North Stand Construction Thread

It seems that you may have already made your mind up!

The way that you phrase your reply seems to imply that I should tell to you my findings or just be dismissed as negative!

Perhaps you simply havent looked in the correct place!

And surely if you have a point to make you would provide the information to back up your claim?

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PCW Developments in which TTA were all directors in fact.

Haven't seen any mention of PCW's involvement in the new stand, I haven't made my mind up as suggested but tend to work on proof rather than hearsay and given what Mr Corney has given to this club (see Stockport, Tranmere etc for would could have happened) I am more than comfortable in giving him the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise

And surely if you have a point to make you would provide the information to back up your claim?

Shock horror; 'Fan makes outlandish claim on messageboard!'

Haven't seen any mention of PCW's involvement in the new stand, I haven't made my mind up as suggested but tend to work on proof rather than hearsay and given what Mr Corney has given to this club (see Stockport, Tranmere etc for would could have happened) I am more than comfortable in giving him the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise

No one (well not I anyway) has accused Simon Corney of doing anything illegal or even against the interests of OAFC. He has access to the money or to borrowings that enabled the Stand to be started. He will have insisted (as always) that he is in total control. The problems arise when that money is not sufficient.

Whether that is caused by circumstances outside his control or by his inability is a completely seperate discussion!

I have simply pointed out that he has total control!

Shock horror; 'Fan makes outlandish claim on messageboard!'

No one (well not I anyway) has accused Simon Corney of doing anything illegal or even against the interests of OAFC. He has access to the money or to borrowings that enabled the Stand to be started. He will have insisted (as always) that he is in total control. The problems arise when that money is not sufficient.

Whether that is caused by circumstances outside his control or by his inability is a completely seperate discussion!

I have simply pointed out that he has total control!

images.jpg

PCW is a dissolved company but it's directors were TTA and Paul Whitehead and presumably his wife.I understand that Paul also volunteers in the ticket office and his company is the main contractor. That alone indicates a non-traditional closer relationship between club and contractor.

I think it's a good thing myself.

It's a stand built by a building contractor and his family who are latics through and through....whatever the finances are, I'm sure they will squeeze every penny, use every corner to make it worthy for us fans.

They travel with latics away and stand on the terraces too, so they've seen what works/what doesn't and I'm sure it's going to be the best we can afford.

I love the fact it's built by latics fans for latics fans....rather than some contractor who may not have that close affinity and not give a damn, cut corners etc.

If it takes time, it takes time as long as it is right

Just on that, it's Pcw Developments that are the active company with tta and Paul whitehead (and his wife) as shareholders 75/25 in favour of (essentially) tta.

Fairly standard practice in construction to have separate companies for each development.

But as you say Jim, in my view it's a good thing and undoubtedly having Paul leading the development is fantastic.

PCW is a dissolved company but it's directors were TTA and Paul Whitehead and presumably his wife.I understand that Paul also volunteers in the ticket office and his company is the main contractor. That alone indicates a non-traditional closer relationship between club and contractor.

I think it's a good thing myself.

Just on that, it's Pcw Developments that are the active company with tta and Paul whitehead (and his wife) as shareholders 75/25 in favour of (essentially) tta.

Fairly standard practice in construction to have separate companies for each development.

But as you say Jim, in my view it's a good thing and undoubtedly having Paul leading the development is fantastic.

Cheers - was looking on my phone which is not the easiest to read when having to look through numerous pages.

Bristol City are going to finish their new stand before ours aren't they?

Ashton Gate is being redeveloped as a ground for City and Bristol Rugby Club. It will be completed in the summer of 2016 apparently.

Its financing is very different to ours - and City had £35 million pound of debt paid off by their owner.

It's misleading to throw in other situations - in the vast majority of cases it's like comparing apples and pears

Ashton Gate is being redeveloped as a ground for City and Bristol Rugby Club. It will be completed in the summer of 2016 apparently.

Its financing is very different to ours - and City had £35 million pound of debt paid off by their owner.

It's misleading to throw in other situations - in the vast majority of cases it's like comparing apples and pears

There owner was on TV the other week. A billionaire.

Is there a problem?

Clearly.

It's like someone is dissecting a frog on a microscopic level, despite the microscope being in a different building and the operator being in a different city.

There are few people that actually know what is going on and now that construction appears to have stopped (even though works are on-going underneath the stand), speculation is rife that the club went bankrupt three weeks ago and Boundary Park is going to be demolished to make way for new NHS buildings.

Baseless, senseless crap basically :)

Clearly.

It's like someone is dissecting a frog on a microscopic level, despite the microscope being in a different building and the operator being in a different city.

There are few people that actually know what is going on and now that construction appears to have stopped (even though works are on-going underneath the stand), speculation is rife that the club went bankrupt three weeks ago and Boundary Park is going to be demolished to make way for new NHS buildings.

Baseless, senseless crap basically :)

And the bricks are going in soon.

With the tail-end of Hurricane Gonzalo blowing through the North Stand in the first half last night, the Contractor had to move further down the terrace to watch the game, where there was a bit more shelter from the wind, and must have been wishing that the bloody cladding had been installed by now. :deal2:

With the tail-end of Hurricane Gonzalo blowing through the North Stand in the first half last night, the Contractor had to move further down the terrace to watch the game, where there was a bit more shelter from the wind, and must have been wishing that the bloody cladding had been installed by now. :deal2:

Maybe that was the problem, the original contractor's was not Hurricane proof enough...

Archived