Rumours and Transfers 2014

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree the luck will run out one season hopefully the club hasnt run out of fans by then, all this building for the future crap is getting tedious now, theyve had enough in on transfers isnt it about time the club took one minute to think about what the fans want, a modicum of hope would of sufficed it appears TTA are hell bent on assett stripping and everyone seems okay with it,its baffling.

I'm reading Royles autobiography at the moment, he did the same even in the PL. The only difference is that we didn't have the Bosman rule which lessens our hand somewhat now.

Whereas I understand the need for selling people on to "balance the books" but when the money isn't invested in the playing side it does become frustrating.

I think a lot of us need to realise fast that unfortunately we are possibly still sliding down that slippery slope and by selling a player or 2 offers us some friction

I agree.

Balancing the books means not making a loss. Investment can only be made when there is a surplus of income over expenditure.

Edited by jimsleftfoot

I get many peoples point on balancing the books and their concern. I get we have to sell players to survive but my only problem is why can't a percentage of that money be re invested. We see time and time again that the money does not go to the playing side.

How do you know it doesn't? We paid fees for the likes of Montie and JCH?

Policy has changed due to change in Johnson's thinking and the likely hood of JCH leaving. The deals are done and they are oldham players but waiting on staff to come back off holidays before they are confirmed. Will be likely to be Monday Tuesday

If the deals are done and signed which staff are they waiting for? The only work left to be done would be to announce them and if we can announce Browns contract extension surely we could manage to announce these other players that have already signed.

Is Worrall on a free or would we have to pay a fee. I think it wouldn't be a bad signing providing he has a full pre season, because he was out for the first part of the season.

You can look at it the other way and say he played 18 times for us and should have got better as he got his match fitness back. He didn't.

There would be a fee but I'd imagine it would be nominal as rotherham want rid.

You can pre-load stories in to the website to launch at a set time... may be that the Brown story was written up yesterday.

And the picture may have been taken Friday, explaining (in part) his hideous apparel.