Trying to find some positives

But struggling tonight.

I am generally an optimist, but looking at the last few weeks efforts, I worry.

I remember LJ coming in, telling us he preferred a skilful, energetic and fast side. Flying wingers. Croft, among others were shown the exit as a consequence.

I look at that team tonight.

Oxley - omg that was poor. Struggles with any shot straight at him. Struggles with crosses. Parries straight out in front of him. This is basic stuff.

Back 4 - very very poor tonight. The new signings? Have they really improved us?

Wes and smith - far too defensive minded. Haven't got a defence splitting pass between them.

Harkins - showed some flair, but one cog in a failing wheel sent going to cut it.

Munchkin - enjoyed his endeavour , but come on, seriously, has he improved us?

McDonald - missed 2 great chances

Turner - to early in his career to judge

There wasn't a way on this earth we were going to win that tonight.

I was hoping for a plan B, but in fairness, I don't really think we had a plan A.

Losing my faith in LJ. His judgement and taste in players seems to be questionable. I want to get behind him, but struggling to find any positivity.

Please...... Surely there must be some reasons to be cheerful?

Errmm... Turner looked ok...

Remember when strikers needed to score goals to look ok?

Or score regularly, and sometimes score two, to look "good".

I'm Not knocking him or you, I agree with you but, what have we become that our hopes are raised by a forward just winning a few headers & leading the line reasonably well?

FFS.

Oh goody positives.

Bottom half of the table. Coventry are three points above us.

Coventry lost

Bristol City won

Crawley drew

Colchester lost

We lost

Carlisle play in form Sheffield United tomorrow

Stevenage drew

Tranmere lost

Crewe drew

Shrewsbury drew

Notts County lost

It is a relegation dogfight. We lost one game, five others lost and four gained a solitary point. Similar results on Saturday with a latics win at Crewe and Johnson is the messiah again.

The key thing about a relegation fight is that every team is as bad as each other. There is a long way to go and the table can change drastically with one win or one loss.

But struggling tonight.

I remember LJ coming in, telling us he preferred a skilful, energetic and fast side. Flying wingers. Croft, among others were shown the exit as a consequence.

Oxley - omg that was poor. Struggles with any shot straight at him. Struggles with crosses. Parries straight out in front of him. This is basic stuff.

Back 4 - very very poor tonight. The new signings? Have they really improved us?

Wes and smith - far too defensive minded. Haven't got a defence splitting pass between them.

Harkins - showed some flair, but one cog in a failing wheel sent going to cut it.

I was hoping for a plan B, but in fairness, I don't really think we had a plan A.

Losing my faith in LJ. His judgement and taste in players seems to be questionable. I want to get behind him, but struggling to find any positivity.

Dunfield stayed on the bench!

But struggling tonight.

thinking of the dire season we nearly dropped with beavers and agogo up front (an all time low in my latics career) but was sat there thinking tonight they'd walk into current side.

Kissock- good on the ball, a willing runner, better in the tackle than any other wide-men, and he's a proper gobby scouser who isn't afraid to get stuck in with the dark-arts of the game too.

Turner showed more promise too and was decent.

Millar's 5 minute cameo was his usual near the end of season and I'm out of contract soon performance.

My Dad thought Grounds had a good game but the floodlights for the building site were affecting his vision.

Speaking of which those floodlights should really annoy the NIMBYs on Carlton Way.

Rotherham won't be going up and that Pringle probably won't be playing for them next season, he was very impressive.

Anything else and I'm struggling.

Positives : We tied our manager down to a new 3 and a half year contract not long ago...

That could mean he's still here when we play local derbies against Hyde, Stockport , FC United and Ashton United, only joking (I hope).

That could mean he's still here when we play local derbies against Hyde, Stockport , FC United and Ashton United, only joking (I hope).

Our biggest chance of Wembley might also be the FA Trophy in a few years.

The wheels of decline and are well and truly in motion, with all managers from Penney unable to stabilise them.