The worse kit launch in history

As I said above, it is bespoke as long as our badge appears on the shirt. Unique it is not.

Well then it's quite deceiving by the manufacturer. Especially when it has been massively built up on the 'fishal by the use of that word. The product itself is irrelevant, if I'm marketing something as 'bespoke' I'd expect it to be at least somewhat original, not a cheap template. I personally don't care as I won't be buying it and therefore final post on the matter as I really don't want to get bogged down in this...

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're completely missing the point by trying to be satirical.

Ryan, I do take your point, but I dont think you get where I am coming from. I'm an old bloke, and once upon a time before marketing,unique, bespoke and generic came in to the equation regarding a simple football shirt. They were indeed "just a football shirt". And if people dont like the MODERN way clubs or shirt manufacturers produce and sell football kit, then simply dont buy it.

Well then it's quite deceiving by the manufacturer. Especially when it has been massively built up on the 'fishal by the use of that word. The product itself is irrelevant, if I'm marketing something as 'bespoke' I'd expect it to be at least somewhat original, not a cheap template. I personally don't care as I won't be buying it and therefore final post on the matter as I really don't want to get bogged down in this...

I was going to argue but frankly you are correct, it does give the wrong impression which is all that matters at the end of the day.

One has to wonder what the delay in supply was all about as it's a bog standard Sondico yellow and black shirt.

The only difference being the addition of a club crest and S.D logo on the front for which we are charged an extra £26.

I wouldn't have bought one anyway but it's all pretty poor and amateurish to say the least.

I just hope the home kit is a little more unique but I would guess at it being of the same design but in blue and white!

To be truthful the ruthless exploitation by a big company on merchandising football fans hitting a new was always on the cards. Here it is. You'll buy anything with a badge on and they know it.

Sports Direct are the Ryan Air of the sports retail world at the end of the day. How could you expect any less?

One has to wonder what the delay in supply was all about as it's a bog standard Sondico yellow and black shirt.

The only difference being the addition of a club crest and S.D logo on the front for which we are charged an extra £26.

I wouldn't have bought one anyway but it's all pretty poor and amateurish to say the least.

Yup, agree with all this.

People can agree/disagree/moan about the choice of colour until they're blue in the face, but you can't deny it's a bit naff that they've stuck a Latics badge on a bog standard shirt and want to charge us £40 for it.

But we've jumped in bed with the devil, and this is the price you have to pay sometimes. Not the end of the world, but we'll just have to grin and bare it I'm afraid.

gone are the days when i cared what our new shirts/kits looked like... BUT that's quite pathetic that they've not designed a new kit for us, they've simply put a badge and their sponsor on?? yet charged £25 more, ridiculous if you ask me!

anyway, i wasn't intending on buying any shirt but like someone else said Preston have a new Nike strip designed and you're getting it for the same price

I'm changing my tune a little as the design is growing on me. Looks good on the likes of Forte (even better on Scholes should he wear for us in the league next year rather than a tweet) as opposed to us mere mortal fans.

Still won't buy it though for myself and my kids would give me a headache running around the house wearing it; quality questionable too I heard so for me a definite no and hold out for the home shirt for the kids.

I'm changing my tune a little as the design is growing on me. Looks good on the likes of Forte (even better on Scholes should he wear for us in the league next year rather than a tweet) as opposed to us mere mortal fans.

Bt9pkuIIcAE1e3t.jpg
Look how creased it is.

Is it not even non iron?

I bet Preston's is non iron

Edited by HarryBosch

To be truthful the ruthless exploitation by a big company on merchandising football fans hitting a new was always on the cards. Here it is. You'll buy anything with a badge on and they know it.

Sports Direct are the Ryan Air of the sports retail world at the end of the day. How could you expect any less?

Well said. There is a price to be paid.

I don't about you but knowone is holding a gun to my head making me buy anything with a badge on.

If anyone is stupid or week willed enough to buy anything with a badge on well you know the saying a fool and his money are easily parted.