But he can be a footballer...

Just like that window cleaner he needs to just find enough people who don't know what he has done... If that windower cleaners customers finds out what he has done what do you think happens?

Good luck Mr Rapist

Funny enough a poster called Postman Matt just down arrowed this post...

I doubt the Roymail have rapist postman on the books... Stand to be corrected...

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt the Roymail have rapist postman on the books... Stand to be corrected...

I doubt Postman Matt is an actual Postman, he can #getanywherein10minutes

That's only for certain jobs tho is it not?

Examples...

Meter readers... Supermarket home delivery drivers...

Would it be discrimination for the those companies to not employee rapists ? Ofcourse not....

Edited by oafc0000

maybe not but he could be a taxi driver which is even more frightening !!!!

After looking further discrimination in the work place can is only against the law if you are discriminated against for any of the protected characteristics. Convictions isn't (as yet) a protected characteristic.

Doesn't mean discrimination of any sort for any reason is morally acceptable though

Nb not many people come on here and shoot down there own arguement

Employers are not allowed to turn a person down for a job if they have a 'spent' conviction. To add, the conviction only becomes spent after a further rahabilitation period after the end of the actual sentence. For custodial sentences of 6-30 months the rehab period is 4 years.

Therefore he can be turned down.

Edit - Ched was jailed for 5 years which means his conviction can never actually be 'spent' (if i've read it right).

https://www.gov.uk/exoffenders-and-employment

Edited by jimsleftfoot

Davebuckley06 makes a good point when he states "Your (and the rest of the anti evans brigades) stance that the majority were against him signing for us is bewildering also. What evidence do you have to suggest that your with the majority? A vote on owtb's? The same vote that 200 or so people voted in out of well over 2000 members? That's not a majority. The anti evans brigade were louder, more forceful and used majorly under hand tactics . . . This does not make them a majority."

I, like many others, canvassed the views of my colleagues on this issue. The vast majority believed Evans should be allowed to play. Then again - we are all solicitors!

George Osborne was on the radio this morning, he said that everyone involved (sheff utd, us, the PFA) had acted too hastily. He thinks that footballer's are role models, and as such Evans should earn his way back into the game.

I think there is a difference between believing Evans should be allowed to play, and wanting him to play for my club.

I'm split on the first issue, strongly against on the second.

As I think O4U said earlier in the thread, it may make me a NIMBY...I'm fine with that on this occasion.

Davebuckley06 makes a good point when he states "Your (and the rest of the anti evans brigades) stance that the majority were against him signing for us is bewildering also. What evidence do you have to suggest that your with the majority? A vote on owtb's? The same vote that 200 or so people voted in out of well over 2000 members? That's not a majority. The anti evans brigade were louder, more forceful and used majorly under hand tactics . . . This does not make them a majority."

I, like many others, canvassed the views of my colleagues on this issue. The vast majority believed Evans should be allowed to play. Then again - we are all solicitors!

Maybe Dave has got a point, but equally unless he's done the numbers, there's no particular way Dave can prove that he is in the majority. If the 200 people on here polled representative of the fan base, probably not, but neither is a straw poll amongst collegues.

I think there is a difference between believing Evans should be allowed to play, and wanting him to play for my club.

I'm split on the first issue, strongly against on the second.

As I think O4U said earlier in the thread, it may make me a NIMBY...I'm fine with that on this occasion.

This 100%

George Osborne was on the radio this morning, he said that everyone involved (sheff utd, us, the PFA) had acted too hastily. He thinks that footballer's are role models, and as such Evans should earn his way back into the game.

Even as a fully paid up member of the anti-Ched brigade, I find these arguments stupid. How does he 'earn his way back into the game'?

Even as a fully paid up member of the anti-Ched brigade, I find these arguments stupid. How does he 'earn his way back into the game'?

Show remorse and repentant for his crimes...

OR

Clear his name

I don't see any other routes back...

Steve Bruce now weighing in with his two penneth worth saying Evans should be allowed to play, and his conviction looks dubious.

Is the weight of public opinion slowly turning in his favour?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30742947

The worlds gone :censored:ing mad... It an issue for the courts not Football....

Imagine just for moment... The two times he has been found guilty now and the fact there is a victim...

So distasteful....

Edited by oafc0000

The worlds gone :censored:ing mad... It an issue for the courts not Football....

Imagine just for moment... The two times he has been found guilty now and the fact there is a victim...

So distasteful....

You're really not getting this are you? He has not been found guilty twice.

It was an issue for the courts. They sentenced him. He has served the custodial element of his sentence. Subject to certain restrictions he is perfectly entitled to seek work. Football is his profession. it is not a profession that constitutes regulated activity. He can therefore play professional football.

Edited by Wozzer

Its been appealed you massive idiot Bruce.... :petesake:

I guess he spent five mins reading Cheds website... Totally clued up he is...

My understanding it that Evans was refused leave to appeal his conviction by a Court of Appeal judge in 2012........

You're really not getting this are you? He has not been

He has not been what ?

He was found guilty....

He failed to appeal it...

His last hope is a case review that over turns 2% of the small number of cases it sees....

So what am I not getting ?

Edited by oafc0000