The worse kit launch in history

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Christ some people on here are idiots. You've been into the store and seen that literally EVERY ITEM has a label for either 30, 50, or 70% off. It's the way sports direct do it. It's to make it look like it's cheaper even though they're selling it for what they intended.

It's never meant to be £50. It's always £40 for football shirts (at our level anyway).

Having seen it, bought it and worn it I am entitled to my opinion which is that it is OK. The players will look bigger and more aggressive when wearing it BUT the price (£39.99 can't see anyone paying £49.99 and after Christmas probably ten quid) is outrageous given the simple design and poor workmanship. It is a Sunday league effort made in a hurry with profit the main motive. It is not a shirt to be proud of and it won't last.

£39? Sondico are selling the exact same shirt minus OAFC badge and Sports Direct transfer in their Sunday league range for £10-£17.

It's the exact same shirt design and colours.

Apparently Sondico were claiming that our shirt designs were to be bespoke to Oldham Athletic yet it's an old Sunday league range with the badges added.

I won't buy but this is surely a rip off? At least Carbrini, FILA and even Sparta produced a unique design every release!

Somebody on Twitter has payed £53 for the shorts and top in size 4-5 for a little kid. I've just checked and you can get a full Yoonited kit for the same age group, £32 at Sports Direct. Daylight robbery.

why would any sane person want a manure kit for anything other than a rubbing rag so that price sounds about right

"Up to 30% off"

Load of bollocks pricing from the load of bollocks sports chain.

Who are sponsoring our club, either a 6 or 7 figure sum over 5 years

This money will give us a chance to compete better than otherwise

A discount on something that's never been on sale, is dat even legal?

That's what I thought. Something like it had to be on sale at original price for a certain time before you can advertise it at a discount.

'The worse kit launch in history'

Did this take place while the club were in negotiations for a £1million kit sponsorship deal the most valuable in the clubs history?

While at the same time negotiating letting rights with the same kit sponsor for valuable retail space in our new multi £million stand.

I seems reasonable to me to suspect these negotiations may have gone to the wire.

I am able to accept any damn colour under the sun in way of a THANK YOU - but seems I'm in a small minority.

'The worse kit launch in history'

Did this take place while the club were in negotiations for a £1million kit sponsorship deal the most valuable in the clubs history?

While at the same time negotiating letting rights with the same kit sponsor for valuable retail space in our new multi £million stand.

I seems reasonable to me to suspect these negotiations may have gone to the wire.

I am able to accept any damn colour under the sun in way of a THANK YOU - but seems I'm in a small minority.

£1 million kit sponsorship deal? Ye sure about that?

That's what I thought. Something like it had to be on sale at original price for a certain time before you can advertise it at a discount.

A sale is a discount off a previous selling price.

A discount off the retail recommended price is not a sale and isn't covered by legislation in the same way.

£1 million kit sponsorship deal? Ye sure about that?

A tad too excited. Kit sponsorship, ground naming rights, retail space, Sports Direct have it's palm print all over it. 1 million over a publicised 5yr deal. We will probably never know the true figures with any retail kickback added on. But it would be reasonable to assume it was the best deal on the table and maybe the only one.

A tad too excited. Kit sponsorship, ground naming rights, retail space, Sports Direct have it's palm print all over it. 1 million over a publicised 5yr deal. We will probably never know the true figures with any retail kickback added on. But it would be reasonable to assume it was the best deal on the table and maybe the only one.

As long as we didnt have to bend over backwards on any rent deal for retail space that we were struggling to get tenants for. Obviously!

Edited by ChaddySmoker

I own and wear (on a semi-regular basis) this shirt... full shebang with sponsor and PL arm patches - love that beauty!

got the other green shirt sometimes wear it for the novality of it

Edited by oafctom

Pretty sure the kit was just a necessity for us and the value made in shirt sales is pittance compared to the overall annual deal. Probably an easy give on our part to let Sports Direct take on all the operations and even profits.

If this is the case the club owners still have a duty of care to ensure their customers are getting value for money. My view is this is a pretty thoughtless production. The fact they are using a unique colour to avoid a 3rd kit also suggests to me it is sondico running our kit decisions. This saves them more than it make OAFC.