Liverpool ticket sales...

A good day sesh, a good sing, and. At least one goal.

If we get more than that, I might promise to give up smoking again :wink:

I certainly won't be getting disheartened if we get beaten 10-0 though, in all honesty! It's mostly about the dosh for the club.

No. The money is irrelevant to fans. Or it should be. (In as much as we don't see it.)

It's about the people who go every week getting to see us play a top premier league team at a top premier league ground. The possibility of a win and all the glory that entails.

We (the fans) don't see the cash. The most important thing is that the people who matter have a top day.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We support a lower league side, if you cant look forward to seeing your side playing a top 4 Premier League side (which tbey still should be) on FA Cup 3rd round day - I dont see what there is left for you to look forward to in regards of latics.

No. The money is irrelevant to fans. Or it should be. (In as much as we don't see it.)

It's about the people who go every week getting to see us play a top premier league team at a top premier league ground. The possibility of a win and all the glory that entails.

We (the fans) don't see the cash. The most important thing is that the people who matter have a top day.

Annoys the :censored: out of me the first thing out of everyones thoughts is the money.

Yes it's important but we dont see it do we.

We can survive without these big games so they aren't essential. They are a luxury not a necessity.

So just get over and enjoy yourself and if we are 1 nil up with 3 minutes left no wishing the ball into Oxleys net so we can 'take em back to our place for the money'

Annoys the :censored: out of me the first thing out of everyones thoughts is the money.

Yes it's important but we dont see it do we.

A simple example from last season on sequence of events.

1. Beat Forest.

2. Drawn against Liverpool.

3. Baxter signs long term contract.

While I know Baxter is no longer here there is little doubt that the money secured that deal. We see the money.

It doesn't appeal to me like it did two years ago, but I don't think I'd ever be able to live with myself if we won and I wasn't there to see it...

this is where I'm at, I would of preferred someone different away but then again we could of ended up playing someone like mk dons away.

It's just dawned on me that there currently the best side in the country. I would take a 4-1 reverse now!!

Until Friday I wasn't going, couldn't be arsed. Went the other year, loved it even though we got thumped. The moment when Simpson's goal hit the net was one of the best of my life. I don't think that could be topped, even if we win this time.

I was talking to my Bury supporting boss and said that I couldn't be arsed going and then talked myself into it by saying "If a fan of a club like ours isn't excited about going to Anfield then something is wrong." So I got my ticket on Saturday. Still not as excited about it as I was the other year and have just asked my wife "Who is top of the prem at Christmas?" Then laughed manically as the realisation that the team that wouldn't have given the Dog and Duck much of a challenge on Saturday have to go and play them. And I've paid £22 for the pleasure of watching it.

Us football fans are an odd bunch.

A simple example from last season on sequence of events.

1. Beat Forest.

2. Drawn against Liverpool.

3. Baxter signs long term contract.

While I know Baxter is no longer here there is little doubt that the money secured that deal. We see the money.

When I say we don't see it, I mean it doesn't go into our bank accounts.

Obviously we see it in terms of the club survives, signs better players, and ultimately stays exactly where we are in the pyramid.

But you know, let Simon Corney worry about the dosh. Let the fans worry about enjoying a good day out.

The best thing about beating Forest wasn't drawing Liverpool and signing Jose, it was the crazy 7 minutes and the celebrations that followed. I can only speak for myself, but the amount we might possibly earn from this was the furthest thing from my mind at that time.

Due to a bad accident at work I can't make it,gutted is an understatement hate missing any games but against any premiership side makes it worse.Enjoy and embrace it games like this for a team stuck in the 3rd tier of the football league are as big as they come.

Due to a bad accident at work I can't make it,gutted is an understatement hate missing any games but against any premiership side makes it worse.Enjoy and embrace it games like this for a team stuck in the 3rd tier of the football league are as big as they come.

You alright yarddogs?

I saw Stockport beat four Premiership sides in the 1996/7 League Cup.

Now they lose at home to teams like North Ferriby United.

Enjoy every moment of the good times.

I assume this was before your time O4U, but as I remember at the time Stockport were rock bottom of the 4th Division and Liverpool were on top of the 1st. I notice Peter Phoenix played for County in that game.

A similar 1-1 draw for the Latics would be nice.

http://www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Game/267

Edited by BP1960

I assume this was before your time O4U, but as I remember at the time Stockport were rock bottom of the 4th Division and Liverpool were on top of the 1st. I notice Peter Phoenix played for County in that game.

A similar 1-1 draw for the Latics would be nice.

http://www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Game/267

Before my time.

But living in the area I did get to see a piss poor County take Champions of Europe Liverpool in to extra time at Anfield in 1984. The first time Liverpool had failed to score in normal time of a two legged tie.

County hit the bar, had one cleared of the line but ended the game with 9 men as injuries took their toll back in the days of one sub. Liverpool eventually prevailed 2-0. No TV pictures.

I'd still rate the Latics wins at Everton and over Liverpool ahead of this though. And Matt Smith's equaliser.

Before my time.

But living in the area I did get to see a piss poor County take Champions of Europe Liverpool in to extra time at Anfield in 1984. The first time Liverpool had failed to score in normal time of a two legged tie.

County hit the bar, had one cleared of the line but ended the game with 9 men as injuries took their toll back in the days of one sub. Liverpool eventually prevailed 2-0. No TV pictures.

I'd still rate the Latics wins at Everton and over Liverpool ahead of this though. And Matt Smith's equaliser.

For the nostalgic ones, some teams from past Latics v Liverpool cup ties;

http://www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Game/119

http://www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Game/956

http://www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Game/5319

http://www.lfchistory.net/SeasonArchive/Game/5379

And a full record;

http://www.lfchistory.net/Opposition/Team/Profile/34

It's amazing Latics have bought no players from Liverpool in the last 35 years;

http://www.lfchistory.net/Opposition/Team/Profile/34

Edited by BP1960

I'd rather we'd drawn Arsenal, City, Chelsea or Spurs away but this is next best for me, despite it being a bit Groundhog Day.

It's more about the day out and the atmosphere than the football for me this time than it was last time.

We've got no right to have more glory after last seasons shenanigans whereas last time I was desperate for it.

So we'll probably win.

I don't know you from Adam (:censored: all to do with Rooney), but I only live 10-12 miles away and if you want a ticket or a few, I will go up and pay for them for you. You can transfer me the money? Up to you...PM me if you want me to sort it.

Thank you all for the kind comments & offers of help, maybe it's Xmas time & people are in the spirit but its actually quite overwhelming that decent people want to help.

I'm sorry I can't address you by name (don't know it) but thank you so much for the above offer.

I had a really long think about this & I will decline. For me I'm not massively passionate about going to Liverpool and if I take the ticket I may end up ruining someone's Xmas/only chance of going to Anfield by taking the ticket & i wouldn't want that

Don't get me wrong i really really like Latics & am desperate for them to win & the other 19 premiership clubs would have really appealed to me

Once again thank you all for your kind generosity and I hope everyone who wants a ticket gets one

Now lets get something at Sheff Utd today!

Dean