First of all you need to know who your members are (lapsed and current), there should be a comprehensive database of names, home addresses, home/mobiile phone numbers, email contacts, donations and other useful information to the Trust.

Indeed - I joined the Trust yesterday and made a payment via paypal. Unless Paypal gave those details, I don't think they are collecting those details.

Edited by jimsleftfoot

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not trying to weigh in and drag out the talkers-vs-doers thing here (and I've reached out behind the scenes and offered help) but how do we know that? No one at the Trust has told us what they need? I can't just turn up and offer my services as I live 200+ miles away so I need someone to say "here are the 20 tasks we need to complete in the next quarter" and then assign them out, I'd happily pick up that assignment/management task if I knew the actual list of tasks, that's what I do for a living anyway!

Yes, this. If there was a task I could do remotely I might be happy to help, but I don't know what needs doing.

I'd have thought 701 was on the low side for people who had ever joined, surely more than that were in during the crisis days? Anyway, my suggestion would be to use whatever details they have to contact former members but to start an accurate new list separately. That way they'll know the actual numbers come the new season when ST holders and new members sign up

If I remember rightly, I gave a £50 donation to the Trust before it was set up properly (which in todays terms must be about £5,000 plus I was a poor student) then they set up the membership scheme and were asking for another payment, so I never actually joined.

Membership is being put onto a data base and rick needs help with this. Can be done from any pc. There was a list put up a while ago with jobs that need doing and they were mentioned last night. Events manager, media spokesman social organiser amongst others. If you can help, eother formally or informally then get in touch

The Trust website needs to be the primary source for communication with the fans. Everything needs to go on i

We were told someone who is qualified to update the website is lined up to do so - he was unable to get there last night. Once updated, the Trust's facebook site will be the source for communication.

Membership is being put onto a data base and rick needs help with this. Can be done from any pc. There was a list put up a while ago with jobs that need doing and they were mentioned last night. Events manager, media spokesman social organiser amongst others. If you can help, eother formally or informally then get in touch

Where can we find this list?

Also, happy to help with db stuff but would have a few questions to clarify first.

Also, happy to help with db stuff but would have a few questions to clarify first.

wardlelatic, on 26 Feb 2014 - 10:39 PM, said: At the AGM we will be asking for persons to either nominate or propose themselves to the Trust.

After the AGM we will have a new Trust Secretary but we need help in any of the following areas. The person can be local or an exiled supporter.

Media

Editor for newsletter

Membership secretary

Webmaster (to take ownership of the trust site)

Events Co-ordinator.

Writers, (We hope to ensure the new site will have a new story every week in each match programme and a newsletter quarterly

We would also like a fund raising / events person to help raise money for fans facilities around the new stand and ground.

I don't think it would come to throwing punches etc... But I think there would be a lot of beating of chests etc...

Cheers for the President comment... But the power would go to my head and I would spend all the Trusts money on drugs and hookers...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHjronXyeqI

A revolution is here. IM NOT :censored:ING LEAVIN

I'm currently in discussions with Rick about taking this on but am happy to chat with you once I have my own questions clarified?

Indeed - I joined the Trust yesterday and made a payment via paypal. Unless Paypal gave those details, I don't think they are collecting those details.

I reckon that is correct....Some of the none communication I feel as been down to purely poor admin. Not anyone's personal fault in not wanting to reply.

All good suggestions and you are all perfectly correct, there does need to some more specific requests as there are a number of tasks that require do work.

If I could suggest that you just bear with the Trust a couple more days whilst the agm minutes and outcomes are secured.

There are new people on the board after the agm and I believe the intention is to create said task list/requests soon as is possible, with timescales for the new season/season ticket the major factor.

Could a membership form be made available for completion on the Trust website?..I see applications can be made via email or paypal, but this isn't as comprehensive as completing a form of which hard copies can be printed and kept.

Maybe a blank copy could be placed on OWTB so we know what one looks like?

It may seem a silly question, but where is the Trust's local office?

Edited by BP1960

What were the details you were asked to complete Jim, and in your opinion what needs to be added to a form a comprehensive database ?

Personally I'd bin the trust website, whilst it can be used to make a bit of cash it is an expense and an extra click for people and people are lazy. All the info could be shared via free services like twitter and facebook, this would also cast the net wider as more people are likely to click Like or Follow on services they are already using rather than go to another website.

Membership database could be done as a googledoc spreadsheet, doesn't have to be anything fancy plus this has the ability to be shared amongst people who need access to the information.

I'm currently in discussions with Rick about taking this on but am happy to chat with you once I have my own questions clarified?[/quote

Excellent I threw him a pm this morning asking him to contact you.

What we need is a volunteer co-ordinator to log the interested parties, their strengths /what they would like to contribute ect.

Is it worth opening a thread up on here to register your interest in volunteering?

Personally I'd bin the trust website, whilst it can be used to make a bit of cash it is an expense and an extra click for people and people are lazy. All the info could be shared via free services like twitter and facebook, this would also cast the net wider as more people are likely to click Like or Follow on services they are already using rather than go to another website.

Membership database could be done as a googledoc spreadsheet, doesn't have to be anything fancy plus this has the ability to be shared amongst people who need access to the information.

Not to mention that we set-up a Trust forum on this website. Much as Barry hates OWTB, it's a far better vehicle for communication than the Trust's website. Even if the website was properly managed, people are unlikely to be on it daily as they are here, FB and twitter.

I've typed up my note and messages the relevant parties to have a read before I let them loose on here.

Apologies to those who are now reading it as the damn iPad auto corrects and I type too fast so the odd letter is missing like the last sentence should read point not pint.....although they could have opened the bar last night a pint was much needed.

Vital point is refreshments......they must get a tea lady.heheh

Edited by underdog

What were the details you were asked to complete Jim, and in your opinion what needs to be added to a form a comprehensive database ?

I think Zorro has answered my question, if name, address, email is passed on as part of the Paypal transaction, then the Trust should have the details (though that only works if you have used your own Paypal account and not a family members). What is needed is an acknowledgment that the application has been accepted. As it stands, I do not know if I am considered a member yet, though I do have a reciept from Paypal.

Edit - Therefore I think a seperate application is still needed to confirm the details of the member.

Edited by jimsleftfoot