3rd FANS FORUM WITH LEE JOHNSON

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The following are down to attend on Thursday: 3pm at the main entrance.

yardogs
Mouse - john kennedy
Sarah w
Dave Taylor
Jonathan Line
Lags
jsslatic
Andy Stott
stevesidg
disjointed plus son.
melia
Jamie White
peter_headen plus Dad
Dave S
if anyone else wants to attend let me know as we have a few places left
Thanks

thanks will be there

Andy

I would like to know IF a supposed link with Man City has been set up.

When are we going to be sent players on the verge of the 1st team instead of players on the verge of being released, Pellegrini was quoted as saying we try to play a brand of football he is familiar with and wants players he believes are close to the 1st team playing this way.

Also in this deal are City paying the wages and if so why ain't we pushing for their better players?

Not being horrible but if Ellis Plummer plays for Man City's 1st team then ill swim the Rochdale Canal start to finish naked.

Thanks

P.S What about John Guidetti?

It wasn't you who sat a few rows behind me in block 127 who moaned at Johnson for not slowing down the game when Brendon Ridgers kicked the ball back to a Liverpool Player was it?

No, not me. I never moan at players/managers/ball boys or coaches. Sometimes have to have a pop at our fans though, unfortunately.

The following are down to attend on Thursday: 3pm at the main entrance.

yardogs

Mouse - john kennedy

Sarah w

Dave Taylor

Jonathan Line

Lags

jsslatic

Andy Stott

stevesidg

disjointed plus son.

melia

Jamie White

peter_headen plus Dad

Dave S

if anyone else wants to attend let me know as we have a few places left

Thanks

Hello Rick

I've sent you a PM about this

All of this is probably obvious, but just incase its not:

a ) I would like much of the questioning to centre around LJ's plans for the squad, individual players and his general tactics and footballing philosophy with the team he is trying to build.

b ) Who in the squad has not lived up to his expectations / met their specified set targets and why

c ) What mistakes does Lee Johnson admit that he has made (tactically or otherwise), what lessons have been learned and where do we go from here

d ) Which players have met or surpassed all expectations

Will there be anyone at the meeting keeping thorough notes?

Can someone ask about the future of Tarky?

I assume we'll get the generic he's still an Oldham player - but you never know!

He's already been quoted in the Chron saying:

“I expect him to stay. He has got another stage of his development to go yet, to be ready for that level (top flight), but who knows?

Can someone ask about the future of Tarky?

I assume we'll get the generic he's still an Oldham player - but you never know!

As for the future here's a snippet from his 2014 horoscope;

The transit of Jupiter bodes well for you this year, particularly for your career progress. The time is good for applying for a new job, as your chances of getting one are bright. If you get a lucrative job offer, just grab it.

Looks like he's on his way to a big club.

When are we going to be sent players on the verge of the 1st team instead of players on the verge of being released, Pellegrini was quoted as saying we try to play a brand of football he is familiar with and wants players he believes are close to the 1st team playing this way.

Also in this deal are City paying the wages and if so why ain't we pushing for their better players?

Not being horrible but if Ellis Plummer plays for Man City's 1st team then ill swim the Rochdale Canal start to finish naked.

Thanks

I don't foresee us getting players on the verge of the first team. There are plenty of Championship clubs to take them. We'll get - if there is a link at all -the level below, as we have been doing. Some might work, others will almost certainly bomb like Plummer. Such is the lot of a League One club.

As for John Guidetti, he scored twenty for Feyenoord a couple of years ago, I can't see him arriving at Boundary Park!

Thanks

They prefer them to play outside the UK.

I thought this was quite a good article re. Mark Randall and the current thinking re. League 1 and PL loans.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jan/07/mark-randall-arsenal-ascoli

Though on the other hand, Randall just doesn't sound good enough.

All of this is probably obvious, but just incase its not:

a ) I would like much of the questioning to centre around LJ's plans for the squad, individual players and his general tactics and footballing philosophy with the team he is trying to build.

b ) Who in the squad has not lived up to his expectations / met their specified set targets and why

c ) What mistakes does Lee Johnson admit that he has made (tactically or otherwise), what lessons have been learned and where do we go from here

d ) Which players have met or surpassed all expectations

Will there be anyone at the meeting keeping thorough notes?

I'd echo Phil's questions here.

I was lucky to attend the 1st one of these, and TBF; LJ did seem nice & open to all our questions that day, so fingers crossed he's the same this time.

I'd like someone, if they can, to ask him to speak in a decent detail on Phil's point "a" - his plans for the current squad and his plans for next season.

If chance, could someone also ask him a few tactical questions - in terms of how he sees Harkin fitting into the side, and what is his preferred striker combo and how they would line up?

I've messaged wardlelatic half an hour ago to say that I can go. I need to set of in 10 minutes or so in order to get there on time.

He has't responded yet. Does anyone think I should just go?

Yes - just go.

Ibby (or whatever his name is) did that on the one I went to; and he hadn't been invited.

Plus - you can ask those questions of yours in person...