sell out saturday ?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure, that'd require an additional 2,000 Oldhamers to get off their arse and support their local team compared to what we already get. I'd expect around 4,000 home fans and just over 3,000 away fans

Edited by Tommy_Fent

Won't come close to selling out but I think there will be a good crowd.

Usually don't bother with the last home game dead rubber but will be going given it should be a good one with our good form and what's at stake for them.

We could end the season with a bumper crowd, frame of a stand and a top half finish. That'll do me...

If we are outnumbered by county fans that would be shameful.

Not as shameful as it would be for Notts if they get relegated to Division Four...after their fans paid us for the privilege to watch it all happen!

To get an extra, unexpected 2000+ paying spectators through the gates just before the end of the season can only be good for the club. If they could sell more, we should give them whatever they need especially if the public in and around Oldham don't fancy turning up in their place.

Edited by Twisbrogan

When we give 45% of the ground away we run the risk of being outnumbered. That said I can't see it happening

What else can we do though? Turn them away so they don't outnumber us? If we were selling out the home end then yeah of course, but we can't turn away money.

What else can we do though? Turn them away so they don't outnumber us? If we were selling out the home end then yeah of course, but we can't turn away money.

Where do you stop though?

Say we had Wolves on Saturday needing a win to go up, they could probably shift 10 thousand tickets, should we just give them the Chaddy as well and say fill your boots?

After the run we have been on if only 4k can make the effort when there isnt another game for months then Corney is probably right we are a league 2 club in the support we can attract.

What if fans like myself who have been to many games already this season, see this as a nothing game, where we field a reserve team and cba paying £20 to see Notts County fans wank themselves into a coma? Add to that the good form has been on the back of some boring effective football, which I dont mind if we need the points, but Im not payuing to watch it when their is nothing to play for.

Id rather spend the £20 on the Oldham Chron over the summer to see which players they make up are signing. Dean Smalley to Blackpool.....

Say we had Wolves on Saturday needing a win to go up, they could probably shift 10 thousand tickets, should we just give them the Chaddy as well and say fill your boots?

Or, you know, just stop when the one stand is full and not worry about exceptional and unrealistic extremes?

Or, you know, just stop when the one stand is full and not worry about exceptional and unrealistic extremes?

Obviously a extreme example but it shouldn't be too much to ask that the club start thinking about its own supporters first and what they want rather than trying to save/pinch a few quid at every opportunity.

Correct me if I'm wrong but, this appears to be you moaning about an extreme scenario of what the club might do (but never actually would) in a hypothetical situation that saw a fellow League One club bring a 10,000 away following.

Have I got that right?

Edited by HarryBosch

I reckon Corney would have rang their chairman and said "look, we've no room left in the three existing stands but, if any of your fans have construction experience and want to come up on the Friday and finish off the new one, that's fine by us"

Obviously a extreme example but it shouldn't be too much to ask that the club start thinking about its own supporters first and what they want rather than trying to save/pinch a few quid at every opportunity.

There's a difference between pinching a few quid and the possibility of shifting another 1000 tickets.

What's your answer to it then? If you don't think fans should be moved then either the small or the large section of the RRE would never be open to away fans. So in this case, for the sake of moving what a few hundred season ticket holders (who knew and accepted it would happen), you'd turn away 1000 paying customers?