Montano on rape charges

Aren't we in some FA wrangle with west ham not advising us of this impending case

I know innocent until proven etc....but this stuff sticks

What a piece of work and the match rigging too and to think I really liked him as a player.

Damn shame that he put our shirt on

Edited by underdog

Aren't we in some FA wrangle with west ham not advising us of this impending case

I know innocent until proven etc....but this stuff sticks

What a piece of work and the match rigging too and to think I really liked him as a player.

Damn shame that he put our shirt on

I think so, but surely we also have a case against his agent.

• 2 weeks later...

Whilst the spot fixing allegations were of course sickening and brought shame on the club and anger from the fans, I do wonder whether in the long run having him out of the club whilst this was going on may have worked out as a good (or at least better) thing for the team overall.

Having a lad in the dressing room with this hanging over him and the club may have caused more trouble than the discovery and swift removal following the spot fixing stories.

Whilst the spot fixing allegations were of course sickening and brought shame on the club and anger from the fans, I do wonder whether in the long run having him out of the club whilst this was going on may have worked out as a good (or at least better) thing for the team overall.

Having a lad in the dressing room with this hanging over him and the club may have caused more trouble than the discovery and swift removal following the spot fixing stories.

Sheff Utd were doing alright whilst Ched Evans was with them. If I remember rightly, it was only after he got sent down that they slumped...

I think you will find that the point with West Ham is not determined by the outcome of the trial but rather their failure to disclose the charge.

To be honest so did he, which is why I was surprised that when the information came out the club released a statement that his dismissal was not connected to this allegation as well as the other one.