Best Latics kit launch

Didn't the club make a bit of a fuss about the '100 years at BP' shirt a few years back? That was the only half decent shirt we've had since switching to the cheapo manufacturers, in my opinion. The recent black one was all right, apart from the badge.

I'm not sure what people expected yesterday. It's a kit. It's an away kit, which generally means it's in colours we don't really have an affinity to. It's made by Sondico/Sports Direct, so it's cheap and nasty. Given the very recent announcement of the deal, they've obviously resorted to an off-the-shelf number and are likely to do the same with the home kit. Frankly, why anyone would want to walk around with a massive Sports Direct logo on their chest, I have no idea.

If you don't like the shirt (and, personally, I think it's a monstrosity) don't buy it. I'm not sure what supposedly made the launch of the kit 'the worst ever'.

Seeing as many have been critical of the launch of the new away kit ............. can anyone actually think of a time when the club have made a song and dance about a shirt release?? I can't

We should though.

Make a big deal of it in the town centre, get some local celeb involved, & Chaddy the Owl etc..

Especially as it's the school holidays.

Some kind of prize draw where names, addresses & phone numbers can be picked up to be marketed.

Perfect opportunity to raise the clubs profile in the town and pick up a few new supporters.

The aspect I find most amusing/surprising is the posturings/expressions of outrage at the new shirt and aspects related to it.

It appears that some were amazed and disgusted that it wasn't made out of baby deer skin, wasn't available for £5, nor was produced in colours to match the shade of your eyes, wasn't created by a brains trust of top fashion designers , and isn't on sale in every shop in a Oldham.

The aspect I find most amusing/surprising is the posturings/expressions of outrage at the new shirt and aspects related to it.

It appears that some were amazed and disgusted that it wasn't made out of baby deer skin, wasn't available for £5, nor was produced in colours to match the shade of your eyes, wasn't created by a brains trust of top fashion designers , and isn't on sale in every shop in a Oldham.

I especially liked. "It was just on the floor behind them, the disrespect"

And

What the :censored: is a bespoke colour for Oldham? Do we have a colour that nobody else has ever seen.

It a football top ffs.

At least from next week the moaners can moan about the actual football as opposed to every single other thing

Edited by palmer1

I don't think it's unreasonable to be annoyed that you were lied to by the manufacturer and to want a unique shirt that at least reflects the identity of your club for £40. I also think that most understand that was wishful thinking with a company like SportsDirect, and I don't understand why that's mocked despite it being what we've sadly come to expect as the norm. It says something about the way fans are treated when it's seen as 'amusing' that a supporter would be unhappy about something as basic as having a fairly priced football shirt to wear with an ounce of pride... Edited by NewBlue

I must accept poor standards and being deceived, it makes me a better fan!

I don't think it's unreasonable to be annoyed that you were lied to by the manufacturer and to want a unique shirt that at least reflects the identity of your club for £40. I also think that most understand that was wishful thinking with a company like SportsDirect, and I don't understand why that's mocked despite it being what we've sadly come to expect as the norm. It says something about the way fans are treated when it's seen as 'amusing' that a supporter would be unhappy about something as basic as having a fairly priced football shirt to wear with an ounce of pride...

Bravo sir! Well said! Yes we secured £250,000 or whatever but we were told we'd be getting unique shirts but it's just old stock, old template with badge added. The club relies on very penny so shirt sales are of importance regardless of the fact some sneer down their nose that some of us like to wear the shirt along with our kids. I'd happily pay £40 if value for money but the shirt, quality etc isn't

The best "kit launch" was when I was young and I used to get my mum to ring the clubshop every night after I got in from school to see if the new kit was out. None of this teaser :censored:e, just a good old phone call then off to Latics to buy it the following morning then wearing it to school that day. It didn't matter what it looked like because it was my new oldham athletic kit.

Eh?

From what I've gathered off the other thread, the spiel from Sondico on the official site said the kit would be unique to the club, when in fact Gateshead have the exact same shirt, and you can buy the template without badge or SportsDirect sticker for a a quarter of the price online.

Not wise to believe what the salesman says, but they did say it.

I remember when I was younger and I got an Umbro catalogue showing the Umbro collection 1992/93 with kits for Division One..

Manchester United, Sheffield Wednesday, Chelsea... my mates were drooling over the Villa kits and then I spotted the Oldham kits.... modelled by two blokes from Dear Deidre photo casebook admittedly but flaming Oldham Athletic amongst the footballing elite at the time.

I was well chuffed, bought both of them and still have both in the loft. The red and white one with laced up neck... was on one the recent posts. The blue one minus a sponsor with the design on the arm.

Happy memories!

Didn't the club make a bit of a fuss about the '100 years at BP' shirt a few years back? That was the only half decent shirt we've had since switching to the cheapo manufacturers, in my opinion. The recent black one was all right, apart from the badge.

I'm not sure what people expected yesterday. It's a kit. It's an away kit, which generally means it's in colours we don't really have an affinity to. It's made by Sondico/Sports Direct, so it's cheap and nasty. Given the very recent announcement of the deal, they've obviously resorted to an off-the-shelf number and are likely to do the same with the home kit. Frankly, why anyone would want to walk around with a massive Sports Direct logo on their chest, I have no idea.

If you don't like the shirt (and, personally, I think it's a monstrosity) don't buy it. I'm not sure what supposedly made the launch of the kit 'the worst ever'.

The worse ever. Even badder.

I don't think it's unreasonable to be annoyed that you were lied to by the manufacturer and to want a unique shirt that at least reflects the identity of your club for £40. I also think that most understand that was wishful thinking with a company like SportsDirect, and I don't understand why that's mocked despite it being what we've sadly come to expect as the norm. It says something about the way fans are treated when it's seen as 'amusing' that a supporter would be unhappy about something as basic as having a fairly priced football shirt to wear with an ounce of pride...

Right on NewBlue.

This gentlemen is how you launch a shirt

calvin-ayre-image-4-543930882.jpg

Or more recently

Ayr-United-Kit-Launch.jpg

To be an equal opportunities employer we could even get our manager to wear a proper cloth version or a male model with a 6-pack to do the same thing.

Aaaaaaaahh. Now THATS why I moved to Ayr!!!

I know what you mean

Puts head in hands and shakes from side to side despairingly