The worse kit launch in history

I don't about you but no-one is holding a gun to my head making me buy anything with a badge on.

Clearly you don't have children. :wink:

Anyways, the thing is Oldham fans are in it even if you they don't buy it, sign over the door says Sports Direct - if you think Sport Direct are handing over money just to be an postscript on the stadium moniker, then you are sadly mistaken.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Clearly you don't have children. :wink:

Anyways, the thing is Oldham fans are in it even if you they don't buy it, sign over the door says Sports Direct - if you think Sport Direct are handing over money just to be an postscript on the stadium moniker, then you are sadly mistaken.

Oh no trust me I'm not naive I read an article recently about sports direct one of the main reasons they have been successful in a downturn in a shrinking market is due to their ability to negotiate good rent deals on their stores. But no matter how rich and ruthless mike Ashley is he can't make me buy a shirt or call our home ground anything other than boundary park. He's not Kim Jong un.

"But little jimmy will burst into tears if I don't buy him a replica shirt"

Well I'm sure it's not the only thing he will have to learn to go without.

Do what you like, It doesn't make any difference.

Looks it pretty obvious that Ashley doesn't give a crap about oafc this is a business decision for him.

It would be equally naive to assume we get nothing out of this if changing the name is the price we have to pay for a long term future for oafc then so be it I hope it's not the last type of deal like this that we do.

Any news on when the home kit is available to buy? My lad's bday next week. Assumed it would have been out by end of July?

It's revealed on Thursday and we'll be able to buy it sometime at the end of August.

there's a lot of sneering here along the lines of "if you don't like it don't buy it, what's your problem ?"

thing is, people want to like it & they want to buy it. people show their support in lots of different ways. plenty of people want to buy an oldham shirt they like & they're disappointed when it turns up & they don't. I'm not into replica kits these days myself but I've no problem with people who are. & I'm not going to sneer at them because they're pissed off they're being offered a crappy off the shelf kit with a couple of badges ironed onto it in a vile colour that they don't like.

I can't be arsed reading the whole board. Has there been a problem? Can't remember ever a new home strip being available before the start of the season.

It's a ridiculous thread title started minutes before the kit was available that seems to have negatively skewed the thinking of many.

Shirts have certainly been available before kick off before. Some you like, some you don't. This one doesn't bother me either way tbh.

The one that's just come into this household is probably the poorest quality shirt I've ever seen. But it doesn't have the big FILA logos all over it so I'll cope.

there's a lot of sneering here along the lines of "if you don't like it don't buy it, what's your problem ?"

thing is, people want to like it & they want to buy it. people show their support in lots of different ways. plenty of people want to buy an oldham shirt they like & they're disappointed when it turns up & they don't. I'm not into replica kits these days myself but I've no problem with people who are. & I'm not going to sneer at them because they're pissed off they're being offered a crappy off the shelf kit with a couple of badges ironed onto it in a vile colour that they don't like.

Well said Luis. Let us hope we dont score as many own goals on the pitch as our Commercial Management score off it! Piss Up/Brewery again.

Well said Luis. Let us hope we dont score as many own goals on the pitch as our Commercial Management score off it! Piss Up/Brewery again.

The same Commercial Management who have just delivered the biggest sponsorship deal in the club's history?

The same Commercial Management who have just delivered the biggest sponsorship deal in the club's history?

Do you know the terms of the agreement that might reach 7 figures over 5 years? I dont and so will remain sceptical.

Its a crap kit and a total rip off that has not even been put out there in the marketplace in a professional manner. It has taken a few people just on here a few hours to see how it has been made up and at what profit levels, even after a notional 'discount.' Absolutely amateurish!

Do you know the terms of the agreement that might reach 7 figures over 5 years? I dont and so will remain sceptical.

Its a crap kit and a total rip off that has not even been put out there in the marketplace in a professional manner. It has taken a few people just on here a few hours to see how it has been made up and at what profit levels, even after a notional 'discount.' Absolutely amateurish!

So your subjective view about the kit trumps the well publicised commercial deal over the stadium naming rights. Fair enough.

It's a ridiculous thread title started minutes before the kit was available that seems to have negatively skewed the thinking of many.

Shirts have certainly been available before kick off before. Some you like, some you don't. This one doesn't bother me either way tbh.

The one that's just come into this household is probably the poorest quality shirt I've ever seen. But it doesn't have the big FILA logos all over it so I'll cope.

I missed the word ' not ' out of my post. Should have read ' Can't remember ever a new home strip NOT being available before the start of the season.

Weird that we're having to wait until the end of Aug to be able to buy it.

Edited by Yard Dog

I missed the word ' not ' out of my post. Should have read ' Can't remember ever a new home strip NOT being available before the start of the season.

Weird that we're having to wait until the end of Aug to be able to buy it.

Poor service, but in exchange for £1m we can cope.

So your subjective view about the kit trumps the well publicised commercial deal over the stadium naming rights. Fair enough.

The point I made quite clearly about the launching of the away kit had nothing to do with my (and others) dislike of it-I pointed out it was a rip-off and of poor quality.

If I had liked the kit my point would have still been the same-that is not subjective, it is factual!

Well publicised deal re stadium naming rights! Where? Go on give me facts and figures. By the way up to 7 figures over 5 years might mean a hell of a lot less! In the case of OAFC it invariably does!

Edited by ChaddySmoker

The point I made quite clearly about the launching of the away kit had nothing to do with my (and others) dislike of it-I pointed out it was a rip-off and of poor quality.

If I had liked the kit my point would have still been the same-that is not subjective, it is factual!

Well publicised deal re stadium naming rights! Where? Go on give me facts and figures. By the way up to 7 figures over 5 years might mean a hell of a lot less! In the case of OAFC it invariably does!

Ooooh, you were doing so well, and then you went and spoilt it with your own healthy dose of bollocks!! And nice how you quietly dropped the totally subjective 'garish colours' or whatever it was part of your post!!

:grin: