Latics 5-4 Posh: post match reaction

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been watching Latics for 40 yrs plus, been today with my son who has known noting but crap .today was fantastic . Harkins mom we just want entertaining . We have the players we just need the attitude. What a difference a win makes to EVERYONES lives!! Why does football make such a difference?!!! Owtb ! Ktf!

:censored: me we have the most negative fans in the country. Get a grip man, we have a young manager with a new team and our only real problem this season has been scoring goals

Hmmm, that's bollocks. We also have a problem conceding :censored: goals and gifting a quality chance a game to the opposition.

As for getting a grip - do me a favour and piss off. If we put out that first half consistently this season we will go down with a whimper.

What a complete and utter muppet

Really? You did watch us put in another insipid shower of :censored:e performance only days after we threw Walsall another 3 points that they barely earned? Or did you not see that drivel? I didn't see Port Vale but I heard it was more of the same.

Really? You did watch us put in another insipid shower of :censored:e performance only days after we threw Walsall another 3 points that they barely earned? Or did you not see that drivel? I didn't see Port Vale but I heard it was more of the same.

Wow.

Just live in the moment man.

far%20out%20hippie%20mens%20costume.jpg

Hmmm, that's bollocks. We also have a problem conceding :censored: goals and gifting a quality chance a game to the opposition.

We won the second division championship doing just that.

But we always seemed to have the ability to either level it or score one more than the opposition no matter how many minutes were left. Today, we had a glimpse of what we are capable of both at managerial level with the tactical substitutions early on and with the ability to create chances and score goals from them (5 from 18). i.e we turned it around in a quite stunning manner.

It was the quintessential turd polish.

One man's bollocks is another man's optimism IMHO.

TBH if we are consistently 3-0 down at half time and win 5-4, I could certainly live with that.

I remember us being 5-1 down at Oxford during the Championship year with little time left thinking we could still get a draw. We lost 5-1, but knowing what we were capable of in a positive way, literally kept my faith and certainly kept me coming back.

I doubt we will ever see the like of that team that won the title, but there are a hell of a lot of similarities in the way the two teams play.

Edited by L1onheartNew

Hahaha, you are obviously still feeling very silly for walking out and missing the best half we have played for a long time. No.....it's not everyone else's fault.... It's your own fault.

Id rather have fans who walk at HT than ones who boo the team off personally.

No, I didnt leave at HT, it's not what I choose to do.

Even after that win latics fans start having a pop at each other. Bizzare.

Football as we know is a game of two halves........

I don't boo but can understand why people do and it does seem to have had a positive effect - they were rightly embarrassed by their performance at half time.

Now LJ, in whom I trust, did the necessary today with two substitutions before half time and clearly just the right team talk at half time. The evidence that this is a manager to trust is growing - well done SC for the longer contract.

That was why we go and stick out through the bad times.

Relegation battle what relegation battle?

Football as we know is a game of two halves........

I don't boo but can understand why people do and it does seem to have had a positive effect - they were rightly embarrassed by their performance at half time.

Now LJ, in whom I trust, did the necessary today with two substitutions before half time and clearly just the right team talk at half time. The evidence that this is a manager to trust is growing - well done SC for the longer contract.

That was why we go and stick out through the bad times.

Relegation battle what relegation battle?

Are you reading Mrs Synic?

Id rather have fans who walk at HT than ones who boo the team off personally.

No, I didnt leave at HT, it's not what I choose to do.

Even after that win latics fans start having a pop at each other. Bizzare.

We do have some right dicks as fans though

WHAT, Yes I watched the first half, and agree that it wasn't good. BUT It's called football, It's how it works, things dont go to plan, and it's a very frustrating game. BUT unlike you I stayed for the second half of the match, and in 55 years of watching Latics saw something that I cant remember witnessing before, MY team, fully backed by those that were left in the ground, take a good team to the cleaners in the most devastating fashion that has been witnessed by Latics fans EVER. Dont go prattling on about what happened in the last 2 games they have gone they are history. Football !!! it's a bloody roller coaster ride full of ups and downs. So because you missed out on one of the great days in Oldham Athletics history you will have to wait until the next roller coaster turns up (Tuesday night) get on board for a white knuckle ride, fasten your seat belt, and try to stay on board until the ride ends.