Top scorer and goals for next season

Only 50 league goals in total, this is around normal in recent years but JCH top scorer with 6 - this must be a new low!

I can't remember a lower top scorer, or even one in single figures since the late 90s (Allott?). I like JCH as a player, he's only 19 & played a big part in the unbeaten run with the work he put in up front on his own - but not sure he'll ever be prolific. It's obvious we need a goalscorer even more badly than usual next season, with wingers/midfield ideally chipping in with a few more. Would have liked to see Turner in the last few games, but seems he's one for the longer term.

So who should we go for - & will Scott Vernon be on the list (not played much since Rooney started banging them in!)?!

I have to give you credit that is certainly a new way of asking the biannual Scott Vernon question. I think JCH might grab a few more in the league, as will Philliskirk, who let's not forget has 13 for the season, but that will depend on the formation we play.

Thought I'd sneak the Vernon question in early - but I'm not suggesting him!

Would prefer to see Philly up front as well but would be nice to have a proven scorer if we can find/afford one - when I ask 'who should we go for' it's more 'where can we get a goalscorer on the cheap', hope LJ has some options in mind...

Ill be the first to say it and i know o4u rates him highly.

Ryan lowe

Also, whats happened with lee miller at carlisle. Heard summat about him falli g out with kavanagh but dont know details. Rated him last season

Were clearly covered for young 'one for the future' strikers, it's a shame Charlie Mac couldn't keep injury-free/in form and push them on more.

Wonder if we bring in another striker Turner will go out on loan to get some more games.

Were clearly covered for young 'one for the future' strikers, it's a shame Charlie Mac couldn't keep injury-free/in form and push them on more.

Wonder if we bring in another striker Turner will go out on loan to get some more games.

IMO Turners as good as we have why send him out on loan ?

Haven't seen him play, but wouldn't he have had more of games in the first team if he was our best striker?

Ive seen him for the reserves and also his cameos in the first team, ive been told he has a couple of little niggles but i have no doubt he is the striker we are looking for he isnt the finished article he seems quite reserved and needs to fill out a little but his pace and eye for goal are there to see, he has two good feet and a trick or two, id like to see him paired up with jch give them a season or two and they could really make a mark, it just depends whether we are gonna stick with the one up front.

I'd be happy if we brought in one experienced striker and rotate between him, Philly and JCH as partnerships. Turner and Bove could get opportunities if needed too.

If we could get an out-and-out goal scorer (Ryan Lowe would fit the bill well) then it's hard to say no. If we can't then I'd like us to get a target man in who's strong, holds up the ball well and plays centrally on the last man. Even if they aren't that prolific themselves, if they can help bring Philly and JCH into play then that will be of big benefit to us.

This might get shot down by a lot of people but I think we could do worse than giving Stead a pre-season and see how he is firing. If not I'm sure that there are similar players out there. If Lee Miller or Billy Paynter are the similar to a couple of years back then they could fit the bill. If we were going for someone younger then Eaves would be ideal.

Lee Griffiths for me from all the names mentioned.

Ageing strikers like Lowe will do alright and practically guarantee 10 to 15 goals but it's highly unlikely they'd have one of their better seasons with us at this stage of their careers.

Someone like Griffiths has the potential to really set the world alight and make us a few quid in the process.

A Lowe AND a Griffiths would be ideal.