So far from the truth....you would definitely act in a different manner. As for views, I don't really remember you making any of you views known, certainly not against the point I joined in this thread. Which is, let me repeat, given that you and Nigel are the two biggest critics of the trust, are you going tonight. Join the trust, air your beef's, gain support of the members and drive through the changes you want.

So far the only thing you come up with is that you're maxed out so can't go. To my mind you've loads of time........so what's you view to that?

I would hope you wouldn't tell me to ":censored: off" or call me an herbert to my face to be frank. That would be as rude here as it would be in person. I would however repeat everything in this thread. http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php/topic/45027-trust-relaunch/?hl=%2Btrust+%2Brelaunch

I finish work at 5pm... I put my daughter to bed at 7pm... and then have my tea around 7:30pm... That is my view :) It doesn't really involve pissing in the wind at BP tonight :)

Edited by oafc0000

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The real bizarre :censored:e about all this zero, you want change, you believe change is required, which is consistent with my view that I've expressed from the very beginning. Hence the only point that required debating with yourself and Nigel was why after all the bleating on here you weren't going tonight. I think you've lost sight of that along with one or two others. Well I say lost sight, some never wanted to see it in the first place, blinkered by dislike.

The real bizarre :censored:e about all this zero, you want change, you believe change is required, which is consistent with my view that I've expressed from the very beginning. Hence the only point that required debating with yourself and Nigel was why after all the bleating on here you weren't going tonight. I think you've lost sight of that along with one or two others. Well I say lost sight, some never wanted to see it in the first place, blinkered by dislike.

It was explained to you many times... Over and over again... You just wouldn't accept the explanations as valid... Ok I took the mickey with the "I am doing my hair tonight"... But it was a metaphor for not wanting wet shoes... Which was more clearly explained later.

I suppose if I felt I REALLY could change things I would go tonight. I am sure my wife would give me a pass out and my daughter would forgive me for not reading her a bedtime story when I say sorry with buckets of chocolate the next day :) I just think the Trust leadership doesn't want change and its going to take a mini revolution to see change. I haven't the time to organise that. I have got time to put my ideas and concerns into writing and send them to the chairman. For him to reply and call me rude :)

There I repeated it again for you :) No doubt its still not a valid explanation to you.

Edited by oafc0000

So first off you get all irate at the reason why some people can't/wont attend the AGM tonight and then start labelling people trolls and telling them to :censored: off, and that they lack the balls to question the current set up in person.

Now you've thrown your toys out of the pram and "resigning" from the Playershare commitee because of a disagreement on here with people you apparently aren't bothered about. That's hardly "showing" you have balls, is it?

Surely you're able to just accept people's reasonings for their stance on the trust (or any other topic for that matter), whether you agree with it or not, instead of throwing your toys out of the pram with a petulant, throwaway "resignation" notice for next to no reason?

You don't need people on here to tell you how grateful we are for yours (and anybody elses) efforts that assist with keeping the Playershare scheme going, and if you're really not bothered about people on here, don't let it be a reason for turning your back on it, because that is pretty bloody petty if you ask me.

Now you really are on a loser. Never once have anyone on Playershare committee asked for praise. Utter bollox.

I know full well at some point in the future this will indeed get thrown against the playershare scheme, now it won't. The only reason, you either accept that or you don't.

I've already hours ago, long before you entered posted to say I let myself down with the ":censored: off" post, how many times do you want me to grovel?

Nothing to do with manning up, I've manned up in the way it was meant be taken, in joining playershare, getting involved in the committee and doing the talk......yet everyone who want's it to sound a threat takes it out of context. Do you get that?

It's a shame this thread has turned into a slanging match between people who I feel having read their points are broadly in agreement with each other apart from their views on the best way to achieve their goals.

For what it's worth, I do feel that the Trust can be improved and turned into an organisation that better represents the views of its members but I think it is important to remember that this is its job. The Trust should represent the views of its members, not necessarily the views of its non-members. The sad thing is that when it was set up, it had widespread support meaning that it's members consisted of a large proportion of the Oldham Athletic fanbase. Although I do not have details of membership numbers (but hopefully will have by 8.30 this evening) I suspect that this is no longer the case. For the Trust to be successful, we need to get back to a position where the fans' views are represented by the Trust.

Again, I urge anyone who can meke it tonight to do so. It may, or may not be the case that the Board of Trust Oldham wish to see change but if the broader membership does, it can be achieved. If people with the drive and determination to make things better are prepared to get involved, I can see a much brighter future for the Trust and in turn a much stronger club if the current owner decides that his future lies elsewhere.

If nothing changes and the club finds itself in turmoil this summer we could be left to rue an opportunity for change.

I know that there are people prepared to get involved but they need the support of others to be able to achieve what they want to achieve.

It's a shame this thread has turned into a slanging match between people who I feel having read their points are broadly in agreement with each other apart from their views on the best way to achieve their goals.

For what it's worth, I do feel that the Trust can be improved and turned into an organisation that better represents the views of its members but I think it is important to remember that this is its job. The Trust should represent the views of its members, not necessarily the views of its non-members. The sad thing is that when it was set up, it had widespread support meaning that it's members consisted of a large proportion of the Oldham Athletic fanbase. Although I do not have details of membership numbers (but hopefully will have by 8.30 this evening) I suspect that this is no longer the case. For the Trust to be successful, we need to get back to a position where the fans' views are represented by the Trust.

Again, I urge anyone who can meke it tonight to do so. It may, or may not be the case that the Board of Trust Oldham wish to see change but if the broader membership does, it can be achieved. If people with the drive and determination to make things better are prepared to get involved, I can see a much brighter future for the Trust and in turn a much stronger club if the current owner decides that his future lies elsewhere.

If nothing changes and the club finds itself in turmoil this summer we could be left to rue an opportunity for change.

I know that there are people prepared to get involved but they need the support of others to be able to achieve what they want to achieve.

Absolutely spot on, it needs those who've banged on about it to turn their rhetoric into action, I also believe a lot of the none coming forward with answers is down the the trust members/board really not knowing the answers due to no one or not enough people running the admin side. ie how many members there actually are. So rather than give the detractors more ammo saying we simply don't know how many members we have, just keep stum. I don't know if that's fact, its just my gut feeling. In defence to the trust on that point they have at least been asking for anyone to help these past few months.

Come on lets examine my opinion and ideas for change... and point out exactly where its just a personal beef with Barry....

This is the first posts from quite a detailed thread on the subject where I dared to spout my piece. The floor is yours....

http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php/topic/45027-trust-relaunch/?hl=%2Btrust+%2Brelaunch

This is a really good post BUT it seems to me that you have all the ideas but want somebody else to go and do it. Well who? Me? Why should I? Why should I put the time and effort into doing something that you can't be arsed doing?

Truth is I don't have what it takes. I'm far from unintelligent but I don't have the gumption for taking on the trust and remoulding it into what you think it should be. The only person that can do that is you. And if you did I'd be right behind you.

And yeah its one of the reasons why I won't be going tonight and telling everyone that they are doing it all wrong. It would probably result in a kickin. Its all about how big your bollocks are and not how right you are... More the shame. This has been proven throughout discussion on here. Everyone has to "man up"....

I'm a lover not a fighter :D

And while we're at it I call bollocks on this one too. Nobody would resort to fighting or throwing punches at a trust agm. Jesus it's not Ukrainian parliament for heavens sake! If it makes you feel better I will personally come along and sit next to you at the meeting and make sure nobody throws a punch at you. Except Rummy. I get the impression he might be a bit of a handy lad so let's not upset Rummy or the deal is off ok?

Joking aside, I think Lags is right in saying if you want to change things then join up, come along, and make yourself heard. You may be surprised, people may actually listen to you. It could be one of those tub thumping revolutionary moments that you see on the TV. Like minded converts carrying you round on their shoulders chanting your name!

Imagine if Martin Luther King wrote a letter to a few mates saying "I have a dream. I was thinking of organising a rally and telling everyone about it and starting a revolutionary movement that would change history but I'm watching TV with the kids that night so someone else do it. Good luck, MLK." Don't think it would have gone far.

Zeroes for President!

Edit..... See, I can't even work the bloody multi quote system. I'd be useless come the revolution.....

Edited by BlueJazzer

Has anyone actually come up with a sensible solution or proposed a change if the trust is not working well as it is?

Name calling and shouting at people over the Internet is not going to solve or add to anything. Think this thread has made things worse.

Maybe the trust should propose a panel of 6-10 fans to come together with the trust board (I think there is a board) to discuss how things can be improved and how the trust should change. This panel should be those aggrieved with the trust and also those who are happy with it, maybe also a club representative who isn't on the trust?

The panel should also look at how the trust can increase membership, better engagement with the trust, non-trust members and the club (including getting more fans - old and young). Also they can investigate and even involve other club trusts to find out why they are working and use that best practice to get our trust better.

Or if the panel feels the trust needs a complete overhaul then perhaps that is best.

Just my two cents...

This is a really good post BUT it seems to me that you have all the ideas but want somebody else to go and do it. Well who? Me? Why should I? Why should I put the time and effort into doing something that you can't be arsed doing?

Truth is I don't have what it takes. I'm far from unintelligent but I don't have the gumption for taking on the trust and remoulding it into what you think it should be. The only person that can do that is you. And if you did I'd be right behind you.

Hmmm. I don't really agree with this. Successful businesses, for example, are made up of teams of people. Within those teams are people who fulfill certain roles. It's rare for one person to have the ability to formulate AND implement ideas; it's even rarer for one person to be able to do those things and manage other resources. This goes some way to explaining some of the inherent faults in the make-up of the Trust. So, yes, it would be great if the Trust had people willing to step forward with the required stones; equally it's easy to see why no one is doing that with the relative dearth of defined aims/goals/tasks.

Hmmm. I don't really agree with this. Successful businesses, for example, are made up of teams of people. Within those teams are people who fulfill certain roles. It's rare for one person to have the ability to formulate AND implement ideas; it's even rarer for one person to be able to do those things and manage other resources. This goes some way to explaining some of the inherent faults in the make-up of the Trust. So, yes, it would be great if the Trust had people willing to step forward with the required stones; equally it's easy to see why no one is doing that with the relative dearth of defined aims/goals/tasks.

HOUSE!!! What do I win?

I think what you're trying to say here, and correct me if I'm wrong, is that we need a Trust that punches the ticket on every part of the value chain whilst adopting and adhering to some blue sky thinking on both a linear and lateral scale, holistically? Whilst always pushing the envelope up the flagpole to see who salutes.

:grin: