Injuries & signings

What's the situation on our injured players...Macdonald, Philliskirk, Dayton and Wesolowski would make this team a whole lot better.

How far away are they from a return to action...any indications from the club?

Also, are there any rumours of players coming in during the transfer window?

What's the situation on our injured players...Macdonald, Philliskirk, Dayton and Wesolowski would make this team a whole lot better.

How far away are they from a return to action...any indications from the club?

Also, are there any rumours of players coming in during the transfer window?

When you think about it - missing these four just emphasises how well we have done to get points at both Sheffield and Coventry - agree it would be good to know if any of the above will be available for Liverpool - suspect that Philliskirk may be the only one,.

It's bizarre isn't it - we're in a precarious position but there isn't one player I'd like to see the back of. I'm reasonably happy with them all.

Makes me think a bit more of the right coaching is the solution.

Or having Philliskirk and McDonald fit at the same time?

Rooney, Schmelz, Millar ... possibly at risk?

Something extra in midfield needed, despite Wes and Korey playing well?

Edited by opinions4u

Rooney is a tough one, I do think he could come good but he will be a high earner and hasn't up to yet set the world alight with us. Sydney only looks to be an impact player, only seen a decent player in flashes. Millar, looks as though a player is in there somewhere but has he had his chance? Byrne although I do like a no nonsense cb at times doesn't seem to fit lj's ethos, could it be him? And if tarky was sold would it allow a good number of decent players in? And is it worth selling now when he could be worth more in the future if he carries on developing as he has this season?

Maybe the reason Tarky has been deployed in defensive midfield against both Cov & Sheff U is so LJ could get a good look at a potential Lanzoni-Kusunga partnership, if indeed Tarky is off?

I'm fairly happy with the squad tbh, however that doesn't mean I dont want incomings and outgoings.

Brings Mills back, and if Tarky goes, Grounds can be the 3rd CB option behind Lanzoni & Kusunga.

A decent winger, attack-minded central midfielder/no 10, and a striker will do me nicely. I wont lose sleep if Rooney goes (although cant see it happening, however i dont think Rooney is being helped by us offering him little service.

If Tarky does go, and we can't get him loaned back for the rest of the season, it's even more important to sign Lanzoni up ASAP - should really have done this after his first game, obvious quality. I think the no. 1 priority has to be a striker (as usual), Charlie Mac's the right sort of player but injury-prone, someone who could link up with Danny P and JCH - assuming we hold on to those two!

If we could sell, Rooney still doesn't look like the striker we needed, probably on a decent wage but hopefully will start to score if still here. Otherwise a decent squad, just need those injured players back, a bit of consistency, and a goalscorer. Not much to ask...

Any extra bodies in should be matched by loaning out the equivalent youth, as it means they aren't considered ready. I am resigned to Tarky leaving as I was with Baxter so i won't be jumping out of the window when it happens. Three quality additions from the money would go a long way to soften the blow

I, like many others here feel that it seems more than likely that Tarky will attract offers from several clubs.Most likely from the Championship but we can't rule out interest from the odd Premier league team. As we all know Brendan Rodgers is a frequent visitor to BP and he will know all about the lad.

For a club of Liverpool's stature any fee we could command would be pretty much immaterial,if there are more than a couple of 21 year old central defenders of his stature, ability, potential and attitude then i would be amazed .

We have more bargaining power this time around than we did with Baxter or,i would have thought anybody else we have sold in the last few years.

If he does go, i wish the lad all the best and thank him for being a credit to his club ( but we should get plenty of wonga too ) :grin:

Hold on! Why should we let Tarky go, isn't he on a two year contract and with the Liverpool game there must be some spare cash, even with FairPlay limitations. LJ should keep all the good ones and try to lose some of the less effective.

My list of less effective:

Oxley - imo has not improved and is not the answer we need to be looking for a goalkeeper for next season

Millar - 1 goal striker - I have seen enough

Winchester - Just not strong enough - I would love to send him to the USA - well the Dynamite Kid had his slight frame but the Yanks worked wonders on him

Sydney - wonderful sometimes going forward but defensive duties have made him less effective

Apart from that I want to keep the rest and resign Lanzoni and Petrasso

Hold on! Why should we let Tarky go, isn't he on a two year contract and with the Liverpool game there must be some spare cash, even with FairPlay limitations. LJ should keep all the good ones and try to lose some of the less effective.

My list of less effective:

Oxley - imo has not improved and is not the answer we need to be looking for a goalkeeper for next season

Millar - 1 goal striker - I have seen enough

Winchester - Just not strong enough - I would love to send him to the USA - well the Dynamite Kid had his slight frame but the Yanks worked wonders on him

Sydney - wonderful sometimes going forward but defensive duties have made him less effective

Apart from that I want to keep the rest and resign Lanzoni and Petrasso

I was implying that we should ask a decent fee, circa 1 million for him should we receive offers and not be tempted to take a swift couple of hundred grand !

i would be more than happy for him to stay but at the same time think he may very well go.

As for your other observations, i pretty much agree.

I don't think it's a foregone conclusion Tarky will go in this window either.

He seems a bright lad & might appreciate how far he's come on in half a season and how far he could continue to improve.

Then again, he seems a bright lad so he might be off like a shot.

January - the month when thousands of football fans hope & pray that dedicated, hard working young lads don't get a better job.

That's the ridiculous scenario...we have good individual players but we haven't got an effective team. If we want to

succeed then we have to pay the kudos for a good strike pair. We all thought Rooney was the marquee signing we had been

waiting for but for one reason or another he clearly isn't.

I have said before and I'll say it again...if we had signed Leon Clarke we would be up in the playoffs....goals breed

confidence but we don't do goals.