Another superb win!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We were rubbish. They were the worst team I have ever seen in the final third. Even with our defence I never thought they world score if we played till midnight.

Great win!!!

Off topic. Being a southern based fan that's only the second time I've seen Harkins and twice he has been by far the worst and one of the slowest footballers I have ever seen on a football pitch. Either I'm really unlucky and see his crap games or everyone else is high when they see him play

Someone say summin' 'bout gettin' high? :smoking:

#dontforgettobringatowel

Edited by LeylandLatic

Lee johnson ‏@LDJhepingping 4h

Super win today! The lads defended like Trojans and put their bodies on the line for the 3 points. Not vintage ,but vital. Happy Easter.

1f4aa.png

Lee johnson ‏@LDJhepingping 4h

Oh and our support , battered theirs nearly 500 , never stopped singing! But leave the "tactical" songs alone next week x

1f604.png1f44a.png

There's no way on this earth we had a shot on goal. Brown's smash across goal was bound for a throw in before the deflection.

And that said it was a great point. The kind that keeps you up or potentially sends you down.

Without doubt one of the best games I've seen us play for all time. So they mark Gazza out of the game. So they try to surpress natural football talent. Where does that get you? It gets you a 1-0 reverse and nothing but. I wouldn't question the judgment of the so-called purists, but I might quibble about their tastes.

0-1 = at least enough = Boticelli.

Without doubt one of the best games I've seen us play for all time. So they mark Gazza out of the game. So they try to surpress natural football talent. Where does that get you? It gets you a 1-0 reverse and nothing but. I wouldn't question the judgment of the so-called purists, but I might quibble about their tastes.

0-1 = at least enough = Boticelli.

comletly agree.

and the first time jeesbies runs free at them he was hacked down.

never thought they were going to score . massive three points and it makes for a good monday

I don't remember us having one shot on target - can't really recall many of their supposed twenty plus shots either!

They did get quite on top second half to be fair. They had all the lethality of a sponge mind, which helped us greatly. They had a :censored: load of corners I remember that much.

We did, to our credit, do some decent counter attacking to that. Nothing clever and certainly not troubling their keeper, but JCH worked his balls off in the last 15 to slow the game down for them, including an hilarious moment of "I should play hurt" only to realise the ref was three feet away and so just get up looking sheepish. I thought he was excellent all game actually.

I thought we were great yesterday, maybe not a game for the purist but they battled for 90 minutes and defended from front to back.

JCH did a superb job holding the ball up and keeping their defenders on their toes. Wes was snapping at their heels all day long and Philly did an unsung job chasing back and trying to link midfield and JCH.

At the back Wilson and Lockwood are becoming the best partnership at CH we've had for years and they're helping Connor B to continue his improvement. Grounds was also excellent against the pretty strong centre forwards.

Harkins had a quiet game, especially second half but we didn't need him to be outstanding which is surely a good thing.

This team is starting to become the sum of its parts.

I believe in LJ and let's give him time and stay right behind the team and him........once again, 400 Latics fans made a long journey to do just that.......brilliant support and reflected on the pitch with great team spirit and effort.

COYB

Latics are the only League One club to be unbeaten in the last five away games,

Is it just coincidence that the improved form has come since Tommy Wright came back?

Think thats just coincidence we have played some piss poor out of form teams away recently that might have more to do with it.

The away game at Preston was entertaining, with both teams - but more so us - playing great football. Friday was hilariously :censored:. I know which one I was happier leaving.

(I'll think twice about commenting on how nice Lee Johnson looked in his good suit after the punch it earned me, though)