Season tickets

Does anyone know how many we have sold this close season?

How many have we sold in previous close seasons?

I've got one for the first time in 6 years, I'd like to think the numbers are up on previous years. I'd dearly love it if we didn't get a sub-3000 crowd at all next season

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd dearly love it if we didn't get a sub-3000 crowd at all next season

I was surprised to see we only had 2 this season.

2792 against MK Dons in the league and 2646 against Notts County in the JPT. Hopefully with the new stand we'll attract a few more regulars.

I know alot of people who stayed away due to there only being 3 stands. I think quite a few people who stayed away will come back or at least be considering it.

Never understood this.

To the latter part, I really hope we can get back 4,000+ gates week in week out.

I was quite shocked as to how low the number was 2 days before the cheap ST offer ended, as for some reason I thought this season they would be a bit higher, although I imagine a lot snapped theirs up in the last couple of days before the offer ended

I too know a couple of people considering a ST this year, 1 never had one and the other used to have one.

According to the season by numbers post on the official website yesterday the number of season tickets sold last season was 2,896.

No news on new sales to date and very quiet compared to previous years' updates

2 days before the cheap offer deadline ended. We had sold just over 1400...much lower than I expected but Imagine there may have been a late surge on the last couple of days to get it above 2k?

In line with last season according to the Chron.

2 days before the cheap offer deadline ended. We had sold just over 1400...much lower than I expected but Imagine there may have been a late surge on the last couple of days to get it above 2k?

well I got mine on the deadline day and there was a queue, so hopefully you're right. I'm surprised we'd sold 2,896 last season, I would have thought it would have been much less. Out of interest does anyone know how many we sold in the Glory years?

Price increase

Finance tax

Relocation tax

Best players leaving

agree unfortunately until a squad is assembled that looks capable of mounting a serious assault on the top half of the table fans are just going to stay away, without wanting to sound negative and critical there will be no lanzoni, grounds, tarky, baxter and even possibly wes and smith that we started with last season add to that harkins and worrall its easy to see why some will see us struggling in the bottom third of the division next season, I know my view doesnt conform with the optimists amongst you but that is the reality, I find it worrying that LJ is bigging up players like Bove as in my opinion he is a couple of years away from 1st team football if we are relying on the kids weve had it.

agree unfortunately until a squad is assembled that looks capable of mounting a serious assault on the top half of the table fans are just going to stay away, without wanting to sound negative and critical there will be no lanzoni, grounds, tarky, baxter and even possibly wes and smith that we started with last season add to that harkins and worrall its easy to see why some will see us struggling in the bottom third of the division next season, I know my view doesnt conform with the optimists amongst you but that is the reality, I find it worrying that LJ is bigging up players like Bove as in my opinion he is a couple of years away from 1st team football if we are relying on the kids weve had it.

Plenty of good players for this level players will be available on reasonable terms, remember 3 of the back 5 didn't come in the side until later in the season and the defence improved considerably.

And lets remember that wes wasnt considered a starter at the start of the season lanzoni wasnt here and many people on here thought that tarky should be released. There may be many reasons for people not renewing but , lets not be overly optimistic about the past

if we get only one game next season like the peterborough game then buying my ST was worth it.

yes we wont be winning the league but so what.

you'd pay £300 to watch oldham beat peterborough 5-4? is that what you're saying

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting to hear Brentford have sold 4000 season tickets (so far) for their championship season.

Got me thinking how many we'd actually sell if we were to gain promotion? My first thought would be a lot more than 4000 (possibly 6k?) But is that unrealistic?

Interesting to hear Brentford have sold 4000 season tickets (so far) for their championship season.

Got me thinking how many we'd actually sell if we were to gain promotion? My first thought would be a lot more than 4000 (possibly 6k?) But is that unrealistic?

I think that is pretty unrealistic. Not sure when the last time we sold 4,000 season tickets was, but I'm guessing it was a long time ago. I think even with a promotion and a very generous pricing structure, 4000 would be around our maximum, I'm afraid.

I think that is pretty unrealistic. Not sure when the last time we sold 4,000 season tickets was, but I'm guessing it was a long time ago. I think even with a promotion and a very generous pricing structure, 4000 would be around our maximum, I'm afraid.

Didn't we sell 4000 season tickets during our prolonged time in this division? I wouldn't be surprised if we sold around that many when Shez was in charge, and if not then when Dowie was.

Didn't we sell 4000 season tickets during our prolonged time in this division? I wouldn't be surprised if we sold around that many when Shez was in charge, and if not then when Dowie was.

Average attendance was around the 5.5k - 6.5k mark while they were in charge so it was possible, I suppose. Would still suggest that's around our maximum, though.