What can we hope for out of this season?

Realistically, what is the best we can hope for out of the rest of this season guys? I personally think if we found some good form, finished mid table-ish and extended a few contracts for key players, then this season would be a great start for lee. What do you lot reckon?

Top 10 is eminently feasible, a good run and we could be in with a sniff of the play-offs, especially as we've got a lot of the teams in with a more realistic shout of the play-offs to play at home.

If you'd have asked me at the beginning of the season, I'd be happy with our current position.

after looking at how we finished last season

position 19th 51 points.

I will be happy with finishing above 19th and having around 55 points.

However if we can improve our overall form I cant see no reason why we cant finish 15th - 12th in league and end up with around 60 points.

what is strange if we win on saturday and other results go our way we could be in 11th by 5pm

after looking at how we finished last season

position 19th 51 points.

I will be happy with finishing above 19th and having around 55 points.

However if we can improve our overall form I cant see no reason why we cant finish 15th - 12th in league and end up with around 60 points.

what is strange if we win on saturday and other results go our way we could be in 11th by 5pm

We could be 10th if we give Bristol a thrashing and MK get similar treatment at Walsall.

That said I'd rather Coventry beat Bristol tonight making 11th the height of our ambitions.

Top 10 is eminently feasible, a good run and we could be in with a sniff of the play-offs, especially as we've got a lot of the teams in with a more realistic shout of the play-offs to play at home.

If you'd have asked me at the beginning of the season, I'd be happy with our current position.

74 points was needed to qualify for the play-off's last season.

We're currently on 33 with 51 left to play for.

So, we can win the league*

*mathematically speaking

*mathematically speaking

Technically it was 71 and a good goal difference as Orient came 7th with 71 points and a GD of +7

*mathematically speaking

As much as I know we're in no position to make the play-offs, I'm as unrealistic as the next man after a couple of wins. If we got get ourselves on to a decent run whereby there was a slim chance (however unlikely) we could get in and around the top 6, I'd be made up.

Just so we could look above us with something to aim for and to take us into next season in good stead. Pissed off with seasons ending on a dampener.

Edited by longtimeblue

As much as I know we're in no position to make the play-offs, I'm as unrealistic as the next man after a couple of wins. If we got get ourselves on to a decent run whereby there was a slim chance (however unlikely) we could get in and around the top 6, I'd be made up.

Just so we could look above us with something to aim for and to take us into next season in good stead. Pissed off with seasons ending on a dampener.

Yeah, i don't think we'll make the play-off's either.

If it is 71/74 points to make it, then are we really going to only drop 13 points for the rest of the season. Can't see it, we'll drop 13 points over the next 10 games, never mind 17.

Top half finish with a good run in to the end of this campaign. Nail down some contracts on those players we want to add too over the summer. Lose those we don't want to keep as not good enough. See something tangible with the stand and attract some outside investment.

If we have any intention of doing well or going anywhere in future then we should be aiming for more than survival

Top ten should be the aim that would be progress not big progress but if we are to progress it's going to have to be in small steps with the club in its current state. If we finish 9th then going for the top 6 next season suddenly looks a lot easier than finishing 19th.

I would be disappointed if we finish in the bottom third.

We have averaged 1.13 points over 29 games giving us 52 for the season. We have lost around 10 of those games by the odd goal. We have also played some decent football. I am expecting us to score a few more goals per game on the assumption that it would be more difficult to score less. I am banking on Stead being a success and staying 3 months and providing the height we sorely miss on long balls, free kicks and corners. A few goals off him would be a bonus.

By nicking a few draws from defeat and a couple of wins out of draws I can see us getting to a comfortable 60pts.

It's really hard not to get a little giddy after a decent away win and the posh comeback ain't it?

I feel LJ has made some great changes. Offloaded the misfiring Rooney and brought in genuine quality in [the God-like] Harkins and Worrall. The worm's turned slightly, even against Wolves we looked a side with that bit more confidence going forward.

I think we'll finish the season on the up, but we'll still be prone to that familiar hiccup at home. We'll probably finish about 10-15 points shy of a play-off place but that'll be good progress after the last 3 or 4 seasons.

I'm :censored:e at making predictions though.

I always thought with the way we finished last season, LJ would change the mindset of the club and players build a steady side on 2 year deals so we could finish comfortably (top half) and retain the core players to maybe make the play offs next year.

My opinion hasn't changed you wont see me getting giddy this season and i think he has done just that (apart from the next year part).

If we are on 40 points by the end of the month (minimum 2 wins, 1 draw, 1 defeat) then I'll be very confident that we've turned the corner and will stay up. Anything less and I'll be concerned about how inconsistent we are and believe we'll spend the rest of the season looking over our shoulders.

All games this month are winnable. Bristol City and MK have not been in good form and while Gillingham might park the bus and unsettle us, if we play our best then we'll win.

If we are on 40 points by the end of the month (minimum 2 wins, 1 draw, 1 defeat) then I'll be very confident that we've turned the corner and will stay up. Anything less and I'll be concerned about how inconsistent we are and believe we'll spend the rest of the season looking over our shoulders.

All games this month are winnable. Bristol City and MK have not been in good form and while Gillingham might park the bus and unsettle us, if we play our best then we'll win.

What if Gillingham play their best as well?