North Stand update

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only if they can't count. Cue jokes along the lines of not having to use the fingers of even one hand. Somebody will, guaranteed.

A scoreboard can be useful to tell how long is left in the half/game too. But then again so are watches and mobile phones.

Ah, that's our club! Putting the fans first as always...

Well if the basic economic reality makes it a choice of, say, sign a player like José Baxter or fix the scoreboard. I know what I'd prefer.

Or sell José Baxter to strengthen the squad ... or fix the scoreboard. Again, I'm not sure the scoreboard is a decision to welcome.

If you can afford to do both, great. But it's not obvious that the cash is sat around waiting to do both.

There are plenty of tin-pot clubs with a scoreboard

Aye, I particularly like the type of scoreboard which has plate numbers that somebody has to manually change. There's nothing quite like seeing some guy in a high visibility jacket legging it from the main stand to quickly change the score; and then watching the away fans take it off again when he returns to his seat.

Scoreboard at 'Sheddings was brilliant - different coloured cards for each opponent and many a time it was between 6-10 points behind not once did I ever leave confidently knowing the final score between the ages of about 9-16.... Although hypothermia does impair ones ability to count.

Happy days....

Aye, I particularly like the type of scoreboard which has plate numbers that somebody has to manually change. There's nothing quite like seeing some guy in a high visibility jacket legging it from the main stand to quickly change the score; and then watching the away fans take it off again when he returns to his seat.

Many of us will remember the half time scoreboard at the RRE when it was uncovered standing. Series of slots alphabetically named corresponded with a list of matches in the programme being played . At HT or just after the scores would go up. Always football except Oldham Rugby also included.

Halcyon days...

Didn't it disappear when they lopped off a large top chunk of the terracing? What year would that have been, anyone?

I think they are making reference to the score board on the front face of the Rochdale road end stand, not the one stood at the rear of the terracing.

I know that, but doesn't neccasserily mean they are financially viable. Probably make 3grand a year from it? And how much did the club say it would cost for a new 1? 35grand?

Clear profit after 10 years then. It's hardly a major issue but I'm sure the majority of paying punters would prefer it if there was a scoreboard (along with a million other things granted). There's an argument for one on that reason alone.

Many of us will remember the half time scoreboard at the RRE when it was uncovered standing. Series of slots alphabetically named corresponded with a list of matches in the programme being played . At HT or just after the scores would go up. Always football except Oldham Rugby also included.

Halcyon days...

I remember watching us at Derby's old baseball ground as a kid and they still had one of those that you had to refer to the programme to make head or tail of it. Think Notts County might've still had one too until they did up Meadow Lane.