more says he has a serious plan to take the club forward and he shows an understanding for football, the club, and the town. I'm sure plenty of people could be sold on him me being one of them.

I think you'll find he did, at the impromptu 'meet the manager/ chairman' thing last month, smart arse.

And I didn't say he said he'd move us to ':censored:ing Salford'. SC said he would move us from BP.

So you're saying that his quotes beforehand that were in the Chronicle mean nothing? And why would he move us? Think about it, he won't move us to Salford because attendances would dwindle. And why would he move a side when the stand has already been paid for etc to now make a stadium? It doesn't make sense, personally I don't care either way, I'm happy if we hav Corney and I'm happy if we have Koukash, what I don't get is all this negativity around Koukash when he hasn't done anything to merit it, just normal moaning Oldham fans, some of which were probably moaning about Corney some time ago and wanting a change.

So you're saying that his quotes beforehand that were in the Chronicle mean nothing? And why would he move us? Think about it, he won't move us to Salford because attendances would dwindle. And why would he move a side when the stand has already been paid for etc to now make a stadium? It doesn't make sense, personally I don't care either way, I'm happy if we hav Corney and I'm happy if we have Koukash, what I don't get is all this negativity around Koukash when he hasn't done anything to merit it, just normal moaning Oldham fans, some of which were probably moaning about Corney some time ago and wanting a change.

I think you'll find that this is not true. Corney doesn't know where most of the money is coming from yet, i believe.

To be fair though, jumping in with both feet isn't always the best option, I think that many (including myself) still have memories of Chris Moore and want to avoid that situation again, not saying that Koukash would :censored: off and sell all our players - but more details are needed to convince me.

I voted for koukash as I think Simon has taken us as far as he can, we are stable, have planning permission for the stand, a young hungry intelligent manager and what looks to be a decent squad. I don't think he can go any further, he isn't a money man and we are in my opinion as saleable as we can be in this league, whereas I think koukash has the money/clout to move us further forward for example he may be able to fund the stand outright worry about tenants later

I don't know enough about Koukash. It's always a risk when new owners come in. Do they know what they're doing are they i it for a quick profit. To be honest I can't see any reason why it would make good sense to buy Latics. Our gates aren't going to grow appreciably to allow the club to stand on its own feet. My guess is that potential investors look at the fact that we were once a Premiership club and think that's where we belong. However, if Koukash has good motives then great. Our club will disappear without a benefactor.

Dream -

koukash to take over Latics and Roughyeds (sell Salford RL) build a 20.000 seater stadium at Boundary Park with training facilities / training pitches for both teams and to be donated to the people of oldham in perpetuity.

Multistory car park provided by council / hospital.

And I want it done by the start of next season too. Or I will stamp my foot and have a hissy fit till I get what I want .

:blueball:

Dream -

koukash to take over Latics and Roughyeds (sell Salford RL) build a 20.000 seater stadium at Boundary Park with training facilities / training pitches for both teams and to be donated to the people of oldham in perpetuity.

Multistory car park provided by council / hospital.

And I want it done by the start of next season too. Or I will stamp my foot and have a hissy fit till I get what I want .

:blueball:

Sorry pal, I don't mean this in a bad way but I couldn't give a :censored: about the rugby team. I can't see him putting money into Roughyheads!

I was there too, that's what he said, as well as saying that koukash was a nice guy and he'd met him