3rd FANS FORUM WITH LEE JOHNSON

The third forum will be held in the Guest Lounge of the club at 3.00pm on Thursday, 9.1.2014

As usual the manager will be present to take your questions.

We will follow the usual format and 20 persons will be selected from those making it known that they wish to attend.

You should append your names to this link and Rick Attwoood will oversee the process.

I appreciate that the arrangements are unsuitable for those in daytime work but this is the only time available at the present.

Barry

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to see that the manager/club are still keen on keeping the communication with fans going Barry, but may I ask why the :censored: is it at 3pm on a working day?!? Believe it was at a similar time last time too. The majority of our fans are either in work or school at that time, so you're really limiting the people who will be able to attend. The cynics may say that's the point of course...

Yup, I'm up for it.

Good to see that the manager/club are still keen on keeping the communication with fans going Barry, but may I ask why the :censored: is it at 3pm on a working day?!? Believe it was at a similar time last time too. The majority of our fans are either in work or school at that time, so you're really limiting the people who will be able to attend. The cynics may say that's the point of course...

Probably doesn't clash with training or a match. Or the manager's right to a home life.

Seriously, if you want this sort of access to a football manager I don't think it's unreasonable for it to be during office hours.

He's made himself visible at an evening event (Lanzoni) and nobody could be arsed when he was going to turn up in Ashton because it's oh so far away.

Edited by opinions4u

Lololololol.

Would really like to be included if possible. I am lucky enough to be able to take some leave and I appreciate the opportunity.

When I tell my mates who support other clubs that this happens at latics they look at me in a bemused way

To be balanced I promise to take my grumpy, cynical , main stand alter ego along with me.... Hey you Johnson, you telling me Brown/Plummer/Rodgers, is a footballer? You're having a giraffe!

Andy Stott

Brilliant, only yesterday, I declared it wouldn't be long until he got the brews and biscuits out again, absolutely priceless.

Great for fans (kids) to get to see the manager, but I couldn't see Mourinho doing this, i'd rather he spent the hour working out how to win matches at Boundary Park!

Brilliant, only yesterday, I declared it wouldn't be long until he got the brews and biscuits out again, absolutely priceless.

Great for fans (kids) to get to see the manager, but I couldn't see Mourinho doing this, i'd rather he spent the hour working out how to win matches at Boundary Park!

But....

But....

You asked for this type of event. Ou said you'd like to attend.

And now - again - you're moaning.

#clubcantwin

But....

But....

You asked for this type of event. Ou said you'd like to attend.

And now - again - you're moaning.

#clubcantwin

No, to be fair, I do think it's a good thing that he appreciates that the fans have a massive interest in what's happening at the club, but does it attract new fans??? does it push us higher up the table? The only benefit I can see is a group of fans (more than likely older (than children)) who get the opportunity to take their hobby and interest in Latics that 1 or 2 or three steps further than any other professional club in England would do, it's none of our business asking Johnson in person what his transfer targets or what his future tactics are to be, that's what OWTB was invented for is it not?? to speculate and rib him and then when we win 2 on the bounce, praise him to high heaven.

I feel his time would be better served on the training ground.

I feel his time would be better served on the training ground.

I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark and guess that a training session hasn't been cancelled to make room for this event.

Good opportunity for fans that are able to go to ask some questions on behalf of everyone. There are plenty of valid issues raised on here that could be put to him.

No, to be fair, I do think it's a good thing that he appreciates that the fans have a massive interest in what's happening at the club, but does it attract new fans??? does it push us higher up the table? The only benefit I can see is a group of fans (more than likely older (than children)) who get the opportunity to take their hobby and interest in Latics that 1 or 2 or three steps further than any other professional club in England would do, it's none of our business asking Johnson in person what his transfer targets or what his future tactics are to be, that's what OWTB was invented for is it not?? to speculate and rib him and then when we win 2 on the bounce, praise him to high heaven.

I feel his time would be better served on the training ground

At 3pm? Whilst I technically agree with you, that's only because if I was running a football club I'd have training reaching its peak at 3pm, for physiological reasons, but that is with it starting later than it does now. You can overtrain, it's easily done and having the players training at 3pm if they started at roughly 10am is a very good way to do it. This is a time Lee Johnson can do, fans can either like it or not go, Lee Johnson and the club don't have to do this. It probably means he will see his daughter for an hour less than he would normally.

I could understand if you said some other function of his job, like watching scouting film, or similar but on the training ground, not for me.

Whilst I commend LJ for the offer, I can't really see the value of this and can't really add what can be communicated via the official site, via Barry or in local press.

I think we all know he's a nice, decent, committed lad and driven to deliver success for the club. We also have come to conclusion that initial strengthening hasn't worked in some areas and he's wheeling and dealing to correct this. He's not accountable to us nor does he have to explain his actions or activity in the transfer market unless were in relegation come March, April or May.

60 minute nattering over tea and biscuits won't add to my opinion. If there was the promise of Corney flipping his lid again then I'd reconsider maybe(!)

I think someone else made reference on another thread but perhaps Barry should post more regarding the new stand, the commercial side of club and any developments on new investment?! On the field, LJ is doing the best he can...it's more off the field I'm more interested in and that's outside LJ's responsibilities.

Edited by Midsblue

I start work at five so unlike the last one cannot attend but Barry can I suggest you try to pick different people.

Just think the more variety different people there is the club will learn more and it's stops certain faces who often hijack it shouting same old stuff and the club learning nothing new.

Can't believe some people are moaning at this, do you not think its great that the fans can come and meet the manager face to face to discuss the club and ways forward etc? Feel grateful, we could end up with an owner like cardiffs one day.

I'd love to come but getting time off in January for me is a ball ache so I'll have to leave it.