Take the obvious suspects out of the question...

.... so that's Utd, City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal etc

Which clubs would you most like to see Latics get one over?

I think from a personal point of view one of the things I love about Latics is the way in which we sometimes stick two fingers up to the "little Oldham" tag. I love it when we get one over those clubs who although in most cases are bigger than us, they have this element of their support who have this impression that they're a bigger club than they really are and when "little Oldham" beat them they can't physically take it. So from my own personal experience I'd put Huddersfield, Barnsley, Preston, Blackpool and Sheff Utd in this category especially the latter seeing as I used to live right next to them and had to put up with "why would anyone support a club like Oldham?" on a regular basis

Plymouth.

Growing up in Exeter and watching loads of people defect to Argyle when Exeter were non-league and Plymouth were Championship and pushing for the Prem was pretty bad to see as a football fan and an Exeter resident.

Dickov's 1st season when we beat them twice and Exeter beat them late on in the season to send them down to League Two was pretty sweet.

Other than that and the obvious Man City/Man Utd/Prem big team, I only really like beating the people who are currently linked to the teams i.e. Steve Evans, Graham Westley, Paul Ince etc.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

Bolton (because of the rivalry in the 1970s), Blackburn and Leeds because of the 1980s).

Deadset did not copy

Hate Leeds because of there fans and for the play off defeats and because of there fans and that they are Yorkshire scum ...did i mention there fans?

Blackburn - the odd time we ever beat them for some reason I was never able to go. Oh and I got arrested once at ewood park, bastard car driver drove over my mates dad foot as we were leaving the ground and i stupidly lashed out at the car - copper behind me nabbed me!

Bolton - just a plain old irrational hatred

MK Dongs, because they think they have every right to be where they are, whereas the rest of the football world think that they shouldn't even exist. Or, if they do exist, they should be in the Spartan South Midland League. Forever. Along with Karl Feckin Fat Git Robinson. I really don't like them very much.

I always particularly relish victories against:

Dirty Leeds

Bastard Franchise Scum

Tranmere

Rochdale

Burnley

Blackburn

Blackpool

Wigan

Bolton

Millwall

Not got masses against Rochdale or Tranmere - we're all fighting a similar battle.

Not got masses against Rochdale or Tranmere - we're all fighting a similar battle.

That's exactly how I feel about it. I think most rivalries nowadays are about a different mentality between sets of fans rather than just a geographical thing. And us, Dale, Tranmere, Bury etc have a lot more in common than some of the other clubs mentioned in this thread

Edited by Tommy_Fent

Tranmere are probably the only club we play nowadays that I dislike. Closest thing we've had to a rivalry over the last 5-10 years.

Nah, find them pretty inoffensive - think it's funny that some of their fans genuinely hate us, which I put down to an inferiority complex. Always found you can have an empathetic chat with their fans after matches.

I'd like to chuck Sheffield United in there as a contender for this thread.

Nah, find them pretty inoffensive - think it's funny that some of their fans genuinely hate us, which I put down to an inferiority complex. Always found you can have an empathetic chat with their fans after matches.

I'd like to chuck Sheffield United in there as a contender for this thread.

I remember having a good chat with some of their fans after we played them this year, we really are like two brothers who don't want to admit they're more like each other than they actually are

I remember having a good chat with some of their fans after we played them this year, we really are like two brothers who don't want to admit they're more like each other than they actually are

We are like two brothers. One took the right paths, did his GCSE's, got a steady job, works hard but for little recognition. Dresses well, with a home they bought cheap and is doing up slowly. The other is an in-and-out-of-jail skag-head who rarely washes, rifles mums purse and has as much class and charm as a rotting teddy by a graveside*.

* Sorry, Thick Of It quotage there.