• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's steer clear of any further analysis of the case, please.

But I do want to just add, as part of the 'anti-Ched brigade' that I don't think anyone in favour of him signing is necessarily condoning his actions or defending him and I find your assertion that your opinion is common sense and mine isn't a tad difficult to swallow.

I didn't/don't want him to be a Latics player because he's a convicted rapist. It's not for me to analyse the case or to question the verdict that the jury reached and that the Court of Appeal didn't feel should be overturned. Whether you like it or not, he was convicted of rape. That's a fact, not an opinion. And I don't want my club to have rapist turning out for them.

I understand why u don't want him at our club. And I understand his conviction is fact. I havnt denied it is just putting 'the other' view across. The majority of anti evans brigade do see it as condoning it. It's just frustrating that grown men and women can't see the bigger picture and regardless of the courts decision can't see that things arnt always black or white or that it's been known on occasion that there have been miscarriages of justice just as Gordon Taylor has lauded to this evening

I'm not trying to persuade anyone anything. I'm just trying to put a balanced view across. Some people just refuse to accept/ see it

Edited by davebuckley06

Gutted.

Looked like we had a truly decent striker for the first time in a decade.

The stats on the percentile chances of his conviction being overturned at this stage are very strong. OAFC basically 'prick teased' him over the last 5 days.

No idea, no courage in their conviction, no bollocks, no ambition. Oh when the blue go crawling away...

Hope it comes up on Question Time?

Prime Minister David Cameron told BBC North West Tonight that it was "unrealistic" for Evans to expect to get straight back into the sport.

He said: "Perhaps he needs to do more to put back in to the community some sense of atonement for what he's done before he restarts his career."

PFA chairman Gordon Taylor said it would be "very difficult" for Evans to stay in football following the League One club's change of heart.

There would need to be "quite a difference in the tide of opinion" for Evans to play professional football again, he said.

Still think Taylor's mouth caused a lot of this press hysteria and Cameron well obnoxious establishment chameleon.

Yesterday Cameron had nothing to say apart from a non commital soundbite! Today after the event he jumps on the Bandwagon.

I sincerely hope you're not pigeonholing all anti-Evans supporters with that statement. Not wanting an unrepentant sex offender to represent the football club you support is a perfectly reasonable stance to take.

It may have been a bit too much of a sweeping statement not all but the majority yes

Does anyone know which parts of the community are open to a convicted rapist out on licence?

That point was raised on BBC Question Time tonight and no one on the panel answered it.

Edited by BP1960

That point was raised on BBC Question Time tonight and no one on the panel answered it.

They all shirked it because they are trying to play to what they consider the majority.....

The only reason they could find was his 'high' wage....that to me almost has a smell of jelousy about people on a higher wage!