Dominic Poleon Signs from Leeds United

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Read a fair few comments from Leeds fans who said he has pace but other than that his finishing is terrible.

"Last season I kept on saying "bring poleon on. Let him run at people". Then he was brought on and I remembered why he shouldn't be on. The bloke in the main does nothing and you forget he's on the pitch. Not good enough sadly. "

"Nothing like good enough. No footballing brain, touch of a rapist, headless chicken. Has pace but very little else."

"With a lot of work you might improve Poleon's technique, but not his vision or footballing awareness. As with White, people seem to overrate him because he has pace."

"It would be far more honest to say that he hasn't yet shown he's good enough. He may never be. Equally with decent coaching he might be the next surprise package.

But apart from a few sparks of pace he hasn't ever looked like he can actually read a game. He isn't unique in that, unfortunately."

"hes wank... and in all honesty has zero natural ability and footballing brain... as earlier alluded to, he simply doesnt have a touch which for a decent forward, regardless of pace, is a pre-requisite."

"He's not good enough - Sell/Release."

"He needs to go for his own sake. Nowhere near good enough, another Simon Johnson"

"Are you being serious? Did you not see it when he ran down the wing and just ran away from the ball - utterly bizarre

It's like his legs are made of cotton wool, his shooting is terrible."

"He runs a lot, other than that he's :censored:e."

"I genuinely think he's not a footballer. Yes he's quick but even his finishing in the training before the game is consistently dreadful with poor technique. Would love to see him prove me wrong cos we need some pace but sadly, I don't think he has the talent."

"Why debate . He's crap. He has had plenty of time to impress and he just hasnt cut it . Let him go . Theres nothing to debate"

Edited by PlayItLivo

Read a fair few comments from Leeds fans who said he has pace but other than that his finishing is terrible.

"Last season I kept on saying "bring poleon on. Let him run at people". Then he was brought on and I remembered why he shouldn't be on. The bloke in the main does nothing and you forget he's on the pitch. Not good enough sadly. "

"Nothing like good enough. No footballing brain, touch of a rapist, headless chicken. Has pace but very little else."

"With a lot of work you might improve Poleon's technique, but not his vision or footballing awareness. As with White, people seem to overrate him because he has pace."

"It would be far more honest to say that he hasn't yet shown he's good enough. He may never be. Equally with decent coaching he might be the next surprise package.

But apart from a few sparks of pace he hasn't ever looked like he can actually read a game. He isn't unique in that, unfortunately."

"hes wank... and in all honesty has zero natural ability and footballing brain... as earlier alluded to, he simply doesnt have a touch which for a decent forward, regardless of pace, is a pre-requisite."

"He needs to go for his own sake. Nowhere near good enough, another Simon Johnson"

"Are you being serious? Did you not see it when he ran down the wing and just ran away from the ball - utterly bizarre

"I genuinely think he's not a footballer. Yes he's quick but even his finishing in the training before the game is consistently dreadful with poor technique. Would love to see him prove me wrong cos we need some pace but sadly, I don't think he has the talent."

"Why debate . He's crap. He has had plenty of time to impress and he just hasnt cut it . Let him go . Theres nothing to debate"

Sounds promising. Most of our fans think we are :censored:e and Kelly is :censored:e and Elokobi was questioned after one game so based on that I'm quite looking forward to seeing Poleon.

'He runs around a lot'

Legend in the making at our club then.

Lets give the kid a chance eh?

Leeds fans think they are the biggest club in the country and should be in the Premier league because off history and that other clubs fans only turn to watch them. They also chant champions if Europe so with that kind of delusional thinking I couldn't give 2 :censored:s what they make of a player who has played most of his games from the bench for them

Edited by palmer1

At the end of the day, the lad just needs an arm round his shoulder and a bit of love. We can develop him and he can be our work in progress for the rest of the season like JCH. He has potential that needs unlocking and you know, the boy might play ever so well if we let him... sorry tailed off into PD there some where.

Give him the chance, obviously if fans at Leeds loved him to bits he wouldn't have been on the release list because he would have been one of their best players.

Probably similar to our quotes for Jermaine Johnson when he left and then he went on to play for Sheff weds for most of his career at a higher level... Playing with confidence will hopefully give him the boost needed to add more than his raw pace to his game

Probably similar to our quotes for Jermaine Johnson when he left and then he went on to play for Sheff weds for most of his career at a higher level... Playing with confidence will hopefully give him the boost needed to add more than his raw pace to his game

...and you could argue Craig Davis too with some of those comments.

I won't be paying too attention to what the Leeds fans say, we need to take him as we find him. The 1 Leeds fan I spoke to said he has pace to burn, is pretty strong and causes problems for defenders; but his finishing is wild.

On that basis, we've essentially swapped like for like with Poleon and JCH.

Both are a millions miles away from the finished article, but with work, development and a bit of luck; he (Poleon) could well turn out to be a good 'un.

We'll see for the 1st time tomorrow if / when he gets on.

...and you could argue Craig Davis too with some of those comments.

I won't be paying too attention to what the Leeds fans say, we need to take him as we find him. The 1 Leeds fan I spoke to said he has pace to burn, is pretty strong and causes problems for defenders; but his finishing is wild.

On that basis, we've essentially swapped like for like with Poleon and JCH.

Both are a millions miles away from the finished article, but with work, development and a bit of luck; he (Poleon) could well turn out to be a good 'un.

We'll see for the 1st time tomorrow if / when he gets on.

Like for like and made a decent profit.

Leeds fans are the most stupid, arrogant, delusional gob:censored:es. They always have been. They were nothing before Revie. They never won the European Cup because they weren't good enough. They thought they were as big as Manure, but they were never in the same category in terms of size, brand potential. That's why they over spent and got relegated, spending most of the 1980s in the second division with crowds of around 14,000. Then Howard Wilkinson did a fantastic job. Fair play to him. They won promotion playing some good football. He built a brilliant academy. They then won the league. Some really great kids. Average gates back over the 30,000. Not good enough. Moan, moan, moan. Wilkinson sacked. They then dreamed the dream under Ridsale. Spent way out of their range. The rest is history.

Still the arrogant bastards don't have an ounce of intelligence. This is a kid we're talking about. 'Touch of a rapist.' Well, doesn't that sum up the level of this club of eternal scum. Their opinions are worth nothing.

I remember a few cast offs we had from Leeds, Andy Linighan, Andy Richie, tommy wright, Dennis Irwin....yikes we were also most a team of Leeds castoffs at one stage....so, welcome to Oldham, pull the shirt on, put a shift and if you find the back of the onion bag happy days.

you've selected the negatives... there were plenty of positive posts aswell PlayItLivo that you have conveniently missed out

No agenda. The bad reviews far outweighed the good ones.

Not saying he'll be :censored: for us. Just posting the consensus amongst Leeds fans where those comments were posted.

No agenda. The bad reviews far outweighed the good ones.

Not saying he'll be :censored: for us. Just posting the consensus amongst Leeds fans where those comments were posted.

Leeds fans are :censored: and plenty slagged off Eardley, Davies, Tierney, O'Grady, even Johnson and they all went to do better than us... Fan's opinions mean :censored: all. I'll judge him on his time on the pitch in a Latics shirt

Wasn't Winchester 'gash' till this season? He's 21, it has taken him a bit of time to blossom, 15 minutes here, 60 minutes there and other spells out of the team. We are a 3rd division club scraping by on scraps from the big boys table and a bit of luck here and there. My season ticket is on row P of the RRE, no doubt I will get hit by a few of Poleon's shots over the coming months but I will also give the lad my backing as he is wearing the shirt of the team I support.

We can't afford the finished article we have to make do and mend. I am absolutely gutted that JCH has been sold, seeing the tweet then firing up the fisul page to see it really was true wasn't pleasant but it has happened before and will happen again. I like watching the young players develop, going from startled rabbits into angry, bitter, battle hardened, gnarly 3rd division pros. JCH was turning into a decent forward but was struggling as he was the spearhead of a team that was struggling. Such a shame that due to finances we had to sell him just as we looked like we might be gelling and turning a corner.

But that's gone and we're going with Poleon. Back to square one for a bit. Hopefully he will hit the ground running and give us all that feeling when the ball hits the back of the net and on a regular basis.

The thing I am most looking forward to over the coming games is hearing the more 'informed' of our crowd calling for Bove to be brought on as we haven't scored by the 37th minute.

Leeds fans are :censored: and plenty slagged off Eardley, Davies, Tierney, O'Grady, even Johnson and they all went to do better than us... Fan's opinions mean :censored: all. I'll judge him on his time on the pitch in a Latics shirt

Leeds fans are :censored: on what basis exactly? What's makes them :censored:? That they had the largest away following in League One by a country mile? That they probably have a top 5 away following in the championship?

Eardley was underrated by a lot of our fans on here I won't disagree with. Davies had ability we all knew, but he was a bit of a mad head and no one complained that he was replaced by Lee Hughes who banged in 18 that season.

Tierney was never given a chance which is why fans didn't rate him. It's not the fans fault he was released without being given a proper crack of the whip. Remember he moved down a division before moving up.

O'Grady didn't get much of a sniff either, he was fairly rated from what chances he was given. A couple of good appearances but no goals and didn't stand out as marquee player compared to the likes of Hughes, Liddell, Gregan, Taylor and Whitaker in them opening dozen of games.

Like I said, I was just posting quotes. Not arguing against the fact that Poleon might turn out good for us.