• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I :censored:ing hate Big Brother... It came on tonight and I was reaching for the remote control when the voice over guy put out more warnings than I knew existed about tonight's content... I had to watch it at that point lol

To be frank I just watched a guy feel he could help himself to some women because she was trying to help him and he had a few beers. He "malfunctioned" and thought she wanted to get down and dirty.

What the :censored: is it with some men ?

Me man, you women... sod any form of consent... I will just fill my boots...

You only have to look at how this situation made her extremely upset to realise the impact such unwanted advances have on someone. Having listened to some of the comments from some about how some stuff is less serious than others.

Sorry felt it was relevant with everything discussed regarding Evans... and I think some people just don't get this stuff...

The only positive part is he seems to realise he was a knob. Unlike Evans...

Edited by oafc0000

I :censored:ing hate Big Brother... It came on tonight and I was reaching for the remote control when the voice over guy put out more warnings than I knew existed about tonight's content... I had to watch it at that point lol

To be frank I just watched a guy feel he could help himself to some women because she was trying to help him and he had a few beers. He "malfunctioned" and thought she wanted to get down and dirty.

What the :censored: is it with some men ?

Me man, you women... sod any form of consent... I will just fill my boots...

You only have to look at how this situation made her extremely upset to realise the impact such unwanted advances have on someone. Having listened to some of the comments from some about how some stuff is less serious than others.

Sorry felt it was relevant with everything discussed regarding Evans... and I think some people just don't get this stuff...

The only positive part is he seems to realise he was a knob. Unlike Evans...

Absolute bollocks!!!!!

I bet you watch big brother all the time!

For anyone still interested, there is a very informative, balanced and well written article in The Sunday Times sports section today. Fills in quite a few blanks.

In the bit that can be read without subscribing, it says the plan was for Evans to sit on the bench yesterday and play for the last five minutes. I think they’re getting confused with Anton Rodgers at Anfield.

The Times article is a very interesting read. Johnson, in particular, comes across well, "Massey's greatest regret from the Oldham debacle was that Evans would not get to work with Lee Johnson who had impressed everyone with his intelligence, his values and his straight-talking."

Some interesting extracts from the article:

'When that was leaked, [that Latics werr originally intetested] he club was criticised and later clarified that they would not be signing the player. Oldham director Barry Owen kept in touch with Evans and Massey. His message to to them was that he was not giving up on the player.'

'The difficulty for Oldham was their young manager Lee Johnson, who originally was not in favour of Evans joining the club...Johnson told Evans he did not believe in second chances and that if he thought that he, Evans, had committed the act of rape he wouldn't touch him. That said, he went on to add that he believed in Evans' innocence. But before he would take him back he would first speak to certain people, including his wife.'

'At that point Corney said the decision would be Johnson's...soon Johnson told the player that he wanted to sign him.'

Massey says the reported promise of covering damages was totally false.

It is a fairly long article, but well worth getting your hands upon a printed copy, rather than looking at extracts. It's one of the very few articles that seems not to paint the club in a bad light. l came away thinking the club had gone into to the whole thing having thought long and hard about the matter, and if there was an error, it was in underestimating how the sponsors would react.

It is a fairly long article, but well worth getting your hands upon a printed copy, rather than looking at extracts. It's one of the very few articles that seems not to paint the club in a bad light. l came away thinking the club had gone into to the whole thing having thought long and hard about the matter, and if there was an error, it was in underestimating how the sponsors would react.

Or you could just find someone who has screengrabbed it and put it on twitter :peepwall:

Edited by rudemedic

lol what a terrible piece...

We are in no real worse financial position than we was last week. We pulled back from the brink... The concept we was too far down the line to pull back was to be frank, stupid.

Other than the loss of a prize on a scratch card... and free gutter repairs.... Everything is back to normal isn't it ? From a money point of view?

The rest could of been written about any league one or two club to be honest.

We are in no real worse financial position than we was last week. We pulled back from the brink... The concept we was too far down the line to pull back was to be frank, stupid.

Other than the loss of a prize on a scratch card... and free gutter repairs.... Everything is back to normal isn't it ? From a money point of view?

Funny how none of the Press chose to include the financial disparity part of the story, in the interest of balance, when the nation was being fed lines similar to Vince Cable's "footballers are enormously well-paid".

Scratch card? You really haven't been for years have you?

I'm an ex-newspaper journo (not of any great repute at all I hasten to add) and all I can say is that Independent piece reads to me like it was already written in the guy's head while he was driving to the ground, regardless of what he would have seen at Boundary Park. Just what was the point of it really? Last week, before we got embroiled in the Evans saga, we were a mid-table League One side with no money to spend. This week, we are...a mid-table League One side with no money to spend. As for moaning about the facilities, what did he expect? It's Boundary Park, not Woburn Abbey.

I just found that a completely pointless article.