• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no doubt that Barry like the rest of us has the clubs best interests at heart and by all means he's entitled to his opinion. But FFS the last thing we really need after two poor defeats is to not only bring all this back up again but to do so in the manner he has done.

"Get out of our club get out of our club unwanted ex copper get out of our club "

There's a better song on the OASIS subforum from after Gillingham

What you mean this one?

"He tried to sign a rapist, He's a c***, And we just can't seem to :censored: him off?"

Think there's another verse about not being British now too

Honestly it's like a pack of wolves. What has he said that warrants most of this? I am convinced most of this frenzy you are all building up on one another.

I am all for individual opinion, but by Christ!!

Turning away from the feeding frenzy a tad, what if.....and this is a big what if, CE wins this appeal and subsequently clears his name. Will he, in your opinion be allowed to sign for a football club, even OAFC?

Honestly it's like a pack of wolves. What has he said that warrants most of this? I am convinced most of this frenzy you are all building up on one another.

I am all for individual opinion, but by Christ!!

Turning away from the feeding frenzy a tad, what if.....and this is a big what if, CE wins this appeal and subsequently clears his name. Will he, in your opinion be allowed to sign for a football club, even OAFC?

He is allowed to sign for a football club, any football club.

As long as it's in the UK what with him finishing off a sentence for rape like....

He is allowed to sign for a football club, any football club.

As long as it's in the UK what with him finishing off a sentence for rape like....

I think that's what Barry is saying.....

However, you know what my question was.

Do you think it's a good idea for this to brought up again Lags? So we can all have the exact same conversations about it again? And still disagree?

But mostly the first question.

Personally. I don't see the point no. Nor will I fall out with anyone who's opinion differ's, if they are civil with me.

Edited by Lags

Who was the guy who ripped off the trust funds? When is baz starting the campaign for him to return to the job he was trained for?

Baz? Baz? Surely you feel strongly about rehabilitating that guy too?

Who was the guy who ripped off the trust funds? When is baz starting the campaign for him to return to the job he was trained for?

That's a fair comment....equality for all....hmmmm

Personally. I don't see the point no. Nor will I fall out with anyone who's opinion differ's, if they are civil with me.

That's fair enough Lags, but it's still the case that most people think now that Barry is a :censored: whatever their views on Evans.

Despicable white collar crime is worse than rape or death causing. Clearly.

In the context of the current situation it's just irrelevant. It was not in the best interests of the club to pursue the signing at the time and it certainly isn't in the interests of the club for directors to drag the issue back into the headlines now

In the context of the current situation it's just irrelevant. It was not in the best interests of the club to pursue the signing at the time and it certainly isn't in the interests of the club for directors to drag the issue back into the headlines now

This is the point that I think anyone would struggle to argue against. Whatever your views on whether or not the club should have gotten involved in trying to sign Evans, what good can come of making the whole debacle a talking point again, just as it had blown over? It beggars belief that a director of the club would do so.

Oldham director says hes ashamed to be British after Ched Evans saga.

http://www.the42.ie/ched-evans-oldham-barry-owen-1953382-Feb2015/?utm_source=shortlink

:huh:

The guys a dick.

Just a big noise. That's all he ever has been. A big noise at Oldham Rugby Union. The big noise when Oldham were looking at building a ground near to where he was living. A big noise against it that is. No doubt.... [*REMOVED*]

YOU'RE BORING BARRY

Edited by Stevie_J
Not wanting a defamation action.

If Barry is so keen to give reprobates a second chance, why doesn't he have a few doing all the unpleasant tasks around the club like sweeping the terraces, giving the toilets a spruce up and taking Mr Owen's ermine down to the dry cleaners? He could even have one of them doing his tax return in return for having a poster of who they like in their cell.

The guys a dick.

Just a big noise. That's all he ever has been. A big noise at Oldham Rugby Union. The big noise when Oldham were looking at building a ground near to where he was living. A big noise against it that is.

YOU'RE BORING BARRY

I'd edit out that last bit of the long sentence if I were you mate... (I have)

Remember that winger who we sacked when he was caught on camera admitting trying to get booked for money? If Barry believed in rehabilitation so much shouldn't we have stuck by him, instead of sacking him before he was found guilty (which he hasn't been, and won't be).

Or did we just sack him because he was crap?