Worst ever away game following the 'tics

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

would be interesting to hear everyone's as many of us would have experienced different ones.. im going to put mine as MK Dons 0-0 2010, might change when i hear others and think 'ah yeah'

worst bradford fa cup 86 lost 5-1 about -9 frozen.

best man city away 1986/7 won 2-1 they battered us tommy wright

Edited by rigsby

Notts co last year was horrific, then 4 days later we beat liverpool!!! Its a funny game.

The hereford one is right up there, its the only time ive ever left a game early, i even missed the best bit, the streaker on the pitch!

Hereford for me it was dire....as memory serves It was 4 nill after 20 minutes, the streaker wearing walking boots running the length of the pitch was great

Hang on I've remembered a 00 against Luton in the premier league that was worse cos I had to travel further on theh bleeding coach

5-0 at Tottenham in PL

Loosing to Cardiff, when they had Hallsworth in goal in the cup when we were the division above them (at least). My Dad is a boyhood Cardiff fan, don't think I'd gotten back to my Gran's, in the Valleys, for 5 minutes before my Uncle, who is a Cardiff fan, was on the phone.

Anytime we lost at Hartlepool between 2003 and 2011.

Same here Kieran, although i'm sure it was 5 v 0 and not 5 v 1. We were 4 v 0 down after about 20 minutes. :censored:in' awful day out.

you might be right with 5-0.. can remember the atmosphere was quite a comical one though, when they scored their 5th we all started chanting 'easy, easy' haha

I vaguely remember losing 4-0 at bournemouth on a tuesday night years ago, long way home on a tuesday!!!! Pretty sure it was a tuesday anyway!

I distinctly remember losing 5-0 at Bournemouth early 1971 ? We travelled down on the football league liner train with the disco carriage on the back end playing northern soul. A sogging wet day when Ted McDougal scored a few against us.and Jim Bowie had a nightmare. From the days when away games were a proper experiience.

QPR away in the playoffs was painful, bitter experience.

But as for standard league games Hereford away is definitely up there.

Although that was soon redeemed with a quality 0-0 draw away at Leicester with Windass in goal for the second half, which actually won him a place in the official FL team of the week as the goalkeeper.

Edited by PlayItLivo

Accrington Stanley away in the FA Cup a couple of years ago was quite bad.

The elation of what we though was a last minute Feeney equaliser, to which was to this day wrongly disallowed.

Stockport away under Shez, lost 3-1 I think, Liddell scored direct from a corner.. That was also :censored:e, but only 20 minute journey home!

(Clearly don't get to many away days!)