Quick Rumour

Ive heard that Rooney, Sid and Cliff were all told that they can 'look for a new club' yesterday. Ive no idea how true or whether I am just being a victim of a wind up ... but it was from someone 'involved' ...... If true... we will have a new striker on our hands.

Rooney has a backdoor chance of a return to Scotland his record up there should see an SPL club come for him, Sid would dazzle in League 2 if he wants to stay in England and Cliff is nailed on to be back at Scunthorpe in one form or another.

Will Hoskins name keeps getting banded about he would be worth a shot, although i know there is a player in Rooney he just hasn't been channeled correctly maybe playing off Harkins could see him find the goal trail.

Ive heard that Rooney, Sid and Cliff were all told that they can 'look for a new club' yesterday. Ive no idea how true or whether I am just being a victim of a wind up ... but it was from someone 'involved' ...... If true... we will have a new striker on our hands.

The Sid and Cliff news is in the Chron. Nothing about Rooney, though.

Chron says:

Further new signings could be forthcoming; one player Johnson would like to acquire is Burnley left-back Joseph Mills, though he admitted the picture is clouded by league regulations that insist on no more than five loan players in any match-day squad.

By my reckoning we have Oxley, Harkins, Worrall and Petrasso on loan.

So, striker or Mills...what's the priority? If Charlie Mac can stay fit then I'd say get Mills in but that is a bloody big 'if'.

Chron says:

So, striker or Mills...what's the priority? If Charlie Mac can stay fit then I'd say get Mills in but that is a bloody big 'if'.

Striker for me, no confidence that the current mob will get enough goals to keep us up.

Chron says:

If necessary (i.e. if Charlie Mac gets injured again) I'm sure Johnson could go without all three of Harkins, Worrall and Petrasso in his match day squad.

If necessary (i.e. if Charlie Mac gets injured again) I'm sure Johnson could go without all three of Harkins, Worrall and Petrasso in his match day squad.

Or play Paul in goal. Not that I prefer him over Oxley, more that could be a better option.

Or play Paul in goal. Not that I prefer him over Oxley, more that could be a better option.

Yeah I'm inclined to agree with you there. It's a solution less likely to cause disruption to the team's shape etc. Though there's always the intangible effect that a settled goalkeeper has on a back four...

So we have Oxley, Lockwood, Harkin, patrasso and worall on loan. Oxley is nailed on every game, I can't see Lockwood getting too many games, I would have thought Harkin would mostly be used at home as our current team is doing ok away without him, and I shouldn't think Worrall and patrasso would feature in the same team too often with Dayton in the picture. I think there is plenty of room for Mills to come back in personally.