Dominic Poleon Signs from Leeds United

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Kit Kat chunky has me spending £219 at the dentist today as it snapped out a crown that now heeds a root canal.

You should sue Nestle, the baby murdering tooth ruining bastards.

(I really want a KitKat chunky now.)

A Kit Kat chunky has me spending £219 at the dentist today as it snapped out a crown that now heeds a root canal.

It was a polo mint that got me several years ago...I chomped on it and a hairline crack sheared on my bottom molar luckily, like a good plasterer my dentist rebuilt the enamel part of the tooth and spared me a lot of expense.

Touching wood that I have never had anything major since.

....bizarrely, has just briefly appeared on '21 up' on BBC1 as the friend of a lad called Sanchez Payne who was on trial at Doncaster - released by Leeds in 2013 - & Andre Wisdom of Liverpool - on loan at West Brom. Seemed decent lads, as per LJs comments about managers he's played for liking him....!

....bizarrely, has just briefly appeared on '21 up' on BBC1 as the friend of a lad called Sanchez Payne who was on trial at Doncaster - released by Leeds in 2013 - & Andre Wisdom of Liverpool - on loan at West Brom. Seemed decent lads, as per LJs comments about managers he's played for liking him....!

Interestingly his friend Sanchez who was featured on the programme was messed about on trial at Doncaster last summer like Danny P and Robbie Simpson

Poleon could be as good as assombalonga according to Johnson. The same one who scored 33 goals in all comps last season.

No pressure kid.

Sometimes the really quick ones are wild finishers, anyone remember Jermaine Johnson?

quote name="BP1960" post="729366" timestamp="1409819187"]

Sometimes the really quick ones are wild finishers, anyone remember Jermaine Johnson?

All too well, that MK Dons game where he managed to nearly hit the corner flag from 8 yards when 1 on 1, then following it up with a worldie from 25 yards a minute later.

Never have I been more confused and frustrated by a Latics goal in my life.

Poleon could be as good as assombalonga according to Johnson. The same one who scored 33 goals in all comps last season.

No pressure kid.

There won't be that much pressure heaped on him. The emphasis on could means he believes in Poleon and says if he knuckles down and works hard, his just rewards will be similar to what assombalonga's success is. Time will tell but I think we've done a cracking bit of business.

Interestingly, he was at Bury when I was coaching there a couple of years ago and seemed to remember that he did the 100m sprint in not much over 10 seconds, that against a tiring defense could kill teams!

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-utd/poleon-fury-as-leeds-renege-on-contract-offer-1-6823841

Sounds like Dom's permanent move was rushed through a bit, I hope he is happy coming over from Leeds every morning. Sounds like there are more problems at Leeds if the owner has to like players to keep them. Something Corney has learnt and something that will be tested if the Porter rumours are true.

Awesome journalism by the way:

Poleon is expected to make his debut for Oldham at home to Fleetwood Town tomorrow, a game against the club who are second in League Two.

It has only been ten years since it was division two.

Edited by blueatheart

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-utd/poleon-fury-as-leeds-renege-on-contract-offer-1-6823841

Sounds like Dom's permanent move was rushed through a bit, I hope he is happy coming over from Leeds every morning. Sounds like there are more problems at Leeds if the owner has to like players to keep them. Something Corney has learnt and something that will be tested if the Porter rumours are true.

Interesting but it seems like we saw a good opportunity to get a permanent signing and took it. Fair play to SC.

There's another insight into the mad world at Leeds with the departure of Matt Smith

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-utd/i-was-shocked-leeds-wanted-me-out-says-fulham-signing-smith-1-6817874

Reading that article, it doesn't sound like he'll be brimming with enthusiasm when he pulls on a Latics shirt on Saturday.

Reading that article, it doesn't sound like he'll be brimming with enthusiasm when he pulls on a Latics shirt on Saturday.

It's Yorkshire reporting for a start. Watching his interview he sounded a bit down but willing to prove himself.

LJ Quote Bingo -

"an arm round his shoulders"

"he needs a bit of a love"

"just a bit of a cuddle"

I'll stop at that point.

My reading was that he is a very sensible and focused individual who will take every opportunity to play football and give it full commitment