• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well in that case I am none the wiser what the hell you are going on about :) But its not the first time either.....

Well lets recap for you. Given you're the main Trust critic and wish to see changes, are you going tonight?

Just to clear that up for you, zero stated I couldn't win an argument mentally. Which implies I have difficulties..no/yes? so in reply I call myself mentally inferior....and what's a WUM?

Saying you can't win an argument using your mental ability doesn't suggest you have "difficulties"... It suggests you keep losing the argument and have to resort to telling people to :censored: off, call them jealous and accuse them of being a troll :)

Its usually what someone who is losing the discussion does :)

Well lets recap for you. Given you're the main Trust critic and wish to see changes, are you going tonight?

Am I actually the main trust critic ? There are plenty on here who are critical of the trust... How do you become the main critic ? Do I get some sort of badge ?

You know I am not coming and I gave you my reasoning... Is this where we now have to restart the debate in the hope you don't do quite so badly a second time around ? It would be better for you to just justify your attacks above...

Edited by oafc0000

Am I actually the main trust critic ? There are plenty on here who are critical of the trust... How do you become the main critic ? Do I get some sort of badge ?

You know I am not coming and I gave you my reasoning... Is this where we now have to restart the debate in the hope you don't do quite so badly a second time around ? It would be better for you to just justify your attacks above...

Try looking on your 'detailed post' and what you refer to yourself as.....I quote "as the main moaner" who is losing the debate?

You are troll like with your replies, simple as.

Losing the debate? no brother you have cos you haven't the courage of your convictions to win. Like you said you haven't the time to attend meetings cos you're maxed out for time. Well you will be maxed out having spent all day on here!! busy lad aint ya

Try looking on your 'detailed post' and what you refer to yourself as.....I quote "as the main moaner" who is losing the debate?

You are troll like with your replies, simple as.

Losing the debate? no brother you have cos you haven't the courage of your convictions to win. Like you said you haven't the time to attend meetings cos you're maxed out for time. Well you will be maxed out having spent all day on here!! busy lad aint ya

LOL - Maybe, just maybe, I have a job sat at a computer that gives me the ability to post all day, while still being able to justify my take home pay :)

You haven't made a half reasonable point now in about five pages :) Do you realise that :)

Is being a moaner losing the debate ? What debate are we having now ? You seemed confused, I know I am.... Perhaps maybe you should take a break and come back to the discussion later when you have something of sense to say....

Edited by oafc0000

Saying you can't win an argument using your mental ability doesn't suggest you have "difficulties"... It suggests you keep losing the argument and have to resort to telling people to :censored: off, call them jealous and accuse them of being a troll :)

Its usually what someone who is losing the discussion does :)

It seems you've answered Lags question for me, thanks.

Just tell the troll to :censored: off. It's ok to do that, it seems.

Lags - you should just let this go. You do enough in raising money and helping with playershare - you don't need all this personal abuse - because that is how it is now reading.

For the rest of you involved in this 10 Pages of diatribe - just remember we are all in this together - we all want the same end - it is our club and we all support it to the best of our abilities. There is no point in berating people for not having the same view as you - Lags or whoever is a Latics Fan and that should be enough for anyone on the forum.

Lags - you should just let this go. You do enough in raising money and helping with playershare - you don't need all this personal abuse - because that is how it is now reading.

For the rest of you involved in this 10 Pages of diatribe - just remember we are all in this together - we all want the same end - it is our club and we all support it to the best of our abilities. There is no point in berating people for not having the same view as you - Lags or whoever is a Latics Fan and that should be enough for anyone on the forum.

Thanks for the advice. No one bothers me on here. To be honest I don't know why I've replied so much to folks who just gas and don't do. Anyway, I've resigned from the playershare committee cos these herberts will use it against the scheme in the end.

It's more about who's hand you hold on here above substance of posts in most cases. That's very clear.

Is this a private argument or can anyone come in and get misinterpreted?

I'm in two minds whether to go tonight. For one, I can actually make it, 6:30 is a bit of a pain though, I have been to several trust meetings before so know the drill but I'm not sure whether I can subject myself to another one tonight? I can come up with all sorts of ideas about how I would like the trust to look, feel and operate whilst sitting here when I should be doing other stuff but once I get into the meeting I usually can't be arsed.

For me the trust has a credibility problem, this isn't a pop at any specific individuals or the work they do or do not do and it is this issue that needs addressing first and foremost. Maybe it needs a Paltrowian "Concious uncoupling" from the club which is hard as Barry is pretty well embedded on the board of OAFC, which is fine, I don't know how to run a football club and the people currently on the OAFC board are probably better placed than many to do the job they need to do. But Barry is no longer the "fan on the board", he is now "on the board" and to be fair it is probably the best place for him, but by some kind of Stockholm Syndrome Barry is now more OAFC than a mere fan. (Not that they are mutually exclusive positions.)

This isn't necessarily a bad thing, I'm happy for Barry to be on the board but he should have a diminished role with the trust, even though it is the trust that gives him his legitimacy, how this would work? I don't know, but until this is addressed I think the trust will be undermined. Maybe a new role needs creating in the trust for Barry so that he maintains a link with the fans and allows fan representation elsewhere. Over the last few years I struggle to think of a time when my interests have been served by having Barry on the board, or when I've felt represented by him. I could be wrong though?

But Barry isn't the problem, as I said, the trust's credibility is, it doesn't know what it is. It has just been something to give Barry legitimacy and this is how it has gotten itself into problems. It needs to refocus on a new objective and reason for being. I see it as needing to fill a role that brings fans together for the common good which is the betterment of OAFC, it should be linked to everything that is good about the club, from the fans to the Community Trust to the youths and engaging all of Oldham in the football club. Which is very easy to type sat here but to put into practice? Beats me.

We can re-hash old arguments till the cows come home but that doesn't get us anywhere, what we currently have is a trust that isn't fit for purpose and this is primarily because the trust doesn't know what its purpose is. It needs to sort this out and then the rest should follow from there.

Anyway, I've resigned from the playershare committee cos these herberts will use it against the scheme in the end.

Frankly a bizarre move and comment... I haven't heard one negative word muttered about playershare or your involvement... I have no idea how you are connecting a disagreement in one thread about the trust with "herberts" like me (presuming you was including me) going after your playershare involvement. Its madness.... It was never an issue... It was never going to be an issue... I am totally bemused...

Its one of the strangest outcomes to a debate on here I have ever seen.

Edited by oafc0000

Is this a private argument or can anyone come in and get misinterpreted?

I'm in two minds whether to go tonight. For one, I can actually make it, 6:30 is a bit of a pain though, I have been to several trust meetings before so know the drill but I'm not sure whether I can subject myself to another one tonight? I can come up with all sorts of ideas about how I would like the trust to look, feel and operate whilst sitting here when I should be doing other stuff but once I get into the meeting I usually can't be arsed.

For me the trust has a credibility problem, this isn't a pop at any specific individuals or the work they do or do not do and it is this issue that needs addressing first and foremost. Maybe it needs a Paltrowian "Concious uncoupling" from the club which is hard as Barry is pretty well embedded on the board of OAFC, which is fine, I don't know how to run a football club and the people currently on the OAFC board are probably better placed than many to do the job they need to do. But Barry is no longer the "fan on the board", he is now "on the board" and to be fair it is probably the best place for him, but by some kind of Stockholm Syndrome Barry is now more OAFC than a mere fan. (Not that they are mutually exclusive positions.)

This isn't necessarily a bad thing, I'm happy for Barry to be on the board but he should have a diminished role with the trust, even though it is the trust that gives him his legitimacy, how this would work? I don't know, but until this is addressed I think the trust will be undermined. Maybe a new role needs creating in the trust for Barry so that he maintains a link with the fans and allows fan representation elsewhere. Over the last few years I struggle to think of a time when my interests have been served by having Barry on the board, or when I've felt represented by him. I could be wrong though?

But Barry isn't the problem, as I said, the trust's credibility is, it doesn't know what it is. It has just been something to give Barry legitimacy and this is how it has gotten itself into problems. It needs to refocus on a new objective and reason for being. I see it as needing to fill a role that brings fans together for the common good which is the betterment of OAFC, it should be linked to everything that is good about the club, from the fans to the Community Trust to the youths and engaging all of Oldham in the football club. Which is very easy to type sat here but to put into practice? Beats me.

We can re-hash old arguments till the cows come home but that doesn't get us anywhere, what we currently have is a trust that isn't fit for purpose and this is primarily because the trust doesn't know what its purpose is. It needs to sort this out and then the rest should follow from there.

A lot of very good points, one's I tend to agree, Barry is now an important member of the board, which doesn't go hand in hand with his trust roll. The trust needs new members to challenge it's focus and drive. Those that have been speaking out are the ones who wish to question need to band together and get the backing of the others to drive any changes. Then we can see where they take the trust.

Now whether or not in the short term SC will welcome them into the fold is another matter entirely.

Frankly a bizarre move and comment... I haven't heard one negative word muttered about playershare or your involvement... I have no idea how you are connecting a disagreement in one thread about the trust with "herberts" like me (presuming you was including me) going after your playershare involvement. Its madness.... It was never an issue... It was never going to be an issue... I am totally bemused...

Its one of the strangest outcomes to a debate on here I have ever seen.

Trust me (pardon the pun) it will get used later. Cos that's how OWTB rolls. Further to use your well worn word, Frankly I don't care how bizarre you find it. Now like I said, have a beer round a table with me I'll wager the tone will be more less confrontational.

Alas like the non attendance tonight you'll not have the time.

Trust me (pardon the pun) it will get used later. Cos that's how OWTB rolls. Further to use your well worn word, Frankly I don't care how bizarre you find it. Now like I said, have a beer round a table with me I'll wager the tone will be more less confrontational.

I think you are throwing the baby out with the bathwater because you have been found wanting a few times during this discussion... You should stop being silly and withdraw your resignation. No one has mentioned your playershare involvement and no one was going to. Its universally seems to have been accepted as a major success.

If we shared a pint over a table you would be fooling yourself if you think my opinions would change or be toned down. No doubt they would annoy you to the point you would "sort me out", I guess you think I would cower in your presence and wind my neck in (a well used phrase on here). I suppose that is the suggestion above ultimately. I ain't no hard head. I would wager the vast majority of the board could give me a kick around. But it doesn't make me any less right....

And yeah its one of the reasons why I won't be going tonight and telling everyone that they are doing it all wrong. It would probably result in a kickin. Its all about how big your bollocks are and not how right you are... More the shame. This has been proven throughout discussion on here. Everyone has to "man up"....

I'm a lover not a fighter :D

Edited by oafc0000

So far from the truth....you would definitely act in a different manner. As for views, I don't really remember you making any of you views known, certainly not against the point I joined in this thread. Which is, let me repeat, given that you and Nigel are the two biggest critics of the trust, are you going tonight. Join the trust, air your beef's, gain support of the members and drive through the changes you want.

So far the only thing you come up with is that you're maxed out so can't go. To my mind you've loads of time........so what's you view to that?

So first off you get all irate at the reason why some people can't/wont attend the AGM tonight and then start labelling people trolls and telling them to :censored: off, and that they lack the balls to question the current set up in person.

Now you've thrown your toys out of the pram and "resigning" from the Playershare commitee because of a disagreement on here with people you apparently aren't bothered about. That's hardly "showing" you have balls, is it?

Surely you're able to just accept people's reasonings for their stance on the trust (or any other topic for that matter), whether you agree with it or not, instead of throwing your toys out of the pram with a petulant, throwaway "resignation" notice for next to no reason?

You don't need people on here to tell you how grateful we are for yours (and anybody elses) efforts that assist with keeping the Playershare scheme going, and if you're really not bothered about people on here, don't let it be a reason for turning your back on it, because that is pretty bloody petty if you ask me.