BP seating arrangements and improved atmosphere

Best seating arrangements at BP  

168 members have voted

1. 1. What is the vest seating arrangement to boost atmosphere at BP

• No change. Home and away fans in RRE. Latics have big section.
    • Home fans congregated in the Chaddy. Away fans have the whole RRE.
    • Away fans in the Chaddy. Home fans in the RRE.
    • Latics fans have small section of RRE. Away fans in the big section.
    • Away fans in the mainstand paddock
    • Other

Am I the only one to find the timing of this debate a bit suspicious? It has some of the hallmarks of that leaked cheap ST video that got leaked only for the details to be reneged on anyway. I also think it is interesting that it is the manager who has come out with the suggestion as opposed to the club's official sites and social media or even via the "Man of the people" (Pine Villains ©) or the supposed official supporters liaison. Then again maybe the young lad running the club's twitter account realised that asking such a question just after he unfollowed genuine Latics fans in order to supposedly provide a better, more professional service due to timeline factors, but strangely stayed following his mates and people connected to his course at the former late-night garage, despite only recently following them, as well as other random "celebrities", who no doubt have a more active twitter account than most Latics fans anyway.

Plus if there is enough support to move the away fans to the Chaddy, I wonder how long it will take the club to suddenly realise that there is enough room for alcohol to be served after all.

As to the poll I would like a 'I don't care' option. As despite what this pseudo-rant might lead you to believe, I don't as I'm only ever likely to sit in either stand to take advantage of cheaper tickets for juniors.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should've closed the Chaddy end completely for one game and pretended it was for 'essential maintenance' or due to a water leak or something, rather than create uproar by publicly stating they were thinking of a change.

I can respect tradition, but then again I'm a RRE ST holder who would rather sit in the toilets all game than endure a game sat in the Chaddy end.

Sneaky, I like it!

I've done Chaddy, Lookers, RRE, Main stand paddock, main stand upper. The one place I would rather be is up top on the Lookers, sadly that's gone now so the next best down is probably main stand paddock then RRE. However, the paddock is open to the elements and so if pushed I would keep my season ticket in the RRE.

Change can be good, sometimes.

Agree with every word Dan, especially the bit i've highlighted. Your wedding is still one of the best shin digs i've ever been to ha ha.

I also miss the Lookers Paddock desperately. And the friends I made in there. Was only talking to Nick and Paul the other day, they haven't changed a bit. And I miss MY seat, row A, seat 103.

Like you say though, :censored: happens and we move on.

The Chaddy End is falling to pieces. The facilities are crap. Stick the visitors in it.

'Course you agree. I'm always right! :grin:

I've not been in the RRE since Brighton at home in December 2007(?). Can someone jog my memory of what 'facilities' are actually available in there?

Sauna, jacuzzi, at seat drinks service, personal headphones to listen to LaticsPlayer .

from what I notice, there are two sets of singers at bp. One set are at the top corner of the rre and the others behind the goal in the chaddy.

Merging them would obviously create more volume.

One's in Chaddy are to the left and only a few join in.

Small section of Rocky be better or the top left hand corner away from the kids and away fans for.those wanting to sing

The manager is impressed by the atmosphere created by Latics fans at away games. He even says the players’ performance is improved by it. Previous managers have also been impressed. Shez often referred to the travelling ‘Blue Army’ as “different class”.

Every ground in the country has a noisy section - it’s where the visiting fans are located. They’re the ones who’ve made the effort to travel up to great distance, had a few pints and become determined to have a good day out, regardless of their team’s performance. It’s also a social occasion and it’s them against the world!

Apart from exceptional occasions at BP, particularly in the special David v Goliath games, the home fans willing to sing are few and well spread out on three (now two) sides of the ground. In those special games, even the shape of the roof is unable to deaden the sound, as the atmosphere in BP resembles what it used to be. Last Saturday I noticed that the Cowshed at Prenton Park, with its vertical front panel retaining the sound, was unable to detract from the fans’ performance, which impressed LJ and the players so much.

Joe Royle suggested switching the home fans to the RRE, because that was the noisiest section of the ground – as though home fans would out-sing up to 4,600 visiting fans simply by switching ends. It's not rocket science and I'm surprised managers don't realise what being an away fan is all about.

The suggested trial switch to the RRE, and closure of the Chaddy, has been done several times for Anglo-Italian and JPT games. It didn’t create any better atmosphere.

The atmosphere is created by a willingness to get behind the team vocally, whether or not the players are performing well, which is very difficult to achieve. Foreign clubs have Ultras to orchestrate this but we’re never going to do that at BP. It’s simple, if more people decide to join in, the singing will become more effective.

Personally, I prefer to watch a match from behind the goal, but I don’t want to move to the RRE, simply because the weather is not as adverse in the Chaddy.

Reading this topic and thinking back has made me realise how ridiculous it was that the RRE was used for away fans only for so long in the 90s and early 00s. I actually really like the RRE, it could do with a bit of TLC but it would be one of my favourite stands in the league if it was tidied up a bit. As bad as BP overall, latics really have an asset in the RRE that really isn't used to its full potential.

There's a poll taken every home game by the number of people who go through the turnstiles into the Chaddy v the number who go into the RRE. The club knows the answer and may care to publish it so that this issue can be put to bed AGAIN.

To really gage how effective this is you need to compare it with an away following of some kind of size sat in the chaddy end.

Sheffield United come to BP on the 12th of April due to their season they won't sell out but they will bring a few would we be up for a trial run?

It makes no difference to me I won't be there but what would people's thoughts be?

Edited by GlossopLatic

To really gage how effective this is you need to compare it with an away following of some kind of size sat in the chaddy end.

Sheffield United come to BP on the 12th of April due to their season they won't sell out but they will bring a few would we be up of a trial run?

It makes no difference to me I won't be there but what would people's thoughts be?

It's definitely worth a trial, we'll need to make sure it runs smoothly before it became a permanent change.

Sheffield United would be the perfect opportunity - suspect they could sell the Chaddy End out if their run of form continues.

It's definitely worth a trial, we'll need to make sure it runs smoothly before it became a permanent change.

Sheffield United would be the perfect opportunity - suspect they could sell the Chaddy End out if their run of form continues.

If they keep up their form there's no reason they can't sell out at least the RRE big section.

Maybe the Coventry or Notts County games, they would both bring decent followings (providing County still have something to fight for).

GMP could like Sheff U not being able to drink in the ground too.

Having said that, if Sheff U win their next game, or the replay, we won't be playing them on 12th April.