Oldham 1-1 Wolves

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Rooney was better than I've seen him for a good while, albeit i've thought he's been poor at best recently. He got involved and although he should have scored in front of goal he was in position to miss it, where he needs to be. Still wouldn't start him in the first 11 but positive signs

I thought Rooney was better than I've seen him for a good while, albeit i've thought he's been poor at best recently. He got involved and although he should have scored in front of goal he was in position to miss it, where he needs to be. Still wouldn't start him in the first 11 but positive signs

He won a couple of headers he had no right to, finding a Latics player along the way and when the perfect cross was delivered he was there - suggesting better crosses will get goals.

My beef with Rooney is that he seems incapable of creating his own chances. His lack of speed combined with the lack of runners from midfield hinders goalscoring.

He's far from being a write-off, but I wouldn't be starting him at the moment.

Missed you off the rotation, sorry. Wes is fine until he has one bad game, then we need attacking midfielders and he was always :censored: anyway.

hahaha exactly this... even if he has a great game but we lose it's "he played okay but id drop him and bring in an attacking midfielder, Kilkenny please" that same Kilkenny that left leeds to take a £10'000 a week wage at Bristol city!

hahaha exactly this... even if he has a great game but we lose it's "he played okay but id drop him and bring in an attacking midfielder, Kilkenny please" that same Kilkenny that left leeds to take a £10'000 a week wage at Bristol city!

He will be out of contract at the end of the season and will be lucky to be offered half that money by other interested clubs.

Wes being :censored:e has nothing to do with any other player or that players wages, by the way how many great games has Wes had, None?

Wes being :censored:e has nothing to do with any other player or that players wages, by the way how many great games has Wes had, None?

been outstanding (by out standing that means STANDS OUT from the other 11 chaddy smoker) on his last 4 or 5 appearances.. many others will agree with this

been outstanding (by out standing that means STANDS OUT from the other 11 chaddy smoker) on his last 4 or 5 appearances.. many others will agree with this

Please don't patronise me by explaining the English language Kieran. Let us move forwards, if you are going to the match tonight count how many times Wes plays a pass forwards of more then say 5 yards and I will count how many times he passes to someone who is behind him or to a team mate who has more opposition players around him.

Please don't patronise me by explaining the English language Kieran. Let us move forwards, if you are going to the match tonight count how many times Wes plays a pass forwards of more then say 5 yards and I will count how many times he passes to someone who is behind him or to a team mate who has more opposition players around him.

As he isn't playing, hopefully you're able to put your efforts into supporting the team rather than compiling statistics to use in an argument against our own players.

main reason im probably sticking up for wes is he is my kind of player, give anything for the club and always put his body on the line - we didn't score 5 because wes wasn't playing chaddy smoker! rodgers filled in his position and probably made just as many backward passes as wes would have... also our last goal contained about 35 passes, 15 or so of them going backwards but it got us the goal??

main reason im probably sticking up for wes is he is my kind of player, give anything for the club and always put his body on the line - we didn't score 5 because wes wasn't playing chaddy smoker! rodgers filled in his position and probably made just as many backward passes as wes would have... also our last goal contained about 35 passes, 15 or so of them going backwards but it got us the goal??

Yes I might agree with that but I don't remember any of those passes being from an unmarked position back to a team mate who has opposition players around him, they were constructive passes using the 'pass and move' idea which most good teams utilise AND which I totally buy into. My type of player puts his body on the line but also on occasions passes forward/ shoots/ lays it on a plate for an unmarked team mate to score etc and doesn't just lay it on the line! I never said we scored 5 because Wes wasn't playing that was your inference, BUT we did score 5 didn't we? Even bloody Sidney laid 1 on a plate last night and he is a headless chicken who, by the way, I would pay to watch every game, would you? Now he is my type of player, NOT in midfield though

Yes I might agree with that but I don't remember any of those passes being from an unmarked position back to a team mate who has opposition players around him, they were constructive passes using the 'pass and move' idea which most good teams utilise AND which I totally buy into. My type of player puts his body on the line but also on occasions passes forward/ shoots/ lays it on a plate for an unmarked team mate to score etc and doesn't just lay it on the line! I never said we scored 5 because Wes wasn't playing that was your inference, BUT we did score 5 didn't we? Even bloody Sidney laid 1 on a plate last night and he is a headless chicken who, by the way, I would pay to watch every game, would you? Now he is my type of player, NOT in midfield though

all well made points... but the type of player you describe is the type of player wes is, just got coached out of him with dickov - he's now getting back to what we saw in him his first season with latics!

all well made points... but the type of player you describe is the type of player wes is, just got coached out of him with dickov - he's now getting back to what we saw in him his first season with latics!

The type of player that you say Wes WAS, not is, and in my opinion, he wasn't, isn't and will never be good enough, sorry let us agree to disagree, but I think he was perhaps good enough for Dickov, but he is holding back LJ's team development. We are trying to play a high pressing game, which I agree Wes is good for, but he has to be able to play a simple forward or square pass, once he draws his man. It is quite simple to do this, it just requires a bit of composure, e.g. Connor Brown last night had it to set up 1 of the late goals, even bloody Sidney had it, they are getting it, why isn't Wes. If Wes does, I will stand up and applaud him but, if he carries on, not getting it, then he should be out of the door, probably soon! Lets stop boring others with this!

KTF