Been going to BP for over 40 years and saw something today I have never seen at a football ground before. Ten minutes before the end a brownish bird flapped its way across the penalty area at the Chaddy End. It was a Curlew. You normally see them on the coast or on high moors and even if you are looking for them they are not dead easy to spot. I assume it must have been blown in from above Denshaw or somewhere. Shame it didn't bring some fans with it.

Since the new pitch went in we haven't had a game called off becasue of waterlogging.

Despite the conditions yesterday it was in tip top condition. Had a good look at it after the game and couldn't believe how well it looked after such a horrid afternoon.

A resounding well done to Chris Bailey and his stafff

Been going to BP for over 40 years and saw something today I have never seen at a football ground before. Ten minutes before the end a brownish bird flapped its way across the penalty area at the Chaddy End. It was a Curlew. You normally see them on the coast or on high moors and even if you are looking for them they are not dead easy to spot. I assume it must have been blown in from above Denshaw or somewhere. Shame it didn't bring some fans with it.

A magpie also flew into the Chaddy End to shelter. Pity there weren't two!

Reckon it was a Snipe.