• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone provide a comprehensive list of all sources of income at the club, ie. Companies, related entities and individuals etc so that those wishing not to pay the wages of Ched Evans can perform a fully effective boycott and truly disassociate themselves from this situation for the period of his employment (should it happen)?

If this can be done before he signs on the dotted line to ensure no stains on reputations that would be much appreciated.

Anyone involved in establishing effective sanctions against Russia post-Crimea may be required to help, but this is important.

Edited by lalalajpkalala

Oh trust me it is. But I can't bring myself to pay the wages of and cheer on a convicted rapist, nor can I distinguish in my mind between the man in the shirt and the team he represents.

My non attendance would not be a protest - I just can't bring myself to support the team with him in it. To stand there whilst my fellow fans sing One Ched Evans.

Not for me and I'm gutted because it's the powers that be that will be taking my club away.

Totally and utterly 100% with you on this.

Oh trust me it is. But I can't bring myself to pay the wages of and cheer on a convicted rapist, nor can I distinguish in my mind between the man in the shirt and the team he represents.

My non attendance would not be a protest - I just can't bring myself to support the team with him in it. To stand there whilst my fellow fans sing One Ched Evans.

Not for me and I'm gutted because it's the powers that be that will be taking my club away.

I mean once, if Evans were to sign, he leaves the club.

And had you quoted the rest of m my post - witnessing a crime doesn't make you an accomplice to it... Many people witness bank robberies yet don't intervene -far too many people on here comment without actually understanding the law

Calm down mate. I wasn't quoting you I was repeating my initial point and I will again that the prosecution did not establish whether he was a witness or accessory as the prosecution chose not to present that case to the jury. This was the view of the judge that reviewed whether Ched had a right to appeal I.e. He was answering the same question that Playitlivo had asked.

We sack montano for damaging the clubs reputation/image can simon corney please tell me wtf is our reputation in the first place we based the montano situation on? I hope montano sues us and sports direct pull the plug!! I would rather support a fan run team in the non league than this shower controlled by corney and the fans rep barry chuckle owen!!!

We sack montano for damaging the clubs reputation/image can simon corney please tell me wtf is our reputation in the first place we based the montano situation on? I hope montano sues us and sports direct pull the plug!! I would rather support a fan run team in the non league than this shower controlled by corney and the fans rep barry chuckle owen!!!

Prick.

Whichever club signs him should keep it quiet as possible, tell his people to keep their mouths shut and just announce it after he signs a contract. This back and forward :censored: does no-one any good.

...well if the club have the rethink they need to have, I'll consider it an ad hoc consultation that yielded the right result.

Now read the replies to that post.

Ok, fair enough, but if he has a right to work why is there an issue with him signing. He has done his time. He cannot be punished for it forever. This is the crux of the matter, aside form the argument that he was wrongly convicted in the first place. How a jury found him guilty beyond reasonable doubt is incredible in my view.

Ok, fair enough, but if he has a right to work why is there an issue with him signing. He has done his time. He cannot be punished for it forever. This is the crux of the matter, aside form the argument that he was wrongly convicted in the first place. How a jury found him guilty beyond reasonable doubt is incredible in my view.

Even though you weren't on that jury and didn't have access to the same evidence they did? I mean, I understand why people have doubts, but you, like me, weren't there so on what basis are you second guessing the jury?

Edit - sorry, that came across as a bit dickish and confrontational. My point was that nobody here was in the courtroom, saw the evidence, or were part of the deliberations. My limited experience of jury duty is that people take it very seriously even in the most emotive cases and really do consider 'reasonable doubt' very very seriously, so I have a hard time assuming that they didn't in this case.

On your first point, he doesn't have a right to work. He has a right to look for work. Nobody is obliged to offer him a job.

Edited by Crusoe

His appeal has already failed and his renewed appeal was also rejected meaning the original verdict is considered just.

A rape conviction stops you gaining employment in lots of jobs (teaching, health, social work and tons more). It should be the same for a footballer being in a position of influence and high profile.

The percentage figures on the vote show people are coming around to the idea, it was about 97% last month, now it's 79%.

I can't see that this won't go ahead? They got backlash and emails last month, what did they think would be different this time?

Were they not expecting a furious backlash?

Smacks of further incompetence from the board..

Again. Spot on.

I mean really. FFS, what did they expect.

Question: we now don't sign him and back-track. Damage still done no? SC, BO and the rest of the board have sullied the club as it is?

But - I so hope they back-track, U-turn or whatever the hell you want to call it...

His appeal has already failed and his renewed appeal was also rejected meaning the original verdict is considered just.

A rape conviction stops you gaining employment in lots of jobs (teaching, health, social work and tons more). It should be the same for a footballer being in a position of influence and high profile.

Why should it? And the fact is it doesnt. How do you suggest he rehabilitates himself? Is he not allowed to try and rebuild his life?

The percentage figures on the vote show people are coming around to the idea, it was about 97% last month, now it's 79%.

I can't see that this won't go ahead? They got backlash and emails last month, what did they think would be different this time?

No, it just means more people who's opinion is the polar opposite to mine have logged on and decided to vote and clicked Yes. Not that people are changing votes and 'coming round to the idea'

I am not against signing Evans, but as the evening moves on and reports are coming in regarding our manager not being agreable as to taking Evans on. Then further reports saying that Corney is known to buy players over the managers head. Leaves me feeling sick to the core. If LJ walks in protest over the signing we are going to be right in the sh**. What a stupid way to throw the club in to turmoil. All for the sake of doing Evans a favour.

Why should it? And the fact is it doesnt. How do you suggest he rehabilitates himself? Is he not allowed to try and rebuild his life?

Seriously? You're wondering why a sexual offences conviction should bar someone from certain professions?