Playing On A Sunday

I wouldn't know. I got locked out. Despite getting to the ground almost an hour before kick off and having a season ticket.

#shambles.

My memory is a little sketchy on the time I arrived, but I didn't have a season ticket and I'm pretty sure it was much less than an hour before I got there. Still managed to get in and witness all the goals. Including Adam Griffin's wonder strike.

Well apart from one lame attempt to belittle me, which appears to have backfired and will be glossed over, it appears we have a rather unaminious opinion on this. I take on board maybe doing it for derby games but we recently had a decent rivalry building with blackpool which died a death one sunday afternoon (think we lost 0-1). I honestly believe the attendance for sunday would have been higher on a saturday. We have tried friday nights, they are equally as lame, although a derby game probably would be different. I know the powers that be read this board, so hopefully they will take on board that all our opinions have been formed through experience and move the idea from their minds.

Well apart from one lame attempt to belittle me, which appears to have backfired and will be glossed over, it appears we have a rather unaminious opinion on this. I take on board maybe doing it for derby games but we recently had a decent rivalry building with blackpool which died a death one sunday afternoon (think we lost 0-1). I honestly believe the attendance for sunday would have been higher on a saturday. We have tried friday nights, they are equally as lame, although a derby game probably would be different. I know the powers that be read this board, so hopefully they will take on board that all our opinions have been formed through experience and move the idea from their minds.

Actually I think there is a view that the occasional Sunday game might be a good idea.

Edited by LaticsPete

One, as yet unmentioned, advantage to playing on a Sunday. We don't have to sit through an hour of the FLS complete with insipid punditry, especially if it's a Claridge show, to watch 30 seconds of highlights as they concentrate on the big teams.

One, as yet unmentioned, advantage to playing on a Sunday. We don't have to sit through an hour of the FLS complete with insipid punditry, especially if it's a Claridge show, to watch 30 seconds of highlights as they concentrate on the big teams.

ha ha - I record the programme and then watch it the next day - allows me to start at around the 45 minute point and fast forward to view our 30 seconds.

I then watch the full programme skipping the chat....

ha ha - I record the programme and then watch it the next day - allows me to start at around the 45 minute point and fast forward to view our 30 seconds.

I then watch the full programme skipping the chat....

I've always said it should be a goals and key highlights show. Cut the :censored:ty (and that's being kind) analysis and show me some goals.

Could have facts, stats, texts and tweets scrolling across the bottom of the screen in a TOTP2 type fashion.

But who am I?

On an aside, if I were C5/C4/ITV I'd be tempted to buy the FL highlights package and run it on a Saturday night directly against MOTD. I reckon it would get more views just in people flicking over during analysis than FLS gets in its current slot now.

Edited by jsslatic

No real harm in selecting a couple of games a season to be played on a Sunday, Make them against local rivals and promote them with ideas such as reduced family tickets.

But the majority of matches should remain Saturday 3pm.

Agreed. This seems to be pretty much the opinion of most, pleasing to see.