Season tickets

I think that is pretty unrealistic. Not sure when the last time we sold 4,000 season tickets was, but I'm guessing it was a long time ago. I think even with a promotion and a very generous pricing structure, 4000 would be around our maximum, I'm afraid.

I disagree, if Hartlepool can sell 6,000 season tickets at a reduced price, Bradford can sell over 12,000, Port Vale sell around 5,000 and Barnsley sell 9,000 (after being relegated) then I beleive we can sell a lot more than 4,000 season tickets if the prices were reduced (although I bet half of them wouldn't turn up). I think our cup games in recent years shows that the potential fanbase is there, we just need something major to happen (i.e. a promotion or a takeover) in order to bring them back.

I just wish we had something half way like Bradford with the Flexicard and Port Vale with the 10 game scheme. Apparantly it wouldn't work though

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bradfords crowds now are down to I think to £100 adult £10 child season tickets a few years ago, unfortunately there is nobody within the club with the know how or drive to take the club forward even if for one season it was pay what you can or 100/10 for season tickets, last season there wasnt any sort of incentive for a floating fan and to me the club is happy to budget for life with its hardcore couple of thousand, part of the reason its give up is 'fans' moaning as they buy a season ticket and dont want anyone else to benefit, certain games could be targeted and something offered but my feeling is although the club make a big thing about budgets/crowds they dont do anything about it.

bradfords crowds now are down to I think to £100 adult £10 child season tickets a few years ago, unfortunately there is nobody within the club with the know how or drive to take the club forward even if for one season it was pay what you can or 100/10 for season tickets, last season there wasnt any sort of incentive for a floating fan and to me the club is happy to budget for life with its hardcore couple of thousand, part of the reason its give up is 'fans' moaning as they buy a season ticket and dont want anyone else to benefit, certain games could be targeted and something offered but my feeling is although the club make a big thing about budgets/crowds they dont do anything about it.

If we ever did £100 season tickets imagine the uproar when we had to put them back to normal price?

I think that is pretty unrealistic. Not sure when the last time we sold 4,000 season tickets was, but I'm guessing it was a long time ago. I think even with a promotion and a very generous pricing structure, 4000 would be around our maximum, I'm afraid.

Bear in mind our League One home attendances would be 5,000+, possibly 8,000, depending on the brand of football, during the preceding promotion season.

We'd then have a summer of signing a standard of player we've not seen for many a year.

We'd sell 4,000 season tickets easily in the Championship, probably more.

Edited by HarryBosch

I disagree, if Hartlepool can sell 6,000 season tickets at a reduced price, Bradford can sell over 12,000, Port Vale sell around 5,000 and Barnsley sell 9,000 (after being relegated) then I beleive we can sell a lot more than 4,000 season tickets if the prices were reduced (although I bet half of them wouldn't turn up). I think our cup games in recent years shows that the potential fanbase is there, we just need something major to happen (i.e. a promotion or a takeover) in order to bring them back.

I just wish we had something half way like Bradford with the Flexicard and Port Vale with the 10 game scheme. Apparantly it wouldn't work though

The sort of numbers attending the recent cup/play-off matches can't be considered potentially regular support, because they're one off games that everyone makes a special effort to get to.

If there's extra, regular support out there, I would suggest it hasn't been tapped into yet.

The sort of numbers attending the recent cup/play-off matches can't be considered potentially regular support, because they're one off games that everyone makes a special effort to get to.

If there's extra, regular support out there, I would suggest it hasn't been tapped into yet.

It's been tapped into previously, on several occasions.

In recent years Royle coming back v Tranmere added 2 or 3 thousand to the gate, we sold out v QPR in the play off semi and weren't far off v Blackpool.

It doesn't take much more than decent football and a bit of hope.

We were getting similar crowds to now when I started going in 1988, although we'd get 12,000 or so against, eg, Leeds or Bradford or Blackburn. Look at the crowds a year or two later.

That's another factor - a lot of stayaways can't abide the drudgery of a pitiful away following. They'll be up for the atmosphere 3 or 4 thousand in the RRE regularly would make.

Edited by HarryBosch

Realisation that Johnson isn't the Messiah?

Waiting for new stand and trying to avoid the stupid £30 administration fee?

Put off by the early discount cut offj?

Yep, all of the above.

I was surprised that the price rises and the admin/finance fees didn't cause more of a stink when they were revealed.

IMO the main reason is the poor home form last season and lack of goals, many are not convinced anything will change, even SC said in the Chron today the manager's philosophy or chosen style of play has changed.Reading between the lines SC won't put up with negtive home tactics next season for fear of losing another 600.

Will he put up with positive home tactics if they result in us getting beat 4-3 every other week?

Did I say gung ho ? but if you are happy to carry on like last season with the same results fair enough.

I suspect SC has told LJ he want's a more positive system applied at home in future, and he who pays the piper calls the tune.

Did I say gung ho?

What's with all this "but if you are happy..." tosh as well? :lol:

I suspect Corney has told Johnson he wants results next season. Style of play is a secondary consideration. See, we can all make baseless assumptions...

Did I say gung ho?

What's with all this "but if you are happy..." tosh as well? :lol:

I suspect Corney has told Johnson he wants results next season. Style of play is a secondary consideration. See, we can all make baseless assumptions...

SC has sacked managers who got results in the past, but whose style of play was unsatisfactory to fans, he would do the same to LJ if supporters voted with their feet?

SC has sacked managers who got results in the past, but whose style of play was unsatisfactory to fans, he would do the same to LJ if supporters voted with their feet?

Yes, a number of years ago, and hopefully he's learned his lesson.