Rachubka

For some reason I just felt more comfortable with him there. It wasn't just me either, few of the lads sat near us all felt he looked a lot more commanding than Oxley.

When Oxley signed his main asset according to Hull fans/Lee Johnson was his ability to command an area and control the defensive positions. Let's be honest we've seen naff all of that really this season, but as a shot stopper he's looked quite good (except for a few fumbles).

Rachy looked comfortable on crosses, you just felt assured he was either going to catch it or get something to it.

Hard to judge off one game as he didn't have much to do in all honesty but I'd definitely give him another start against carlisle at home and see how he does I mean a clean sheet is a clean sheet at the end of the day

Thought his kicking was superb. Not once did the ball end up out of play from his kicks. Handling very good especially when collecting right above that lads head in the second half. Looked like he gave the defence a lot more support in taking the pressure of by coming for balls. I would be happy to start him next week. Clean sheet after all!

Edited by adamoafc

For some reason I just felt more comfortable with him there. It wasn't just me either, few of the lads sat near us all felt he looked a lot more commanding than Oxley.

When Oxley signed his main asset according to Hull fans/Lee Johnson was his ability to command an area and control the defensive positions. Let's be honest we've seen naff all of that really this season, but as a shot stopper he's looked quite good (except for a few fumbles).

Rachy looked comfortable on crosses, you just felt assured he was either going to catch it or get something to it.

Hard to judge off one game as he didn't have much to do in all honesty but I'd definitely give him another start against carlisle at home and see how he does I mean a clean sheet is a clean sheet at the end of the day

In pre season games Oxley looked exactly what you say about ability to command and control, but since the start of the season he seems to have regressed. I dont think you lose this overnight perhaps it being slightly higher pressure playing 1st team football this is the reason, I am sure the coaching staff have noticed this. Give him a few games back with the ressers, see what happens.

Oxley has been OK but, if Rachubka will sign long term he should be first choice.

We could get a good few years out of him yet, even if we get up to the Championship.

That said, it would be interesting to see how Oxley responds to the clean sheet if he's put back in for Carlisle .

Been asking for "Rachy Chubs" to replace Oxley for weeks, not convinced by Oxley at all, he'd look more at home in Emmerdale, in fact doesn't he play the part of David in Emmerdale? Come to think of it have you ever seen Mark Oxley and David from Emmerdale in the same room?

Anyway Mills to Left Wing against Orient was another thing i'd been banging on about for weeks, and also moving Grounds back to his natural position of Left Back.

And to top the puzzle off, putting two Centre halves in at yes, you guessed it Centre Half. This team is the one I asked for a couple of weeks back.

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:29 AM

Rachubka

Lanzoni

Tarkowski

Kasunga

Grounds

Dayton

Wesolowski

Smith

Mills

Rooney

MacDonald

And it seems we are finally getting there, maybe Philly for Rooney, but thats up for debate.

Mills only played LM on Saturday to counter their winger, wouldn't want him playing there all the time.

We had this with Danny Jones, his performances were far better at LB than LM.

If Mills stays for the 3rd month then would want him at LB with Grounds missing out, Kusunga a must starter now for me.

Been asking for "Rachy Chubs" to replace Oxley for weeks, not convinced by Oxley at all, he'd look more at home in Emmerdale, in fact doesn't he play the part of David in Emmerdale? Come to think of it have you ever seen Mark Oxley and David from Emmerdale in the same room?

Anyway Mills to Left Wing against Orient was another thing i'd been banging on about for weeks, and also moving Grounds back to his natural position of Left Back.

And to top the puzzle off, putting two Centre halves in at yes, you guessed it Centre Half. This team is the one I asked for a couple of weeks back.

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:29 AM

Rachubka

Lanzoni

Tarkowski

Kasunga

Grounds

Dayton

Wesolowski

Smith

Mills

Rooney

MacDonald

And it seems we are finally getting there, maybe Philly for Rooney, but thats up for debate.

Makes you wonder why LJ got the job, when their was a much better option eh.

Mills only played LM on Saturday to counter their winger, wouldn't want him playing there all the time.

We had this with Danny Jones, his performances were far better at LB than LM.

If Mills stays for the 3rd month then would want him at LB with Grounds missing out, Kusunga a must starter now for me.

Grounds is absolute quality, how you could want to drop him is beyond me

Makes you wonder why LJ got the job, when their was a much better option eh.

I think he either reads this message board and realised I know what i'm talking about or the penny finally droppe accidentally, either way its a poitive sign seeing the line up evolve into one that is more suitable to the players/system we have.

lol tbh I do prefer Chubs it must be said

"Chubs" please.

According to Gordon and Mike Keegan, the Ch is just h, so it is pronounced Ra hub ba.

So techically should be Hubs, Hubby

Or Hubcaps...

Edited by singe

Are you going to leave the board if we take the piss?

God no. I've had people I respect(ed) and much more famous than any of you lot take the piss out of me and I wasn't upset (that much). I certainly didn't throw my toys out of the pram in the style of a recently departed regular poster on here.

God no. I've had people I respect(ed) and much more famous than any of you lot take the piss out of me and I wasn't upset (that much). I certainly didn't throw my toys out of the pram in the style of a recently departed regular poster on here.

Please tell us more!

Oxley has been improving game by game, no reason to drop him.

Rachubka can play in the cup ties, good experienced back up to have around, hopefully keep Oxley on his toes.

He's hardly gonna be happy with that. He hasn't come to be an experience number 2 has he? He's got a great football league pedigree with good experience of The Championship and is still only 32, for a goalkeeper that's not old. He's got plenty of years left yet. And will still want to forge out a career at the highest level possible. If he ain't playing much by January he'll be off. For sure. I hope he gets a decent run in, he could prove to be a real good signing. Edited by PlayItLivo

He's hardly gonna be happy with that. He hasn't come to be an experience number 2 has he? He's got a great football league pedigree with good experience of The Championship and is still only 32, for a goalkeeper that's not old. He's got plenty of years left yet. And will still want to forge out a career at the highest level possible. If he ain't playing much by January he'll be off. For sure. I hope he gets a decent run in, he could prove to be a real good signing.

Not sure about that, imagine it suits him being here, he's never really strayed too far away from the North apart from the Charlton move.

Oxley was brought in to be number 1, not suggesting you keep picking a bloke if he's making mistakes just because he's on loan but he's getting better game on game, probably due in no small part from working with Rachubka and Mimms.