OWTB World Cup Prediction Competition

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The most worrying thing is that Muller/Mueller is only 24. And he's on course for consecutive Golden Boots. This could be the third WC running that a German player has won it. Pass the lederhosen!

I just hope we don't play them at any point in the near future. It'll be absolute carnage. Plus they'll really, really want to do us because...they're Germans.

I just hope we don't play them at any point in the near future. It'll be absolute carnage. Plus they'll really, really want to do us because...they're Germans.

The Germans hate the Dutch more than us, the Dutch's hatred of the Germans needs no explanation. To be honest either final has history behind it, and some hatred too- although Netherlands more than Argentina.

On the plus side their first Euro qualifier is against the sweaties. That should be fun.

Here is table going into the final stage of the competition:

table-18.png

It remains extremely tight at the top, so I'm going to introduce a couple of things to separate players, in the event that they finish up level. If level on points, the player with the most full correct (five-point) result predictions throughout the competition shall finish higher; if still level, the player with the most correct teams to make the knockout phase shall finish higher. If they still can't be separated, they'll share any prize(s) evenly.

Three players have both correct finalists - lookerstandandy, Disjointed and Stevie_J.

A further eleven players have one correct finalist and remain in with a shout of picking up points for predicting the correct winner.

Congrats on some fine form Disjointed. I've gone 2-1 to Argentina.

I can claim no credit, my teenage son picked it all for me, as the spreadsheet was daunting when I looked at it. Well done to you and Stevie also. I have the krauts 2-0

I can claim no credit, my teenage son picked it all for me, as the spreadsheet was daunting when I looked at it. Well done to you and Stevie also. I have the krauts 2-0

I've got 2-1 to the Argies too but I'm too far down the table for it to make any difference, unless Fred bangs in six goals in the third/fourth place playoff on Saturday. If the Argies win, I'll win £100 in the prediction competition at work though - not the same quality of opposition there, see.

And the winner is...

table-19.png

The top three all correctly predicted Germany would win. Not surprisingly, no one had 100-1 shot, James Rodriguez down to win the Golden Boot, so no bonus points picked up by anyone there.

1st - JoshOWTB - £26.25

2nd - Disjointed -£15.75

3rd - Bristolatic - £10.50

Please let me know if you want to put money aside for the upcoming Prediction League entry (Josh, you're already paid up from last season's Cup winnings!) or any donations, otherwise I'll try and pay out the prize winnings this evening.

I hope everyone has enjoyed it. Thanks a lot for taking part.

And the winner is...

table-19.png

The top three all correctly predicted Germany would win. Not surprisingly, no one had 100-1 shot, James Rodriguez down to win the Golden Boot, so no bonus points picked up by anyone there.

1st - JoshOWTB - £26.25

2nd - Disjointed -£15.75

3rd - Bristolatic - £10.50

Please let me know if you want to put money aside for the upcoming Prediction League entry (Josh, you're already paid up from last season's Cup winnings!) or any donations, otherwise I'll try and pay out the prize winnings this evening.

I hope everyone has enjoyed it. Thanks a lot for taking part.

Top work running this Stevie. Nice one.

Yeah cheers Stevie. Really enjoyed that. Congrats to those that backed Germany.

Would be interested in joining the subscription league for the forthcoming season.....?

It's open to everyone with a tenner to throw in! Full details to follow.

Great work Stevie, The team is slightly disappointed to finish 2nd, after employing a young untried manager for team selection. After just providing the financial backing I feel my runner up money will be donated to the OWTB fund if this is possible, without things like this playershare would be worse off.

Well done to Josh on winning and also Bristol for 3rd place.