• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The jist of it was communication has been atrocious over the las years. At the end of the day though, we all want what's best for the club. I have offered my assistance with the communication side. I'm hoping i can use what i've learned from my time with playershare, and the contacts i have made to bring the trust upto scratch.

Another key point was the membership is to be free with a voluntary donation with all members having full voting rights and 2 members up for re-election each year done on a round robin basis. All very positive stuff. Underdog's notes will be more detailed but above addressed the main issues for me.

7? Wow.... That is shocking low...

It did surprise me too as the figure quoted as current members was 701.

If things are this bad then then surely the only way is up?....need a bridge literally to cross the chasm between trust and fans.

Think the board has taken this on board and hope, they will find a friendly face that wants the job of making this happen.

Small steps, build some trust in the trust....

They do admit help is needed from those with certain expertise, but any Help would be appreciated when called upon, if it's just with leafleting, or help tidy the club up close season ect.

It all comes down again to communication and how it flows/responses.

I hope, yes hope, the board have taking literally on board what us fans wanted to voice and act. If I can see this happening then I might be wiling to donate some time and help

The jist of it was communication has been atrocious over the las years. At the end of the day though, we all want what's best for the club. I have offered my assistance with the communication side. I'm hoping i can use what i've learned from my time with playershare, and the contacts i have made to bring the trust upto scratch.

Another key point was the membership is to be free with a voluntary donation with all members having full voting rights and 2 members up for re-election each year done on a round robin basis. All very positive stuff. Underdog's notes will be more detailed but above addressed the main issues for me.

Or for anyone who buys a season ticket free trust membership or an application form given out with each one is collected.

Or for anyone who buys a season ticket free trust membership or an application form given out with each one is collected.

Yes Tom your right, s.t automatically become members with voting privileges, none st can request to join the trust those who wish to donate money or even time to the trust...I think that's what mentioned too, can also have voting privileges, and the last category is to join the trust but don't have voting privileges

All have the right to have a say but an agreed channel/ method of how to do it. This considers the exhiles too

I'll type might notes up tomoz as I'm off work, get the chaps to veto them and upload them on here as soon as I can. Hopefully, by the weds evening/ Thursday am

It did surprise me too as the figure quoted as current members was 701.

If things are this bad then then surely the only way is up?....need a bridge literally to cross the chasm between trust and fans.

Think the board has taken this on board and hope, they will find a friendly face that wants the job of making this happen.

Small steps, build some trust in the trust....

They do admit help is needed from those with certain expertise, but any Help would be appreciated when called upon, if it's just with leafleting, or help tidy the club up close season ect.

It all comes down again to communication and how it flows/responses.

I hope, yes hope, the board have taking literally on board what us fans wanted to voice and act. If I can see this happening then I might be wiling to donate some time and help

I find it hard to believe and envisage that the Trust has 701 members...

I hope tonight is the kick up the arse the Trust needs to reform and change.

I find it hard to believe and envisage that the Trust has 701 members...

I hope tonight is the kick up the arse the Trust needs to reform and change.

It's the number that has been quoted in the financial papers of the AGM meeting.

I suppose you have got to ask the question if these are sorry to put it rudely, left over members from the early days of the trust. Some that joined in the clubs hour of need, but maybe have forgotten they are members or maybe are happy of how things are being run and don't feel the need for change or evolution is needed.

Hopefully the new stand, supporters facilities ect is a chance for the trust to relaunch itself, get mingling with fans and for the exiles too a clearer way of raising issues, voices concerns, to vote even.

Anyway am rambling. Night all and let's be safe out there

Yes Tom your right, s.t automatically become members with voting privileges, none st can request to join the trust those who wish to donate money or even time to the trust...I think that's what mentioned too, can also have voting privileges, and the last category is to join the trust but don't have voting privileges

All have the right to have a say but an agreed channel/ method of how to do it. This considers the exhiles too

I'll type might notes up tomoz as I'm off work, get the chaps to veto them and upload them on here as soon as I can. Hopefully, by the weds evening/ Thursday am

Its an idea or provisional membership or just an application form to join out with each season ticket sold quick direct marketing etc

I think the 701 is based on a number thats historic rather than current paying members. The phrase 'no one has resigned' was used, almost to suggest that if you've been a member you are still a member even if you stopped paying. That was my reading if it.

But that's in the past.

The meeting was about acknowledging whats gone wrong and looking ahead to make things better.

There were some very good Signs of progress on Membership and transparency.

I think the 701 is based on a number thats historic rather than current paying members. The phrase 'no one has resigned' was used, almost to suggest that if you've been a member you are still a member even if you stopped paying. That was my reading if it.

But that's in the past.

The meeting was about acknowledging whats gone wrong and looking ahead to make things better.

Hopefully our PM's cleared the air....

Right, honest question. Given that you went along to the AGM. Do you now feel that you are more comfortable to maybe join (in reality not already historically) encourage others to do like wise, debate the changes you believe need to be made to make it a better trust, gain support and drive through the changes?

But that's in the past.

Unfortunately, I couldn't make it last night as our residents association meeting clashed with the time.

First of all you need to know who your members are (lapsed and current), there should be a comprehensive database of names, home addresses, home/mobiile phone numbers, email contacts, donations and other useful information to the Trust.

It's a simple task to create, even on Word for Windows, if you haven't already a database set up - or have a current one that needs updating I can always pop down to your office to assist.

I'm not a Trust member, but will probably apply when I renew my season ticket.

I can also look at your website and suggest adopting the best practices of other similar football supporters Trusts.

I might also be an idea to invite the Secretary of another club's established well run Trust along (pay their expenses) to give give some expert advice.

Edited by BP1960

Unfortunately, I couldn't make it last night as our residents association meeting clashed with the time.

First of all you need to know who your members are (lapsed and current), there should be a comprehensive database of names, home addresses, home/mobiile phone numbers, email contacts, donations and other useful information to the Trust.

It's a simple task to create, even on Word for Windows, if you haven't already a database set up - or have a current one that needs updating I can always pop down to your office to assist.

I'm not a Trust member, but will probably apply when I renew my season ticket.

I can also look at your website and suggest adopting the best practices of other similar football supporters Trusts.

I might also be an idea to invite the Secretary of another club's established well run Trust along (pay their expenses) to give give some expert advice.

All very good suggestions, this is where the trust need helper's. To do all these kind of jobs. It all helps.

I'd have thought 701 was on the low side for people who had ever joined, surely more than that were in during the crisis days? Anyway, my suggestion would be to use whatever details they have to contact former members but to start an accurate new list separately. That way they'll know the actual numbers come the new season when ST holders and new members sign up

All very good suggestions, this is where the trust need helper's. To do all these kind of jobs. It all helps.

I'm not trying to weigh in and drag out the talkers-vs-doers thing here (and I've reached out behind the scenes and offered help) but how do we know that? No one at the Trust has told us what they need? I can't just turn up and offer my services as I live 200+ miles away so I need someone to say "here are the 20 tasks we need to complete in the next quarter" and then assign them out, I'd happily pick up that assignment/management task if I knew the actual list of tasks, that's what I do for a living anyway!

I'm not trying to weigh in and drag out the talkers-vs-doers thing here (and I've reached out behind the scenes and offered help) but how do we know that? No one at the Trust has told us what they need? I can't just turn up and offer my services as I live 200+ miles away so I need someone to say "here are the 20 tasks we need to complete in the next quarter" and then assign them out, I'd happily pick up that assignment/management task if I knew the actual list of tasks, that's what I do for a living anyway!

Good point. Up to those in the trust or want to be in it to say I guess.

It's true those living long distances can't go the the club office on a day to day basis, but things like a good website (and this is one) can be run from afar, from what I've seen the Trusts website is badly in need of updating and that can be done from distance, while others like myself who live locally can call in to assist when required.

It is of course up to the Trust to let people know what help they need and a simple advert could help on that score.

Edited by BP1960