North Stand Construction Thread

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sam Smith's to get everybody ready for any aggro after the match!

Sam Smith's to get everybody ready for any aggro after the match!

well lets hope its not that £7 a pint pale ale we found at Leyton Orient.... :omg:

On his own event last night, he said in good humour that he was mightly miffed he hardly got any man of the match awards yet he set up most of the goals, so if he gets his name anywhere in the new stand he will be happy.

He mentioned that at the stitch event a few times too. Probably had a point...

Out of interest, who benefits financially from a hotel, Corney or the club?

And if he ever manages to sell the club, does he keep the hotel or is it sold with the club?

From previous info it seems the club lease the stand from the landlord. Which would suggest any further sublease would benefit the club. The exception would be if the club only lease part of the stand.

However, SC said the point of the stands other activities was to benefit the club i.e. with the salary cap and further income, which suggests the club benefits.

Out of interest, who benefits financially from a hotel, Corney or the club?

And if he ever manages to sell the club, does he keep the hotel or is it sold with the club?

SC told me about the hotel probably 6 months ago (I did mention it on here at the time) as he was talking to all the major hotel chains at the time but unfortunately Hilton turned us down lol.

I would presume the only income we would. Ake from the hotel would be the leasing unless we took on the franchise as well?

He did tell me it was going to be a stand alone next to the RRE but that may well have changed.

Last time we spoke he was investigating Brewers and whilst I got the impression he would like to do his own thing he had been offered a significant contribution towards the build of the bar areas to be tied in.....obviously numbers would need to be crunched on barrel prices but I would be surprised to see a tie up somewhere hopefully on the proviso they can have guest ales.

SC told me about the hotel probably 6 months ago (I did mention it on here at the time) as he was talking to all the major hotel chains at the time but unfortunately Hilton turned us down lol.

I would presume the only income we would. Ake from the hotel would be the leasing unless we took on the franchise as well?

He did tell me it was going to be a stand alone next to the RRE but that may well have changed.

Last time we spoke he was investigating Brewers and whilst I got the impression he would like to do his own thing he had been offered a significant contribution towards the build of the bar areas to be tied in.....obviously numbers would need to be crunched on barrel prices but I would be surprised to see a tie up somewhere hopefully on the proviso they can have guest ales.

Good point re. the hotel being standalone and not part of the stand. Was thinking of the conferencing.

Isn't there a Premier Inn across the road O4U?

Yes but better to sell the whole package yourself (or as partners) rather than giving business to someone else.

Alternatively, if a hotel isn't built, the club could make money out of a arrangment with Premier Inn to sell their rooms as part of a package.

Isn't there a Premier Inn across the road O4U?

It's "across the road" as the owl flies, but from there to the OEC conference venue is a 10 minute walk, either over grass/mud to Furtherwood Road, or via B&Q where the footpath is only accessible by doing a detour to cross the road where gaps are provided in the safety railings. Delegates will want to be able to walk between the hotel and the conference venue without dressing for the worst of ISZ's weather.

Anyone heard any whispers about the subway store. Heard that Corney can't afford it

I'd be very surprised if a partner in a large North American telecommunications firm (amongst other business interests) was struggling to cobble together the funds to open an outlet of a UK fast food franchise in premises he already owns.

Even more surprised if he was trying to.

Although I'd love to see him having Barry trying to upsell someone's 6 inch Italian BMT to a meal deal with a biscuit and a drink :grin:

"Enjoy your sandwiches sir......and, err, madam"

From previous info it seems the club lease the stand from the landlord.

I'm sure that this has been dealt with in the past and it's been found that the club own the stand but will pay ground rent to Brass Bank (Gazal and Blitz)

If a hotel is built on Brass Bank land then they would get the ground rent and as mentioned above Latics will benefit by being able to sell conference packages.

Archived