Cliff Byrne

Seems a great pro and needs to be playing regularly at his age so can't fault him for going on loan. Lot of respect for the help he gave the club last year when we effectively had no first team coaches as I hear he helped out a hell of a lot, probably to his own playing detriment.

All the best to him, hope the loan goes well. Out of interest is his contract up in the summer?

Good luck to him, deserves it. Perhaps this will now free up wages in the budget for us to extend Mills loan for another couple of months? Not sure on loan rules, but if a player moves on loan out of the transfer window its for a maximum of 93 days Harry. Anyone know if the same would be applied to Mills? Or would we only be allowed an additional 2 months due to him already being here a month?

Sad to see Cliff go but its obvious that he doesnt fit into the style that Johnson wants us to play now. It would have been good if the club could have offered him a coaching position but I suspect Cliff still wants to play on for awhile yet. One is for certain his attitude has been spot on during his time here, sweeping snow from the pitch and not sulking when he was out of the team are just two examples that must be rare in the modern game.

Sad to see Cliff go but its obvious that he doesnt fit into the style that Johnson wants us to play now. It would have been good if the club could have offered him a coaching position but I suspect Cliff still wants to play on for awhile yet. One is for certain his attitude has been spot on during his time here, sweeping snow from the pitch and not sulking when he was out of the team are just two examples that must be rare in the modern game.

Couldn't agree more, and having spoken to him on the odd occasion he seemed like a genuinely nice bloke as well. Best of luck to him in his loan spell.

As much as I agree with a fit squad he wont play, the article before Cliff leaving on the fishul site says Tarky and Joksts both carrying knocks, add to that brown out for the foreseeable future and Mills going back and Im not sure thats the best idea to elt him go right now!