sell out saturday ?

Obviously a extreme example but it shouldn't be too much to ask that the club start thinking about its own supporters first and what they want rather than trying to save/pinch a few quid at every opportunity.

If they could see 1000 tickets to Latics fans I am sure they would but they can't. We are not in the position to turn down what could be anything from about £10,000 to £15,000 for the sake of pride or stubbornness, that's just a fact of life in lower league football these days.

To assume that immediately means we'd give up another stand to away fans is a complete misnomer and has no merit in a serious conversation.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously a extreme example but it shouldn't be too much to ask that the club start thinking about its own supporters first and what they want rather than trying to save/pinch a few quid at every opportunity.

Do you honestly think that a single Latics fan is going to miss out on the game or in any way be disadvantaged by this?

Correct me if I'm wrong but, this appears to be you moaning about an extreme scenario of what the club might do (but never actually would) in a hypothetical situation that saw a fellow League One club bring a 10,000 away following.

Have I got that right?

Not so much moaning, merely throwing it out there.

Don't think that it wouldn't ever happen though.

If they could see 1000 tickets to Latics fans I am sure they would but they can't. We are not in the position to turn down what could be anything from about £10,000 to £15,000 for the sake of pride or stubbornness, that's just a fact of life in lower league football these days.

To assume that immediately means we'd give up another stand to away fans is a complete misnomer and has no merit in a serious conversation.

They could sell more by making more affordable/attractive, saving 20 quid is neither here or there really when you don't know how many times you'll be moved.

Obviously there will be some who aren't arsed about being shifted but would say there'll be more who are.

They could sell more by making more affordable/attractive, saving 20 quid is neither here or there really when you don't know how many times you'll be moved.

Obviously there will be some who aren't arsed about being shifted but would say there'll be more who are.

I see the benefit in it, my ST is cheaper and even though it is my favourite stand, I quite enjoy the change of stand and different neighbours.

Now that is a nice beer .... have we got off topic here or is beer always an allowable diversion from the conversation?

If Beer isn't an allowable diversion, I'd love to know what does make the grade.*

*with the exception of Alcoholics' meetings.

Which means, hopefully, that we won't be outnumbered, and with it being the last game of the season we could be looking at a 7500 gate.

Would that equate to our best league gate of the season?

Which means, hopefully, that we won't be officially outnumbered, and with it being the last game of the season we could be looking at a 7500 gate.

Would that equate to our best league gate of the season?

I can see a few Notts fans going in the other 2 stands, won't be many, but could be a few, especially in the Chaddy.